• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

You've been spending way too much time around Jackal and BB, Chainey.

I made this decision looooong before I even met those two.

I go onto GameFAQs, ask, "Hey, so they actually kept Maniac Mode in FE10? How is it?"

The response: "Ike is back. Ragnell is back."

The implication of this made me say, "Screw that."

There are multiple cliffs that act as walls, and doors just force you to use thieves or buy a key. That's useless.
Doors are choke points, and can sometimes be used as traps to make you be careful about opening doors. Walls serve as level layout for characters to move around, and give way of allowing specific enemy placement to work well.

Actually play FE3 and you'll know why indoor levels work well.

As for cliffs, I'll give you that, but then, to a lesser extent than the Selisia forest example, there are only a couple cliffs that can really call itself having gameplay like an indoor level, one being in the Augustria chapter and the other being in For Whose Sake.

Minus the geometric formations (which are so awesome :3 ), that's what happens in 90% of FE games.
Really?

A lot of FE games don't put you on gigantic maps with huge gaps that make most of the map's size pointless. Plus in good FE level design, enemies are placed DILIBERATE LOCATIONS so that they will have an advantage on the player. FE4 just says, "here's a block of enemies. Go attack the player" or just scatters some dudes around a castle and calls it a trap.

Now, that hurt, Chainey.
It hurt really bad when you were bashing FE3 Book 2 without actually playing it, so you have no right to even claim to have sensitive emotions.
Forest patches in Silesia are meant to hinder your movement, though, so that the Pegasus Knights can attack you with easy, which you just said you hated.
Yes, one set of forest patches...

IN THE ENTIRE GAME.

What is wrong with you? That's like saying that a Megaman game would require a ton of precision in jumping if it only gave you one spike pit to jump over. That's like saying that Pokemon would be Type weakness centric if only one gym was actually weak/strong to your attacks (every other one being neutral). You really hinging your argument on the clear lack of consistency here?

I think it's clear by now that FE4, while having a solid foundation, really needed more consistency and elaborate map design. I don't care if Sigurd remains broken if the game has an answer to what he can do (which doesn't even have to be FE5 or FEDS difficulty, just enough to make the player require effort and thought in their approach to the chapter and preservation of their units).

Edited by Chainey

First post, rule #8.

That one states Marthur is a girl. It doesn't say Marthur = Tinny. :(

Indeed. I don't think I've replayed any other single RPG more than twice.

It's probably due to the fact both are awesome and have an excellent replayability factor.

Edited by Togieduo

That one stats Marthur is a girl. It doesn't mean Marthur = Tinny. :(

You know they're related.

It's probably due to the fact both are awesome and have an excellent replayability factor.

Yes. Pairing/class change systems ftw.

Do you know of any SD3 hacks, or games with similar gameplay?

Yes, better than this one. Every voice was perfect.

Nowadays' BR dubs are shit, though.

Edited by Tiena

That's like saying that Pokemon would be Type weakness centric if only one gym was actually weak/strong to your attacks (every other one being neutral).

I wonder what Pokemon would be like without types

Nowadays' BR dubs are shit, though.

There ARE good dubs, though they are mostly on kid's shows.Naruto has a pretty hi/low dub.

You know they're related.

There's a whole world of difference between saying Marthur is a girl and saying Marthur is Tinny.

Yes. Pairing/class change systems ftw.

Do you know of any SD3 hacks, or games with similar gameplay?

Indeed. You know you want to play the game once more, just to make Faval king of Silesia!

And I'm afraid I do not know any hacks. And I don't get much further than SD2 and Secret of Evermore when it comes to similar gameplay.

Edited by Togieduo

There's a whole world of difference between saying Marthur is a girl and saying Marthur is Tinny.

Well... he's a female, and he's named Tinny.

Indeed. You know you want to play the game once more, just to make Faval king of Silesia!

I did that in my first playthrough. I still don't understand how.

Spam Explosion and then revive them again with items to beat the game.

Sounds good. (Super) Special (Awesome) edition time?

Edited by Rehab

Well... he's a female, and he's named Tinny.

But he doesn't star in Seisen no Keifu.

I did that in my first playthrough. I still don't understand how.

... that made me lol.

Started Fe4 Binary. Anything I should look out for?

Different promotions. You can select which class your units promote to with different buttons and, depending on which pairings you go for, could be used to your advantage for item inheritage.

But he doesn't star in Seisen no Keifu.

This thread is Seisen no Keifu.

... that made me lol.

Blind playthroughs are fun... to remember.

Different promotions. You can select which class your units promote to with different buttons and, depending on which pairings you go for, could be used to your advantage for item inheritage.

Oh yeah, Skasaher can inherit B axes (A if Lex's son). Priests can use light magic.

EDIT: Fix

Edited by Tiena