FE4 THREAD

Fia

I hate FE9 and 10's support system more, but that's just me.

FE9's was an improvement but it still had the stupid requisite of fielding the same 2 blasted units for several chapters just to get them.

FE10's was an even better improvement. Same requisite as FE9's but anyone could support with anybody.

I'm of the opinion that FE5's support system is best. With 10 as a close second.

Edited by Vergil

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

FE9's was an improvement but it still had the stupid requisite of fielding the same 2 blasted units for several chapters just to get them.

That's what I hate. You can't just let them stand together. Chapters have to pass.

FE10's was an even better improvement. Same requisite as FE9's but anyone could support with anybody.

I'm including the terrible lack of support conversations. The new characters had little depth.

And yeah I also hated being able to support with only one person.

I'm of the opinion that FE5's support system is best. With 10 as a close second.

7/8 for me.

You disappoint me. Having to place units adjacent to each other just to get some support bonus is fucking stupid.

Support conversations though, 7/8 win it.

Saying that is like saying people becoming friendly through talking to each other is stupid.

You disappoint me. Having to place units adjacent to each other just to get some support bonus is fucking stupid.

Saying that is like saying people becoming friendly through talking to each other is stupid.

:facepalm:

Is that the best rebuttal you've got? No reasoning at all?

Units being adjacent = units closer to each other = units stimulating conversation.

In FE9, units could be a thousand kilometers away from each other but still in the same chapter. They'd be able to support anyway.

A conversation in a battle may sound foolish, but it's not like you have to be some mindless retard.

Edited by Seph

As far as in-chapter support conversations go, 4's and 10's make the most sense.

Seisen's because of the game's scale. Each chapter takes weeks to complete, so the characters just talk when resting/travelling.

And Akatsuki's because you don't really have time to chat during a chaotic battle.

:facepalm:

Is that the best rebuttal you've got? No reasoning at all?

Units being adjacent = units closer to each other = units stimulating conversation.

In FE9, units could be a thousand kilometers away from each other but still in the same chapter. They'd be able to support anyway.

A conversation in a battle may sound foolish, but it's not like you have to be some mindless retard.

I'm aware that the blasted concept makes sense. When I say that GBA FE support system sucks, I'm talking about the bonuses and the requisite to earn them, not its concept or the conversation.

FE5: There from the start, Adds Hit, Avo, Crit, Crit evade all of which can actually be useful. If say... you're using Robert, when you field Selphina in C13, she's not only getting you the Brave Bow but she's also useful in providing Robert 30% crit which he needs around this time due to his underleveled start. Then there's Karin's support for Felgus basically giving you a second Wrath user for the Manster chapters and Linoan's support to Dean making him more effective indoors as well as his Dragon Lance (Rewarp Linoan near a boss, have Dean attack/capture with his +60% critical from Linoan)

FE7: Yeah... you already know. You have to not only field the same character in several chapters, you also have to position them adjacent just get the blasted support started essentially making you create teams of support triangles or waiting to make it happen if you wanna put supports to good use. Then there's the fact that some bonuses are just worthless... Lolhit for Lyn.

Edited by Vergil

You have to not only field the same character in several chapters, you also have to position them adjacent just get the blasted support started essentially making you create teams of support triangles or waiting to make it happen if you wanna put supports to good use.

I'm aware of how much of a detriment it can be. In a way, it's the same as fatigue. It's logical, but it's a detriment. I prefer anything that's more logical.

That's why I don't like FE9's. You can be kilometers away and still gain points, like what?

Then there's the fact that some bonuses are just worthless... Lolhit for Lyn.

I can't argue with that, and I'm not concerned with it right now anyway.

Edited by Seph

I'm aware of how much of a detriment it can be. In a way, it's the same as fatigue. It's logical, but it's a detriment. I prefer anything that's more logical.

That's why I don't like FE9's. You can be kilometers away and still gain points, like what?

To be fair though, the support conversations happen while at camp/base/resting and some of them involve people that already know each other (Haar/Jill for example).

To be fair though, the support conversations happen while at camp/base/resting and some of them involve people that already know each other (Haar/Jill for example).

I wish it was like that for the GBA support system, but oh well.

I hope they bring fatigue back.

Edited by Seph

Personally, I believe FE9's the best system.

But of course, the actual support combinations are quite lacking.

BOY, I SURE LOVE ALLEN GETTING CRITICAL'D, DIECK AND GONZALES MISSING 4 TIMES WITH 80+ CHANCES TO HIT, AND ROY DYING BY A SILVER LANCE WITH 50 OR LESS HIT.

It's what you get for playing FE6 instead of T&T.

Swordmasters kind of suck here. The only one I like is Roddlevan because of lolSenkouken.

Hell, I benched Lakche. =[

...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Mage Lord Skasha (especially Levin's son) is superior and Shanan fills all the need for sword users.

You can always use more than one sword user...

Swordmasters kind of suck here. The only one I like is Roddlevan because of lolSenkouken.

Mage Lord Skasha (especially Levin's son) is superior and Shanan fills all the need for sword users.

Ignore Fia. She benched Lakche because she preferred to give the good A rank sword (Answerer) to Leen.

Also, who would give swords to Mage Lord Skasaher? >_>

When you have Senkouken!Balmunk you don't even need Mistolteen.

When you have Senkouken!Balmunk you don't even need Mistolteen.

Actually, Mistoltin's issue is its range.

Ignore Fia. She benched Lakche because she preferred to give the good A rank sword (Answerer) to Leen.

Also, who would give swords to Mage Lord Skasaher? >_>

Hey, personal satisfaction. I did give Lakche Klau Solas, but I still benched her in the end. =[

And I don't give any sword to Skasha.

Edited by Fia