• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

TE、僕はき君の助力要る。日本語を学ぶのどこ行かないだめ?

Alright I'm just gonna type the rest in English because what I wrote is probably a trainwreck. I hit the end of the grammar guide and I know that I'll only really internalize that stuff with practice. What... do you think I should do? Like, short of taking a class, how can I expose myself to it--is games and manga and the like really a viable option? I don't know, I'm kind of lost. It's like I have a ton of building blocks but no words to connect them with

I'm going to take this as an excuse to do a little learning myself. I think I understood your general question in there, but, I probably would have tried expressing it like so (this is not guaranteed good, or even adequate, mind you. I make no claims to being able to write the language. A compare/contrast dissection could maybe be useful, I guess):

TEさんよ、私は日本語の勉強を手伝ってくれないか?研究物はどちらへ見るが良いか?

As for trying to answer your question, either play simple-language text-heavy games with a hooker so you can extract and look up unfamiliar kanji that don't have furigana in ruby-text, or immerse yourself in some raw manga (with furigana). Exposure, exposure, exposure, will help you get a feel, is what I've been told, and what seems reasonable.

Edited by Balcerzak

So I decided to do something crazy in Victoria II. I opened up my save file on WordPad and edited the date so it'd be back to the starting point of January 1, 1836. That, and only that. So pretty much what I'm planning to do is see how many time loops are needed before the whole planet wears sombreros and eats tacos. Silly goal, but a hilarious one nonetheless...

After watching videos of Zero/Ao Evolution, I think the game is so worth it if only for the fully voiced story...

Maybe after I play them in Korean...

Also, since Sora is in Liberl, Zero/Ao is in Crossbell, and Sen is in Erebonia, I wonder if the next ED game will be in the Calvard Republic...

japanese learning thread

only 8D

Grorious 日本語.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I'm going to take this as an excuse to do a little learning myself. I think I understood your general question in there, but, I probably would have tried expressing it like so (this is not guaranteed good, or even adequate, mind you. I make no claims to being able to write the language. A compare/contrast dissection could maybe be useful, I guess):

TEさんよ、私は日本語の勉強を手伝ってくれないか?研究物はどちらへ見るが良いか?

As for trying to answer your question, either play simple-language text-heavy games with a hooker so you can extract and look up unfamiliar kanji that don't have furigana in ruby-text, or immerse yourself in some raw manga (with furigana). Exposure, exposure, exposure, will help you get a feel, is what I've been told, and what seems reasonable.

I'm guessing the first part of that was just honorifics. But, I'm assuming the second part says "could I have help with studying Japanese?" And then after, "what would be a good way to study it?" Well, I got the gist anyway, I figure

So in other words reading would do the trick? I think that's a fair idea. I'd have to work with the radicals for Kanji I didn't know but it certainly sounds more exciting than, say... memorizing the Joyou Kanji

let's not

でも、僕の日本語が下手です。:<

加うるに、レイさんはいじわるんだよ。

BTW HI BRADY

be careful what you're infecting

HI JENNI PILOTS LUCK SERIOUSLY RIGHT AS I LEFT

Hey

I can't help it if my infection is irresistible

Just what are you thinking...

But ANYWAY I guess he felt bad about it because suddenly I became very ununlucky yaaaaaaay

That or Sumia is just the bestestest ever

I assume you meant lucky there not unlucky

The infection.

Should we be worried of it.

Will the silliness spread.

Wrong infection.

However, Jenni's silliness with my infection capability?

Intriguing.

Oh so is that what Pilot's known for nowadays~!

Always sorta

でも、僕の日本語が下手です。:<

加うるに、レイさんはいじわるんだよ。

i somehow figured the first sentence but not the second

but yes, korean master race

"on top of that, rey is mean" i.e. he's probably going to correct me somehow somewhere and drive my shota butt to the dirt with this gloriouso nihongo. :c :c :c

HOW DO I SAY "KOREAN MASTER RACE" IN KOREAN?????

All the more reason to practice, right?

You can't use him as an excuse either, sir

his gloriouso nihongo is too intimidating, sir.

*tips boushi*

I'm not quite as sure about the second one but I think he basically said, "Besides, Rey's mean, you know." Probably that his Japanese (and anyone else's, like mine, that's inferior) would get cut to pieces when he showed up.

Go figure, I got it right. Now does that mean we both thought of it in English or that I interpreted his proper Japanese correctly?

Edited by Lux Aeterna