FE4 THREAD

Fia

Call me crazy but I think an air reverse falcon punch at the correct timing might make a decent edge guard.

If the guy can't predict it, somewhat.

Yep, I'm a paladin. How'd you guess?

Favorite FE class. Also the Pally is friendly with newcomers in this game. Auras~

Zeal in one hand, Fanaticism in the other, kicking ass for the Lord.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was playing the original Smash Bros the other day. My god, Captain Falcon was epic in that game.

*Looks at Brawl*.

...What have they done!?!

He sucked worse in Melee.

:facepalm: First you say Cassandra and Sophitia always suck and now this? Also, Reverse Punch or a Falcon Punch is hard to land.

It was slower and weaker in Melee.

That doesn't mean he's better in Brawl. The knee is what makes him epic in Melee and it got water downed in Brawl.

His other moves were improved, though...

And Sophitia and Cassandra DO suck. It's, like, a requirement for those two.

Captain Falcon can't do any real damage, most of his moves are unsafe (including recovery options), and has very poor priority on many of his moves.

Melee Captain Falcon is better because he exists in Melee, therefore greatly benefits from all of the combos and advanced techniques that make him go from 'meh' to awesome.

And anybody that argues Falcon Punch is a moron.

So I was playing the original Smash Bros the other day. My god, Captain Falcon was epic in that game.

*Looks at Brawl*.

...What have they done!?!

He sucked worse in Melee.

:facepalm: First you say Cassandra and Sophitia always suck and now this? Also, Reverse Punch or a Falcon Punch is hard to land.

It was slower and weaker in Melee.

That doesn't mean he's better in Brawl. The knee is what makes him epic in Melee and it got water downed in Brawl.

Not in Soul Calibur III. Not sure about IV.

Also, Reverse Punch or a Falcon Punch is hard to land.

If you can predict, it can work. I've landed weird combos with GANON PAWNCH of all things. Srs could probably tell more since he was a victim of it a few times.

lolmarth3stock'dbyganondorf

Zeal in one hand, Fanaticism in the other, kicking ass for the Lord.

And then you have other combos like Blessed Hammer + Concentration, FoH/Vengeance + Conviction, Smite + Fanaticism, Holy Shock + Zeal/Charge...

Edited by Isabella Valentine

If you can predict... I've landed weird combos with GANON PAWNCH of all things. Srs could probably tell more since he was a victim of it a few times.

You will NEVER land a Falcon/Ganon Punch by predicting. Only people that don't expect it or are absolute morons get hit by it, and then once they learn quickly, you'll never land such crap ever again.

Why do people make this argument? It does not work this way.

Edited by Alucart

olol.

Last I checked, Cass and Soph were regarded as two of the most ridiculous characters. =\

Not that I give a damn about either of them.

You will NEVER land a Falcon/Ganon Punch by predicting. Only people that don't expect it or are absolute morons get hit by it, and then once they learn quickly, you'll never land such crap ever again.

Why do people make this argument? It does not work this way.

You'd be surprised. I've seen Pikachus and Luigis recovering straight into my punches.

Edited by Isabella Valentine

You'd be surprised. I've seen Pikachus and Luigis recovering straight into my punches.
Yes, I would be surprised if you would land on players that aren't your random FE4 Thread dudes or random dudes you find online.

Don't even think that the move will land just because of Murphy's Law. It won't. The moves are simply too unreliable to use in a serious environment, which character strengths and weaknesses are judged.

Yes, I would be surprised if you would land on players that aren't your random FE4 Thread dudes or random dudes you find online.

Don't even think that the move will land just because of Murphy's Law. It won't. The moves are simply too unreliable to use in a serious environment, which character strengths and weaknesses are judged.

Yes, because everyone plays that game srsly like a pro.

Yes, because everyone plays that game srsly like a pro.

Not everybody plays like a pro, but when it comes to discussing whether a character sucks or a move sucks, it has to be discussed on a pro level.

Hitting idiots with a Falcon Punch, a good move does not make.

Edited by Alucart

Not everybody plays like a pro, but when it comes to discussing whether a character sucks or a move sucks, it has to be discussed on a pro level.

Hitting idiots with a Falcon Punch, a good move does not make.

Couldn't care less.

I don't think I said it was good. I just said it could work, and even then that's extremely occasionnal and extremely fun.

If he didn't want me to give him a reality check, then he wouldn't have responded to me.

And there is no debate, there is no possible evidence to defend the Falcon Punch other than the opponent's carelessness as a variable.

Your reality is clearly different from his reality.