• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done editing. ._.

Inb4 "pics or it didn't happen"

I just noticed. Posts are so easy to overlook in here sometimes. ;_;

lol.

Most Europeans, such as Amerigo Vespucci, the Virginia Company of London, the Talon family traveling with Robert de LaSalle, and de Soto’s crew and secretary viewed the natives as a savage tribe. They saw them as people who lack social refinement. Their accomplishments and hospitalities were completely ignored, replaced by concern for their persistent belligerence. As the Virginia Company of London states, “For they are a rude, barbarous, and naked people, scattered in small villages.” (Document 4). The Virginia Company believes that civilizing these barbarians will get them nowhere, and will only waste time and money. From their point of view, victory by conquest over them will yield the best results. “Civilizing them is slow and will take much more effort. Victory over them may be gained many ways…” (Document 4). Even though Vespucci sees the natives as a simple, calm people, “They were without any apparent desire to plunder, and without any lust for power.” (Document 1). He is offset by the fact that they started wars only to “avenge the murder of their ancestors.” (Document 1). Robert de LaSalle and the Talon family that traveled with him recount a story of an Italian man that lived with the natives. Entwined within the story, a string of similar description of savages remains. From the Talons’ point of view “He beat them with a trick, which marks his intelligence over the savages.” (Document 5) It demonstrates negative views toward the natives by illustrating their ignorance for advances in technology of that time. Even with something as simple as a pocket mirror, the European finds a was to trick and find droll in outwitting these “savages”. Hernando de Soto was either serene, or brutal. De Soto’s first encounter with the Native Americans was relatively peaceful. They mutually accepted each other, chief and governor alike. However, the encounter with the next village was far more violent than the first. “Later the Spaniards continued on their journey to another village where they rounded up the Indians and put them in iron collars and chains.” (Document 2). The natives were denied of all rights and were kept as slaves and prisoners. These attitudes toward the natives parallel the actions taken by Francisco Vásquez de Coronado in 1540. After a Spaniard on Coronado’s crew raped a native woman, Coronado refused to punish him, disagreeing with the native chiefs. In retaliation, some natives stole a few horses from the Spanish. As a result, a total of 200 natives were burned at the stake. For the robbery of only some horses, Coronado forever denounced the natives as devilish people. He justified his actions by saying that he had only brought harm to worthless people.

You have to admit. That's a fucking sexy first body paragraph. :3

Edited by Roxas

She's fucking Roy.

You mean :whore: .

And :whore: is on a completely different level here... :whore: likes ghosts too.

WHERE IS MY :saint:

This is a Ditto. Right now it's in the form of my post.

I in the meantime am dead. Thank you for using FE4 THREAD.

Come again soon~

If only we had complementary peanuts.

Boredom made me looked for Seed doujin.

Proceed if you want to see.

034.jpg

What!? No Cagalli, Lacus, Murre, Natarle, Shiho, Miriallia, OR Fllay? WTF!?

Yaoi.

:3 I was curious~? :wub:

83 I see~ :wub:

83 :wub:

Not really~

;_;

<:3

I MUST COUNTER WITH SOME YURI!

TOmorrow.

lol.

Most Europeans, such as Amerigo Vespucci, the Virginia Company of London, the Talon family traveling with Robert de LaSalle, and de Soto’s crew and secretary viewed the natives as a savage tribe. They saw them as people who lack social refinement. Their accomplishments and hospitalities were completely ignored, replaced by concern for their persistent belligerence. As the Virginia Company of London states, “For they are a rude, barbarous, and naked people, scattered in small villages.” (Document 4). The Virginia Company believes that civilizing these barbarians will get them nowhere, and will only waste time and money. From their point of view, victory by conquest over them will yield the best results. “Civilizing them is slow and will take much more effort. Victory over them may be gained many ways…” (Document 4). Even though Vespucci sees the natives as a simple, calm people, “They were without any apparent desire to plunder, and without any lust for power.” (Document 1). He is offset by the fact that they started wars only to “avenge the murder of their ancestors.” (Document 1). Robert de LaSalle and the Talon family that traveled with him recount a story of an Italian man that lived with the natives. Entwined within the story, a string of similar description of savages remains. From the Talons’ point of view “He beat them with a trick, which marks his intelligence over the savages.” (Document 5) It demonstrates negative views toward the natives by illustrating their ignorance for advances in technology of that time. Even with something as simple as a pocket mirror, the European finds a was to trick and find droll in outwitting these “savages”. Hernando de Soto was either serene, or brutal. De Soto’s first encounter with the Native Americans was relatively peaceful. They mutually accepted each other, chief and governor alike. However, the encounter with the next village was far more violent than the first. “Later the Spaniards continued on their journey to another village where they rounded up the Indians and put them in iron collars and chains.” (Document 2). The natives were denied of all rights and were kept as slaves and prisoners. These attitudes toward the natives parallel the actions taken by Francisco Vásquez de Coronado in 1540. After a Spaniard on Coronado’s crew raped a native woman, Coronado refused to punish him, disagreeing with the native chiefs. In retaliation, some natives stole a few horses from the Spanish. As a result, a total of 200 natives were burned at the stake. For the robbery of only some horses, Coronado forever denounced the natives as devilish people. He justified his actions by saying that he had only brought harm to worthless people.

tl;dr

lol.

tl;dr

SAW THAT COMING.

I will be your prince, then. Is that okay? =o

That's fine.

I will be gentle~

She's fucking Roy.

You mean :whore: .

And :whore: is on a completely different level here... :whore: likes ghosts too.

WHERE IS MY :saint:

THE FUCKING :saint: IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE.

:whore: and :papasaint: is going to be interesting to say the least.

WHO ARE YOU THEN

AND DAMN :saint: IS CHEATING ON ME

Threesome with :papawhore: too.

833 :wub:

8333 :wub:

Why Fiaaaaa ;____;

Why whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I can't beat hard route on SNES Star Fox on the hard route. (Framerate for Star Fox on the emulator is faster than if played on the console right?)

Redundant statement much?

It's tough. Very. (Slightly, I believe.)

Go for it.

*fires up N64*

ルーンファクトリー3

Excuse me while I fangasm and frantically look around for the ROM dump.

You know, I'm pretty sure I know what this says based solely on your reaction... I think that's a good sign that I've been spending too much time here. ;__;

I MUST COUNTER WITH SOME YURI!

TOmorrow.

Yuri and yaoi are essentially the same thing.

Only if you're bi.

The key difference that makes them different enough to matter is the gender of the participants. And the fans of both medium.

833 :wub:

Why Fiaaaaa ;____;

Yup. Not engrossed in Pilot at all. :3

I have the others, Roxas, like you~ :wub:

ルーンファクトリー3

You know, I'm pretty sure I know what this says based solely on your reaction... I think that's a good sign that I've been spending too much time here. ;__;

Rune Factory 3

*patpat*

ルーンファクトリー3

I'd say that Chalis has just made that quite apparent...

Yup. Not engrossed in Pilot at all. :3

Don't Try it. You'll see she isn't.

...:sweatdrop:

I have the others, Roxas, like you~ :wub:

I know that much.

I'm just saying that you said you "weren't really" engro--

ah fuck it. <_<

I will be gentle~

Thank you~

You are welcome~

83333 :wub:

833333 :wub:

Why are you this waaaay

I'm alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays like this

Only if you're bi.

The key difference that makes them different enough to matter is the gender of the participants. And the fans of both medium.

Yuri = homosexual relations between women.

Yaoi = homosexual relations between men.

These things are the same from an unbiased point of view.