• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that...

This is POKEMON AKA not reality.

pokemon is real to me ;-;

Also, being awesome =/= true.

And America has given all of the reasons why it's an in-universe US base.

"America has bases in Japan" =/= "all of the reasons". It's not even a reason.

"America has bases in Japan" =/= "all of the reasons". It's not even a reason.
Well, skipping over parts where he describes the militaristic aspects of his gyms doesn't help your argument either.

Actually realize that Pokemon is perfectly allowed to be silly about this aspect of the game, especially one concerning Japanese culture which is consistent with other Japanese references in Pokemon.

Edited by Alucart

Actually I'm staring at this thread just like Gant stares at everyone.

Ah.

Well, skipping over parts where he describes the militaristic aspects of his gyms doesn't help your argument either.

Yes, it's a laser door. It's also got switches in trash cans. That's retarded.

Actually realize that Pokemon is perfectly allowed to be silly about this aspect of the game.

If you are taking anything I say seriously, I would find that pretty hilarious.

There's that thick-ass door to the main area, too.

The stuff he gives you is to keep you from actually going further into the base, which is actually much larger than we ever see.

The switches are in garbage cans. Try again.

That's actually a pretty good hiding spot for a switch if you think about it...

If you weren't being serious, you would be poking fun at this instead of arguing about how illogical it is.

Not if I was arguing about it because I knew it was an illogical argument and wanted to have some fun with it, which is what happened. You're the one who took it seriously.

Grrr... Case 4 is making my head spin. Somewhat.

JFA or AA?

Not if I was arguing about it because I knew it was an illogical argument and wanted to have some fun with it, which is what happened. You're the one who took it seriously.

I take it seriously because you're incapable of saying anything even remotely resembling anything funny or silly.

I take it seriously because you're incapable of saying anything even remotely resembling anything funny or silly.

Yay for attacking people randomly?

Happens every time. You can't seem to admit when you're wrong, Chainey.

Edited by Ninji

Yay for attacking people randomly?

Happens every time. You can't seem to admit when you're wrong, Chainey.

Or he's just trolling. Maybe both are.

No, seriously. Ninji can't make himself come across as anything but serious with his arguments. Arguing is probably the worst way to convey unseriousness as well.

If somebody were REALLY unserious, they wouldn't ask, "Are you implying that the Viridian Gym is a military base?" They would say, "So the Viridian Gym is a military base?", delving and embracing the silliness that is Pokemon instead of going, "Dude, he hides switches in TRASH CANS" like a game has to follow real life exactly, nevermind that one could easily argue the gym using trash cans in its favor anyway.

So either Ninji sucks at saying things we aren't supposed to take seriously, because he presents them in the worst possible manner for people not to take seriously, or he's trying to cover his ass.

No, seriously. Ninji can't make himself come across as anything but serious with his arguments. Arguing is probably the worst way to convey unseriousness as well.

If somebody were REALLY unserious, they wouldn't ask, "Are you implying that the Viridian Gym is a military base?" They would say, "So the Viridian Gym is a military base?", delving and embracing the silliness that is Pokemon instead of going, "Dude, he hides switches in TRASH CANS" like a game has to follow real life exactly, nevermind that one could easily argue the gym using trash cans in its favor anyway.

So either Ninji sucks at saying things we aren't supposed to take seriously, because he presents them in the worst possible manner for people not to take seriously, or he's trying to cover his ass.

._.

Either you are seriously reading way too far into this and haven't looked at what thread this is (why would I ever argue anything seriously here?), or you're trying to cover your ass by nitpicking.

Edited by Ninji

._.

Either you are seriously reading way too far into this and haven't looked at what thread this is (I never argue anything seriously here), or you're trying to cover your ass by nitpicking.

I will fully admit to being serious, but I ask you to consider your attitude so that this won't happen again.