• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Use Poser as a base. Even the professional artists do it.

Hiroya Oku, I'm looking at you...

...I don't use poses or bases...

Nonono, Poser is a program that generates a properly proportioned 3D rendering of a human body that can be manipulated. Some artists and mangaka, like Oku, take these models and manipulate them into the proper dimensions for whoever they're drawing, and then hand-draw the character over the model.

I just hand draw it and hope it looks right.... :mellow:

http://i34.tinypic.com/rmla2v.jpg

Belinda.

It figures the one I half-ass is the best looking one. ;;

It looks decent....

Though you are right, proportions, proportions..... -_-

Other than the OMGWTF hand, it looks pretty good to me...

As you can see, I stopped caring about the hands and legs and made her super deformed.

In fact, you can tell that with her face. Belinda's all ":D"

This works for me the most. XD

And if a screwed it up I just look at the correct proportions from a human body. XD

That's why I hate distortions, I always have to get it precise.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

It technically does for Oku, too. But Poser DOES make a HUGE difference. For example, compare this with this.

Wow big difference. O.O

That second one isn't even one of the better panels in GantZ. Poser is some pretty awesome software.

This works for me the most. xD

It technically does for Oku, too. But Poser DOES make a HUGE difference. For example, compare this with this.

They both look creepy as hell. Its the nose.

Oku tries to make his characters look more realistic, so you'll get awkward noses every once in a while... Actually, Oku LOVES these kinds of noses, so it's more like you'll get them a lot.

Better face pic: Ta-dah!

Wow big difference. O.O

That second one isn't even one of the better panels in GantZ. Poser is some pretty awesome software.

That's because some parts were horribly disfigured. :/

Oku tries to make his characters look more realistic, so you'll get awkward noses every once in a while... Actually, Oku LOVES these kinds of noses, so it's more like you'll get them a lot.

I still prefer the more traditional art. Realism is nice and all but there's something to be said about simplicity.

Small mouth... If it were me I would keep erasing and re-doing until I got the proportions right... ;;

TOO MUCH HOMEWORK

(>'.')> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did you finish all of it?

I still have to study for Biology and write my essay on Twelfth Night.

:facepalm:

I should probably get off...

Edited by Roxas

I still prefer the more traditional art. Realism is nice and all but there's something to be said about simplicity.

Small mouth... If it were me I would keep erasing and re-doing until I got the proportions right... ;;

What you're thinking of is less detailed, more stylish art. Knowledge of proportions is always important, whether you're intentionally distorting them or not.

Wow big difference. O.O

That's because some parts were horribly disfigured. :/

First page of the first chapter. Not TOO bad, considering GantZ is Oku's second work using Poser, and the first got canned after volume 4.

Excuse me while I find one of the better ones that don't display nips. God damnit, Oku, your work is unpostable on forums...

Edited by Deathstroke