• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Richter's mode in SoTN (and the similar ones) play pretty much like the classic ones, no? Well, no stages, but no inventory easy mode (or leveling, in some cases) either.
I haven't figured out whether killing bosses levels you up yet or not like Julius' mode in Aria (there was no indication in-game, so I'll probably have to look it up). Unlike Rondo of Blood (Richter's game), Richter in SotN can do new moves to improve his maneuverability.

I find it more bland than actually playing a classic Castlevania since there's no incentive to explore the castle now.

Edited by Brawl Sheeda

I'm a statistics whore, I admit I was unable to play SOTN because I was too obsessed with getting the best stats possible from beating Dracula in the beginning.

I'm sure I'd like it a ton if I ever got over that, SOTN IS a well built game.

Richter's mode in SoTN (and the similar ones) play pretty much like the classic ones, no? Well, no stages, but no inventory easy mode (or leveling, in some cases) either.
I haven't figured out whether killing bosses levels you up yet or not like Julius' mode in Aria (there was no indication in-game, so I'll probably have to look it up). Unlike Rondo of Blood (Richter's game), Richter in SotN can do new moves to improve his maneuverability.

I find it more bland than actually playing a classic Castlevania since there's no incentive to explore the castle now.

Ecclesia Hard Mode, Level 1 cap. Have fun with that.

I'm a statistics whore, I admit I was unable to play SOTN because I was too obsessed with getting the best stats possible from beating Dracula in the beginning.

I'm sure I'd like it a ton if I ever got over that, SOTN IS a well built game.

Ecclesia is an improvement though, as much as some of the SotN fanbois may claim to the contrary...

Ecclesia Hard Mode, Level 1 cap. Have fun with that.
I don't have Ecclesia, so I'll refrain (and have already refrained) from saying anything about it.

Buy it. It's one of the BEST games I have ever played. And it's actually got replay value to boot...

And then you have Albus mode. OPTICAL SHOT! OPTICAL SHOT! CAN'T HIT ME! OPTICAL SHOT!

Ecclesia is an improvement though, as much as some of the SotN fanbois may claim to the contrary...

meh

Ecclesia is overrated

It's not that hard once you get past the skeleton boss, the crab is only annoying because you might not know how to kill it right away, the gylph system defeats it's own purpose [Oh so I can't just blaze through the game with just my uber sickles, I have to exploit weaknesses? well gee it's a good thing I CAN SWITCH WEAPONS IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE] It's not a bad game at all, but honestly, people overrate it's difficulty more than FE5. I had MUCH more trouble with PoR fresh Hard [people seem to forget that the miser ring+max gold+golden axe ubercombo is not available from the start on a fresh hard game]

Edited by Joker

meh

Ecclesia is overrated

It's not that hard once you get past the skeleton boss, the crab is only annoying because you might not know how to kill it right away, the gylph system defeats it's own purpose [Oh so I can't just blaze through the game with just my uber sickles, I have to exploit weaknesses? well gee it's a good thing I CAN SWITCH WEAPONS IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE] It's not a bad game at all, but honestly, people overrate it's difficulty more than FE5. I had MUCH more trouble with PoR fresh Hard [people seem to forget that the miser ring+max gold+golden axe ubercombo is not available from the start on a fresh hard game]

SotN is horridly overrated compared to Ecclesia. It's piss easy in comparison.

As for the Ecclesia bosses, there's a reason the game encourages trying to beat them without taking a single hit. Yay, Boss Medals! And then you have the two bonus dungeons to boot, which are ridiculously hard even on Normal mode. And then there's that optional level 1 cap I was talking about for those who STILL don't find it challenging enough...

Also, Hard Mode WILL rape you, Glyph Sleve or no. Goddamn stage traps and Medusa Heads...

meh

Ecclesia is overrated

Huh... anybody who says SotN is hard is out of his mind. It's overrated for other reasons.

I have a feeling this is why people might be overrating Ecclesia's difficulty.

It could also be that some people suck at using the Glyph Sleeve. Or are playing on Hard Mode, which is genuinely Devil May Cry-level HARD.

meh

Ecclesia is overrated

Huh... anybody who says SotN is hard is out of his mind. It's overrated for other reasons.

I mean it's TOO easy. It's just not that fun when it takes that little effort to beat.

And then there's the voice acting and translation...

A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!!!

Fix'd. Lies isn't in the original translation.

The new one is "A Cesspit of Hatred and Lies."

THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS

I actually liked the new one better, because it made more sense.

"WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! BUT ENOUGH TALK! HAVE AT YOU!"