Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS A MACHAMP?

2aeqic6.png

The aim of the look of Pokemon back then was to be cute. Probably the reason they chose the name Pokemon, when translated means "Pocket Monsters."

9k87j8.png2ntw66o.png

=o

Edited by Roxas

I'm gonna start off splicing things together.

Then touch up some things.:newyears:

What do you mean by style?

astra3.gif

Here's my first one.

Sucks though. :/

His ear stands out the most for now because the bright colors keep me from seeing the rest of his face ;;

Let's not forget this thing.

20r0n47.jpg

Then touch up some things.:newyears:

astra3.gif

Here's my first one.

Sucks though. :/

His ear stands out the most for now because the bright colors keep me from seeing the rest of his face ;;

Fixed his ear.:P

astra3.gif

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Time to make a sprite.NewYearsEmoticon.gif

You're spriting? What style?

Then touch up some things.NewYearsEmoticon.gif

astra3.gif

Here's my first one.

Sucks though. emo13.gif

For your first splice, that's fairly impressive. I spy... Innes and Orson, right?

I'll start by pointing a few things out... That lance. Yeah, it looks pretty cool, and has potential, but it looks a little... Phony. And NEVER make an GBA FE sprite cut off. Shrink it down.

The face. For starters, those are not exactly normal skin colors, and the way you shaded kinda looks like you just stuck pixels all over the place. And that lower right thing, unless it's some kind of scar (which still looks a bit... odd) shouldn't be there. Last, you did something pretty much EVER new spriter falls prey to: Pillow shading. You do not not not not not not NOT! want to be told your sprite is pillow shaded. In other words, you used the same shading for every part of the hair. The shading is also off, but you can deal with that later.

For now, the last thing I'll mention is upon close observance, the gap between the clothes doesn't look like a turtleneck, it looks like darkness.

Sorry if I sounded harsh. ^^; Don't get me wrong, you did way better than I did for my first sprite. TRUST me. XD.gif

And by style, I meant the way you sprited: FE, Pokemon, RF, etc.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS A MACHAMP?

2aeqic6.png

The aim of the look of Pokemon back then was to be cute. Probably the reason they chose the name Pokemon, when translated means "Pocket Monsters."

This thing is supposed to be cute?

Sometimes they make them cute in---

9k87j8.png2ntw66o.png

=o

-- Demented ways. >_>

Edited by Lux Aeterna

Someone was on crack when Lickitung was designed...

Jinx.

Jinx is actually a horrble stereotype character. The original Jinx was supposed to look like a "black woman" (Read: An ugly woman in blackface), and when she was brought to America, her "black" skin became purple to avoid racism suits.

Time to make a sprite.NewYearsEmoticon.gif

You're spriting? What style?

Then touch up some things.NewYearsEmoticon.gif

astra3.gif

Here's my first one.

Sucks though. emo13.gif

For your first splice, that's fairly impressive. I spy... Innes and Orson, right?

I'll start by pointing a few things out... That lance. Yeah, it looks pretty cool, and has potential, but it looks a little... Phony. And NEVER make an GBA FE sprite cut off. Shrink it down.

The face. For starters, those are not exactly normal skin colors, and the way you shaded kinda looks like you just stuck pixels all over the place. And that lower right thing, unless it's some kind of scar (which still looks a bit... odd) shouldn't be there. Last, you did something pretty much EVER new spriter falls prey to: Pillow shading. You do not not not not not not NOT! want to be told your sprite is pillow shaded. In other words, you used the same shading for every part of the hair. The shading is also off, but you can deal with that later.

For now, the last thing I'll mention is upon close observance, the gap between the clothes doesn't look like a turtleneck, it looks like darkness.

Sorry if I sounded harsh. ^^; Don't get me wrong, you did way better than I did for my first sprite. TRUST me. XD.gif" />

Don't worry I take criticism pretty well. XD

I'll fix some stuff up.

FE spriting first.

I knew something was wrong with it. XD

Yes I used Orson and Innes.

Jinx.

Jinx is actually a horrble stereotype character. The original Jinx was supposed to look like a "black woman" (Read: An ugly woman in blackface), and when she was brought to America, her "black" skin became purple to avoid racism suits.

More or less what I just said, but with more detail. =P

Jinx.

More or less what I just said, but with more detail. =P

Yeah. There's an entire stub on it on the TV Tropes Unfortunate Implications page...

Right now I'm studying the color styles. : D

Jinx was actually using pop culture reference to the ganguro style that had some popularity at the time. People read too much into it and got all BAAAAAW and so we could never play with the idea that Jinx had no physical body due to Stadium since her 'skin' was changed to purple.

More soup.

And candy.

It's funny you should mention soup, since I just made myself some.

The Joy of Shakespeare~ [/sarcasm]

seriously. Wtf. this worksheet is impossible :blink:

Kids. :rolleyes:

The Joy of Shakespeare~ [/sarcasm]

seriously. Wtf. this worksheet is impossible :blink:

Kids. :rolleyes:

It makes no sense. >_<

I'm going to take a break.