• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninji is missing out on one of the best traditional RPGs ever.

Oh, the surprise

I played the first 3 hours or something of FF4 once. I found it very boring.

OHMG THE SURPRISE

Ninji is missing out on one of the best traditional RPGs ever.
I played the first 3 hours or something of FF4 once. I found it very boring.

There you have it.

cannon restraint rope is wrong though. Or, he's playing the SNES version, which I'm calling the DS version one of the best RPGs ever.

But even the SNES one is a real contender. DS version, I've heard that it became easier, with augments and shits

DS version, I've heard that it became easier, with augments and shits
I heard the only real game breaking Augments were Twin Cast (gotten extremely late into the game) and something else, but otherwise it is still a very hard game, and a balanced kind of hard at that. Augments mostly serve to make Kain something other than "lol jump".

Then get to the more fun parts.

Bah. To me FF4 and 6 are basically Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana etc, just with all the good stuff taken out. And with random encounter. I HATE random encounter.

cannon restraint rope is wrong though. Or, he's playing the SNES version, which I'm calling the DS version one of the best RPGs ever.

Snes version. Gotta admit the graphics in the ds version look good.

Bah. To me FF4 and 6 are basically Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana etc, just with all the good stuff taken out. And with random encounter. I HATE random encounter.
Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are not excuses to not play an excellent game. That, and in the DS version, the encounter rate is good.

I heard the only real game breaking Augments were Twin Cast (gotten extremely late into the game) and something else, but otherwise it is still a very hard game, and a balanced kind of hard at that. Augments mostly serve to make Kain something other than "lol jump".

Wasn't there one with Edward that he could attack/cast magic while hidden?

Also, I just fucking hate those Red Dragons. USE LVL 3 FLARE BITCHES

That's another bad thing. It's not hard, it's just that you have to spend lots of time backtracking to do boring grinding because you find out you're not leveled enough to take the current boss. In games like Chrono Trigger you are always at a good enough level as long as you don't skip enemies.

Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are not excuses to not play an excellent game. That, and in the DS version, the encounter rate is good.

The only reason I'm not trying FF4DS is that I don't want to spend money on it.

It's not hard, it's just that you have to spend lots of time backtracking to do boring grinding because you find out you're not leveled enough to take the current boss.
No, you have not played FF4DS. Do not speak such bullshit to me that you have to win by grinding.

Go fucking play it, and you'll learn that the bosses actually take strategy to beat.

No, you have not played FF4DS. Do not speak such bullshit to me that you have to win by grinding.

Go fucking play it, and you'll learn that the bosses actually take strategy to beat.

Oh, sorry, I was talking about the snes version.

Also, since I'm in the mood for complaining, I don't like that the max money in FE5 is 999999. I want millions just to prove the abuser I am.

Etel vs Chainey.

IT'S TIME FOR RETRIBUTION

BATTLE ONE

DECIDE THE DESTINY

Complaining about grinding in a game that doesn't even have such a problem, and in fact the only use of grinding in FF4DS is against random encounters, is pretty much an auto-loss in an argument like this.

I would not be praising FF4DS and calling everyone's opinions invalid and wrong if the boss battles did not take strategy over grinding.

As for whatever augments make the game too easy, I think one can simply not use them.

Edited by Samuto

Oh, sorry, I was talking about the snes version.

Also, since I'm in the mood for complaining, I don't like that the max money in FE5 is 999999. I want millions just to prove the abuser I am.

Well, you would need a limit to not make the Samurai the Gamebreaker

Complaining about grinding in a game that doesn't even have such a problem, and in fact the only use of grinding in FF4DS is against random encounters, is pretty much an auto-loss in an argument like this.

I would not be praising FF4DS and calling everyone's opinions invalid and wrong if the boss battles did not take strategy over grinding.

As for whatever augments make the game too easy, I think one can simply not use them.

The only part that I needed grinding was against those fucking mage sisters.

Well, you would need a limit to not make the Samurai the Gamebreaker
Well, no game is perfect, but from what I played of FF4DS so far (haven't beaten it), it still manages to do better than 95% of RPGs in existence.
The only part that I needed grinding was against those fucking mage sisters.
They were easier than I expected. Take one out, and suddenly the whole group of them is unable to function at a viable level. Edited by Samuto