FE4 THREAD

Fia

EVs actually add quite a bit of depth to Pokemon

The EVs in and of themselves could do this in theory but the inane way in which they are added and in which they are not user-visible at all means that they do not in fact do anything of the sort.

Well, there's no way to put anything I want to say kindly thanks to this brilliant post.

Let's just say that you vastly underestimate Pokemon players.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

The EVs in and of themselves could do this in theory but the inane way in which they are added and in which they are not user-visible at all means that they do not in fact do anything of the sort.

Well, there's no way to put anything I want to say kindly thanks to this brilliant post.

Is it that I underestimate Pokémon players or that I discount Pokémon players with access to information they shouldn't have and too much time on their hands

some things may never be answered

Personally I wish the EVs, IVs and all that nonsense were gone, I wanted to get a good team to use for online but that would've taken quite a while to get the team ready so fuck it >_>.

Shoddy Battle and Netbattle are the places to go good sir.

Is it that I underestimate Pokémon players or that I discount Pokémon players with access to information they shouldn't have and too much time on their hands

Okay, now you're literally bashing types of players.

I can troll you all day because of the attitude you have. Stop trying to be an elitist. We're in the information age now, what is considered finding information on the internet is the same as sharing game secrets by word of mouth.

Personally I wish the EVs, IVs and all that nonsense were gone, I wanted to get a good team to use for online but that would've taken quite a while to get the team ready so fuck it >_>.

Shoddy Battle and Netbattle are the places to go good sir.

Tried them. Just made me wish I could do it in the real game without all that effort that's necessary.

Preferred YGO TCG online methods of play over netbattle and such >_>.

Cry little man. Cry like the masochist Julius you are.

3-4ani-tommy.gif

Just kidding!

3-4ani-tommy-laughs.gif

*Shoots*

Edited by ?!

Anyway, I disagree with EVs needing to go. While it's work to build them up, it's only around a 20 minute investment once you get everything useful for making EV growth higher, while IVs do nothing but limit a player and there is no way to fix them.

20 minutes per Pokemon versus HOURS UPON HOURS of breeding for one Pokemon. Get the IVs you need? Congrats, do it for your other five Pokemon now.

Edited by Alucart

Okay, now you're literally bashing types of players.

I can troll you all day because of the attitude you have. Stop trying to be an elitist. We're in the information age now, what is considered finding information on the internet is the same as sharing game secrets by word of mouth.

I do not in fact see my post as bashing anyone.

You can only troll me with non-sequiturs. I don't see how wanting the EV system to have more transparency instead of remaining something only privileged people have access to makes me the elitist one around here, and as for 'game secrets', none of the information in question is provided in-game.

Edited by T.W.I.L.K.I.T.R.I.

I do not in fact see my post as bashing anyone.

"or that I discount Pokémon players with access to information they shouldn't have and too much time on their hands"

You're going to say that isn't an insult, but it is.

I don't see how wanting the EV system to have more transparency instead of remaining something only privileged people have access to makes me the elitist one around here, and as for 'game secrets', none of the information question is provided in-game.
Here's the thing.

90% of players are priviledged. The other 10% don't care.

It is much like the villain on Incredibles said, "If everyone is special, then NOBODY is!"

There isn't a problem here.

But that's okay, you're a priviledged user too so you have all the access to information you need.

No you're not.

:[

Well...trying to prove that BL is a trap is indeed a hilarious idea.

If you think that's what I'm doing, you are sadly mistaken.

@Ninji that was kinda funny well to me..

That wasn't supposed to be a serious statement.