• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not in fact see my post as bashing anyone.

"or that I discount Pokémon players with access to information they shouldn't have and too much time on their hands"

You're going to say that isn't an insult, but it is.

I'm going to say that that isn't an insult. I cannot think of any way that the former quality can be taken to be insulting, so I'm assuming you take issue with the latter. As far as I remember things you have on the order of 250 EV point slots to fill and you get one per battle; that is not a short amount of time, especially under the assumption that they are going to have to work on six units.

Now you came in later and said that a single unit could be finished in 20 minutes, which means something is different from the way I remember it.

I don't see how wanting the EV system to have more transparency instead of remaining something only privileged people have access to makes me the elitist one around here, and as for 'game secrets', none of the information question is provided in-game.
Here's the thing.

90% of players are priviledged. The other 10% don't care.

I disbelieve that 90% of players know about EVs.

It is much like the villain on Incredibles said, "If everyone is special, then NOBODY is!"

what the HECK is this supposed to be referring to

There isn't a problem here.

But that's okay, you're a priviledged user too so you have all the access to information you need.

Because broken systems should never be fixed as long as we can work around them.

Edited by T.W.I.L.K.I.T.R.I.

A third generation for the third RF game. ;D

/shot

But it'd make sense ya know?

First game had you play as one generation.

Second game let you play two generations (Kyle and his kid)

So maybe the third will let you play as Mais, Mais's kid, and his grandkid!?!? :DD

/smacked

pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

You haven't posted a thing. There was nothing to respond to. : O

Oh.. really...

Did you say something?

...I did...? It's all so hazy.. I can't seem to remember..:/

like something's eluding me...

Go back to being ignored.

...teacher?

Oh wait. he already did this amnesia thing...

fuck. :facepalm:

As far as I remember things you have on the order of 250 EV point slots to fill and you get one per battle; that is not a short amount of time, especially under the assumption that they are going to have to work on six units.

Now you came in later and said that a single unit could be finished in 20 minutes, which means something is different from the way I remember it.

There were several variables that affect the gain of EV points to a stat:

- Type of Pokemon you kill. This ranges from 1-3

- Item multiplier. The EVs you gain from killing a wild Pokemon are multiplied based on if you equip a Macho Brace or any item that increases the EV gain of a particular stat (which are better than Macho Brace. 4x gain I believe).

- Pokerus. If you have this, then the gain is multiplied once more, allowing you up to 8x IIRC. You can easily get Pokerus thanks to WiFi.

Because broken systems should never be fixed as long as we can work around them.
The EV system isn't broken. You only claim so because you are trying to protect little kids that would get beat down in battle regardless and don't have any reason to care about EVs.

The EV system is actually quite brilliant down to very precise and specific Pokemon setups needed to counter other Pokemon or do certain things. I actually prefer that EVs are hidden away since only those that are really serious about competitive battling have any reason to use it, and that leaves everyone to enjoy the game without having to worry about them. It's what I really like about Pokemon, it's a friendly simple game on the surface, but the underlying details are incredible.

I cannot think of any way that the former quality can be taken to be insulting, so I'm assuming you take issue with the latter.
Of course. You are saying that gamers having a hobby that's competitive and requires time spent is a bad thing. It's pretty much saying, "Hey. They used EFFORT! That's not fair to me who didn't do crap!" Edited by Alucart

A third generation for the third RF game. ;D

/shot

But it'd make sense ya know?

First game had you play as one generation.

Second game let you play two generations (Kyle and his kid)

So maybe the third will let you play as Mais, Mais's kid, and his grandkid!?!? :DD

/smacked

pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

Imagine RF4. O_o

Question. Do you have an UnoT account?

Imagine RF4. O_o

*nosebleed*

And they pretty much confirmed a girl's version of RF too...<333

Yep. Don't get around to using it much, but the word filter is hilarious sometimes I just need to log in to really under stand.

Q. 今作は、結婚してから子供は産まれるのですか?「2」と『フロンティア』では子供が産まれていましたけれど、それに続いてこれも子供は出てくるのでしょうか。次の子供へ変身ベルトが受け継ぐみたいな機能もあるといいと思います。

(山本康太さん/11歳 男性)

A. 子供が産まれます。また、「2」はプレイヤーを次の世代へというシステムにしましたが、今回の「3」はそのままやりこむという形にしていますので、そのままマイスくんで子供たちをかまってあげて下さい。

(はしもと)

2週目や3週目といった、周回プレイはできますか?

(たにまるさん/19歳 男性)

A. 結婚して子供が出来た後もずっと出来るゲームなので、周回という考え方はありません。子供が出来た後もずっとプレイ出来る要素はあります。何周とかではなく、ずっとゆっくりやって貰うというのがオススメです。ヒロイン分プレイする...などの考え方もあるかも知れませんが。

(はしもと)

betruebetruebetrue

Imagine RF4. O_o

*nosebleed*

And they pretty much confirmed a girl's version of RF too...<333

Yep. Don't get around to using it much, but the word filter is hilarious sometimes I just need to log in to really under stand.

O_o

: O

Holy <<Cow poopoo>>!