• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

You damn kids are making me want to play Rune Factory. Stop it.

Ys Oath in Felghana.

YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF

YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF YsF

At least try it before RF >_>

Ys Oath in Felghana.

It didn't even make me unzip my files.

DIABLO!

Speaking of Diablo, I tried Eastern Sun or whatever it's called today.

Batman: Arkham Asylum heals wounds.

Ys Oath in Felghana.

I'll keep these in mind.

Night Roxas.

O_o

: O

Holy <<Cow poopoo>>!

RF4... I haven't even though about it, but there has to be another game because of the four dragon gods.

I mean how <<lame turnip>> is it when somethings pop up and instead get filtered like that? <<Harvest Goddess>>!

@Musahi

Edited by Chalis

Because broken systems should never be fixed as long as we can work around them.
The EV system isn't broken. You only claim so because you are trying to protect little kids that would get beat down in battle regardless and don't have any reason to care about EVs.

Let me just say that I do not care a whit for competitive Pokémon due partially to not having simple access to it outside of the simulated versions but mostly to not caring for competitive play of things in general.

The EV system is actually quite brilliant down to very precise and specific Pokemon setups needed to counter other Pokemon or do certain things. I actually prefer that EVs are hidden away since only those that are really serious about competitive battling have any reason to use it, and that leaves everyone to enjoy the game without having to worry about them. It's what I really like about Pokemon, it's a friendly simple game on the surface, but the underlying details are incredible.

I think the only response necessary to this is that I love that you were accusing me of elitism before.

I cannot think of any way that the former quality can be taken to be insulting, so I'm assuming you take issue with the latter.
Of course. You are saying that gamers having a hobby that's competitive and requires time spent is a bad thing. It's pretty much saying, "Hey. They used EFFORT! That's not fair to me who didn't do crap!"

You look at everything through competitive glasses for some misguided reason. You also rearranged this quote so that it was separated from the explanation of the other half of it by a different topic. That's not very sportsmanlike, although probably the competitive thing to do.

For reference, EV grinding isn't 'effort', it's make-work.

I AM A SLOW RESPONDER

Edited by T.W.I.L.K.I.T.R.I.

Night Roxas.

O_o

: O

Holy <<Cow poopoo>>!

RF4... I haven't even though about it, but there has to be another game because of the four dragon gods.

I mean how <<lame turnip>> is it when somethings pop up and instead get filtered like that? <<Harvest Goddess>>!

First fire, then earth, now wind... Next is water?

<<snuggly bunny>>! It's awful, isn't it?

Edited by Lux Aeterna

To be fair, the person playing RFF had a very high forging level and made a lot of trinkets to aid in that boss fight.

Earth goes first actually. 8D

So we can expect a blue haired Earthmate next. Possibly female at that.

Earth goes first actually. 8D

So we can expect a blue haired Earthmate next. Possibly female at that.

Whoops, screwed up there.

Earthmate!? <<Harvest Goddess>>, Chalis, can you spoiler tag that next time?! Remember where I am! D:<

GRAAAAAA!!

Allow me to interrupt this lil' talk to rant.

People, have the decency to clean your houses before I get there.

Taco bell, you call this a half-pounder? LIES. LIES!

Finally, maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to save these ten dollars, all I have to my name.

Hello.

Earthmate!? <<Harvest Goddess>>, Chalis, can you spoiler tag that next time?! Remember where I am! D:<

You're at Mt. Gigant and you haven't figured it out already?! D:< What the <<snuggly bunny>>, Lux, what the <<snuggly bunny>>!

You're at Mt. Gigant and you haven't figured it out already?! D:< What the <<snuggly bunny>>, Lux, what the <<snuggly bunny>>!

<<Lame turnip>>, now that you say it, it does seem kind of obvious. I mean, Mist did mention something about me being an Earthmate... D: But please keep that in a spoiler tag next time. ^^;

Let me just say that I do not care a whit for competitive Pokémon due partially to not having simple access to it outside of the simulated versions but mostly to not caring for competitive play of things in general.
Then you would have never had spoken. Common sense would have stopped you and said, "HEY! Why do you care? Leave these people to their devices."
I think the only response necessary to this is that I love that you were accusing me of elitism before.
That's because it's blatantly obvious that you are. I'm praising Pokemon for successfully being fun for every crowd, both hardcore. You're slamming its more in-depth aspects that don't hinder a casual player's enjoyment.
For reference, EV grinding isn't 'effort', it's make-work.
It's more effort than not even trying to have a winning setup. It's also about what EV spread you have (not just pouring +63 into a stat, there are EV spreads designed solely for specific strategies, movesets, and even versus other Pokemon in the metagame). Edited by Alucart

[media]

[media]

Miraculously enough, I actually watched the whole thing. Ok, so I just listened to it as I watched a movie on TV.

Awesome. If you need any starting items, I suppose I could give some to you.

This also applies to Marthur is he sees this.

I can't think of anything I need right now, but I'll keep that in mind.