• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on his own.

He would.

Besides, I have an ally...

Right.

I mostly use characters I like and those that are awesome without much effort (so there's room for someone that would require fixing like Marty). Somethings I go for efficiency but eh doing so all the time gets boring.

Precisely.

Or you're underestimating me.

You should, at any rate. He posts often enough.

Guess we'll find out.

Hmm?

He's only agreeing with you because he just hates me.

Of course.

Does Asaello suck? I don't see anything wrong with his bases...I see he grows kinda Str-based, but that's not so bad seeing as he bears a great base Spd, he also has Pursuit & Charge.

Lack of mounted unit AND having a nonexistant enemy phase makes it not worth it for Asello. Now if he had Ichival he'd be totally worth using as he'd have an amazing player phase but because he lacks that his player phases are average at best.

Understandable.

Regardless, my point is, who cares about efficiency?

I agree with your statement here although sometimes I do talk about efficiency when I seriously talk about FE games in general and I will try to play with some efficiency because anybody can spend 20+ turns babying units that are crappy. Units that are generally crappy are crap because they are near useless in their joining period and usually useless in chapters after their joining period or being a lower leveled unit with poor availability. Plenty of units in this game that are deemed terrible can turn out well with favoritism and spending extra turns just babying them. Although I don't find the idea of roflstomping with some of the better pre-promotes just to cut off a few turns fun either.

And in my current FE5 playthrough I'm trying to use Ronan and Marty, Ronan's actually turning out somewhat fine. Whereas Marty, not so much. Even with the Sety scroll on him for 90% of his levels he's only gained 2 spd for me so far and he's currently level 10 which means he got RNG screwed. I've been contemplating early promotion but I want to try and milk in a couple of more speed points before promoting him.

And in my current FE5 playthrough I'm trying to use Ronan and Marty, Ronan's actually turning out somewhat fine. Whereas Marty, not so much. Even with the Sety scroll on him for 90% of his levels he's only gained 2 spd for me so far and he's currently level 10 which means he got RNG screwed. I've been contemplating early promotion but I want to try and milk in a couple of more speed points before promoting him.

Give him Fala or Baldo too.

I agree with your statement here although sometimes I do talk about efficiency when I seriously talk about FE games in general and I will try to play with some efficiency because anybody can spend 20+ turns babying units that are crappy. Units that are generally crappy are crap because they are near useless in their joining period and usually useless in chapters after their joining period or being a lower leveled unit with poor availability. Plenty of units in this game that are deemed terrible can turn out well with favoritism and spending extra turns just babying them. Although I don't find the idea of roflstomping with some of the better pre-promotes just to cut off a few turns fun either.

I understand why people could prefer efficiency. I just don't find using the same units each time as fun to play. Sure, it may require more turns, and sure, they might not be as good as others when it comes down to it. But, you have to take into account how enjoyable the game would be with such monotony.

On a game where the use of characters can honestly come down to luck of the draw, debating the strength of one unit or another seems kind of odd to me. It's one of the reasons I try to avoid debates.

Good luck is all I can say in regards to that. I'd personally wait a few levels instead of early promoting.

I'm intimidated by this topic by its massive size... also, I have no idea what its about :(

Chatroom.

Precisely this. Talk about whatever, join in on any conversation.

That's odd considering how easier it is to fix Marty than it is to fix Ronan.

Yeah, it is pretty odd but the RNG in the SNES games can work in pretty odd ways.

Give him Fala or Baldo too.

When Marty's deployed I give him Sety, Baldo or Odo, and sometimes Hezul.