FE4 THREAD

Fia

Trauma Center: 2 for the wii which control poorly on most tvs but have coop capability, and 2 for the DS which are awesome (and hard, but fun)

Phoenix Wright: text game pretty much, try for the DS, if you like it good that's a couple of weeks down the drain for you in exchange for the fun characters, if you like-> keep going into the other games in the series, if you don't-> no love lost

Elite Beat Agents: personal favorite on the DS, wacky rhythm game that will crack you up if you can laugh at shit like, say, Cromartie/Bobobo and is fun to get better at, plus has a couple of Japanese cousins you can import if you like it

No More Heroes: unless you can't get M games for the wii or something. kicks some ass though

obvious choice: Punch Out? Yeah, Punch Out

2nd'd Okami, playing now, it's not scary, it's got an upbeat tone as far as I've gotten and it's easy enough that nothing in this art style is going to be scary.

Edited by Rehab

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Because games that kick your ass and require actual skill to beat are fun.

Most games require some skill to beat. Like PH! ^^ Not to mention Thracia, most likely.

Phantom Hourglass and Thracia are peanuts compared to Contra 4 (and much of the Contra series in general). It's a fast-paced, one hit and you're dead run and gun style game. You're likely to die quite a few times before beating it on the lowest difficulty.

Play Metal Slug. You'll kill about 20 bucks playing it at an arcade, and that's if the machine is a single credit machine.

I said I HAVE money, I didn't say it was no object. : P

Looks like there's some competition for this. Initiate shameless plugging.

Lux, Okami is an epic adventure that is at least twenty-five hours, at LEAST. The music is simply haunting, staying with you for a lifetime. The story is full of twists, and unique, memorable characters. The dialogue is well done, and the game itself is like a painting in motion. It's a must-play, a true work of art.

EDIT-And all of Rehab's suggestions work too.

Edited by Pride

Don't be afraid, Lux.

Afraid of what?

Dating sims.

Afraid? Why, the nerve! Saying what's really on my mind on the topic of dating sims might offend a few people, so I'd prefer it if you just dropped it at this point.

Bring it on. It can't be that offensive.

Edited by TheEnd

Stop lumping all games with a minor romance storyline together. In the original Rune Factory (just like all HMs), Courting and marriage is completely optional.

Play Lost in Blue then.

... I'm sorry... ;____; I guess I can try the original... Is there a DS emulator?

Never heard of it. What's it like?

I use no$gba (partly to rip sprites, partly to finally marry Mei. Amazing that I actually own the games on cartridge though :awesome:)

I also suggest RF2 after you finish RF1. Yeah, you have to get married in that one to advance the plot, but don't be so close minded about it D:

Lost in Blue is a survivor type game. You will die on your first playthrough.

a true work of art.

See, this phrase is kind of meaningless, all media is art, just some art sucks and some art is Okami.

(no hate)

Edited by Rehab

Stop lumping all games with a minor romance storyline together. In the original Rune Factory (just like all HMs), Courting and marriage is completely optional.

Play Lost in Blue then.

... I'm sorry... ;____; I guess I can try the original... Is there a DS emulator?

Never heard of it. What's it like?

I use no$gba (partly to rip sprites, partly to finally marry Mei. Amazing that I actually own the games on cartridge though :awesome:)

I also suggest RF2 after you finish RF1. Yeah, you have to get married in that one to advance the plot, but don't be so close minded about it D:

Hey Chalis, try Desmume if your PC can handle it.

I know mine can't really (No$GBA is faster), but my brother's can. Yum savestates, zooming, etc.

Edited by TheEnd

Don't be afraid, Lux.

Afraid of what?

Dating sims.

Afraid? Why, the nerve! Saying what's really on my mind on the topic of dating sims might offend a few people, so I'd prefer it if you just dropped it at this point.

I... Well... Fine... What makes you think it can't is beyond me, but... ;_____;

I thought the idea of virtual dating seems kind of lame. It's like... A rip-off of the real deal, half for people who can't experience it themselves, and half for people who are obsessed with that kind of stuff...

*takes cover*

I use no$gba (partly to rip sprites, partly to finally marry Mei. Amazing that I actually own the games on cartridge though gee_wiz_emoticon.gif)

Well as long as there's an emulator...

... I... Fine... Next weekend! I begin my journey through Rune Factory!

Sounds like my kind of game. ^^

Don't be afraid, Lux.

Afraid of what?

Dating sims.

I... Well... Fine... What makes you think it can't is beyond me, but... ;_____;

I thought the idea of virtual dating seems kind of lame. It's like... A rip-off of the real deal, half for people who can't experience it themselves, and half for people who are obsessed with that kind of stuff...

*takes cover*

Yes, dating sims and internet dating are for losers. What of it?

The internet is a haven for losers, son.

Edited by TheEnd

See, that's just me trying to wax poetic.

Consensus reached, then

Random thought: Are there any dating sims out there that have really good stories? Like, are legitimately high quality pieces of entertainment?

(no hate)

*headdesk* That's not what I meant! D: D: D:

Then you might want to say what you did mean.

"People who can't experience it themselves" and "people who are obsessed with that kind of stuff" are also known as "losers" in society.

See, that's just me trying to wax poetic.

Consensus reached, then

Random thought: Are there any dating sims out there that have really good stories? Like, are legitimately high quality pieces of entertainment?

(no hate)

Ace would try telling you of Tokimeki Memorial.

He's most likely wrong.

EDIT: FIRE EMBLEM SEISEN NO KEIFU.

Edited by TheEnd

"People who can't experience it themselves" and "people who are obsessed with that kind of stuff" are also known as "losers" in society.

Loops.

I never said that they were losers, I don't believe anyone is a true loser... And people who are fond of that stuff? Those are called girls. I am not one. Yeah, I know there are exceptions...

I'd just better go before I keep digging myself a grave...

Bye...

Loops.

Same thing.

I never said that they were losers, I don't believe anyone is a true loser... And people who are fond of that stuff? Those are called girls. I am not one. Yeah, I know there are exceptions...

I'd just better go before I keep digging myself a grave...

Bye...

It isn't about what you or I think.

And AceNoctali is most definitely not a girl, and yet he's very interested in that kind of game.

What, going already? Bye.