FE4 THREAD

Fia

In that case: it's all about the RNG.

First, logic dictates that Sety would have the first attack, as he's wielding a ranged weapon. It's like fighting a gun with a sword; you may dodge the bullet, but you won't really be able to stop it from being fired.

Now, both characters have high avoid, but due to Ryuuseiken/Shooting Star Sword/Astra and higher speed, Shanan will have more chances of hitting Sety. However, Shanan will still have to hit Sety twice to kill him, while Sety can OHKO Shanan if he scores a critical hit.

They can kill each other. There is no clear victor.

That's stupid, man.

Shanan, your rebuttal?

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

First, logic dictates that Sety would have the first attack, as he's wielding a ranged weapon. It's like fighting a gun with a sword; you may dodge the bullet, but you won't really be able to stop it from being fired.

In FE, it doesn't work like that. Ever watched goldiex39 videos? Even with ranged, the faster ones go first. It's not that simple in FE and magic doesn't work from that far away.

Now, both characters have high avoid, but due to Ryuuseiken/Shooting Star Sword/Astra and higher speed, Shanan will have more chances of hitting Sety. However, Shanan will still have to hit Sety twice to kill him, while Sety can OHKO Shanan if he scores a critical hit.

CHs miss.

Sorry, you posted too fast. Shanan is getting 80 HP from two events.

Does 2 luck matter?

Still not enough. It's exactly like starting an Arden debate considering that he'll cap speed.

Still not enough. It's exactly like starting an Arden debate considering that he'll cap speed.

We're not considering one character will cap speed. I'm making it fair by saying EVERY character will cap. EVERY. Not just one.

Even with averages, Shanan is still more accurate than Sety.

In FE, it doesn't work like that. Ever watched goldiex39 videos? Even with ranged, the faster ones go first. It's not that simple in FE and magic doesn't work from that far away.

CHs miss.

Unless there's Ambush/Vantage involved, the one initiating the attack is the one attacking first. It makes complete sense that, if one unit has 1 range and the other has 1-2 range, the 1-2 one will attack first.

CHs miss.

Balmung misses too.

We're not considering one character will cap speed. I'm making it fair by saying EVERY character will cap. EVERY. Not just one.

Even with averages, Shanan is still more accurate than Sety.

How in hell is that "fair"? A character with 20% luck growth will have low luck. Disregard that, and you're playing another game.

Edited by Finn

Unless there's Ambush/Vantage involved, the one initiating the attack is the one attacking first. It makes complete sense that, if one unit has 1 range and the other has 1-2 range, the 1-2 one will attack first.

It also makes complete sense that, Shanan is faster, so he can sneak up on Sety faster.

Balmung misses too.

Yet you can't rely on CHs. You can rely on Balmung since it gives well Meteor Sword and Continue more reliability?

How in hell is that "fair"? A character with 20% luck growth will have low luck. Disregard that, and you're playing another game.

If someone had told me that characters should be using averages, perhaps I'd be using them, but you complained far too late.

Like I said, even with averages, Shanan is still more accurate.

Edited by Shanan

It also makes complete sense that, Shanan is faster, so he can sneak up on Sety faster.

Not that much faster (speed-wise). Also, same movement rate.

Yet you can't rely on CHs. You can rely on Balmung since it gives well Meteor Sword and Continue more reliability?

Every attack that hits will have a ~35% critical hit chance, excluded bonuses from support/stars/skill ring. That's 1/3 of the time.

If someone had told me that characters should be using averages, perhaps I'd be using them, but you complained far too late.

Like I said, even with averages, Shanan is still more accurate.

You're doing it wrong.

Also fuck, this thing is boring, I have other stuff to write/RD to play.

Have fun with your hacked characters.

Edited by Finn

Not that much faster (speed-wise). Also, same movement rate.

It doesn't matter "not that much faster".

Okay same movement rate, and letting Shanan start far from Sety is pretty unfair. As Shanan is faster, he'll be running up to Sety faster.

This is a rule in FE character battles.

Every attack that hits will have a ~35% critical hit chance, excluded bonuses from support/stars/skill ring. That's 1/3 of the time.

1/3 of the time.

Shanan averages vs Sety averages is very luck based anyway, so it's not worth talking about.

Edited by Shanan

There are no other participants, Shanan. If you forfeit your turn, you forfeit the debate. I definitely wouldn't recommend this, as Finn's argument is so relentlessly stupid. Victory's in the bag, if only you'd give your rebuttal (which I assume will be genius, at least compared to Finn's inane nonsense).

Shanan averages vs Sety averages is very luck based anyway, so it's not worth talking about.

Which is what me and Fia have been trying to tell you.

They can kill each other.

There are no other participants, Shanan. If you forfeit your turn, you forfeit the debate. I definitely wouldn't recommend this, as Finn's argument is so relentlessly stupid. Victory's in the bag, if only you'd give your rebuttal (which I assume will be genius, at least compared to Finn's inane nonsense).

0/10

They look cute together.

Not to mention that Ayra is a female Navarre, while Jamka is a Bow Navarre. Come on, enemy with Killer equipment recruitable by the female priest he helped rescuing?

I had my thoughts exactly on this when making the pairing. Both of them are usually on Top Tier lists and Jamuka is a VERY available bachelor.

Technically you can RNG abuse everyone to maxed stats without hacking.

I guess it makes sense to you why it should, but not to me.

...credibility dropping...

Utterly retarded.

You're doing it wrong.

...credibility dropping...

I stated that no one complained when I used maxed stats for character battles for a pretty long time.

So why are people actually complaining now?

By the way with uber children with uber growths and events, how does it seem so impossible?

Edited by Shanan

By the way with uber children with uber growths and events, how does it seem so impossible?

People are complaining because IT'S LOLLAKCHE AND LOLSETY.

It seems impossible because of the RNG, it's not rare when you don't gain one single point at a level up.

I stated that no one complained when I used maxed stats for character battles for a pretty long time.

Because there's no point to debating if everyone's maxed. By then the only argument is about class and skills, which should only be taken into consideration AFTER growth rates.

LOL@ Diadora with 22 speed, by the way.