FE4 THREAD

Fia

What the- TeamStyle was awesome in BN3 imo. 10 Mega Chips and access to V4 chips. Also, BN3 added three more styles (Shadow, Ground, Bug).

In BN2 it was meh and with Guts style being so damn likely to be the first one you get, I never cared for enough to try Team. Shield wasn't for me, custom only gets better as you're more experienced with the game.

It's only good for Vs battles actually, but it's amazing there. Paralysis helps a lot. In-game, it was useless.

Though so. In-game, I remember Wind Soul was pretty (destroy Barriers and Auras, pull the enemy to the front panels so you can smack them with a WideSword-like weapon? Fuck yes). Gutsman was pretty nice too, it was basically the BN3 Guts Style with defensive steroids.

The main problem I had with the BN series is that they didn't change the gameplay much from game to game. They use the same battle system every single time so it starts to get boring as you play more of them.

Forced tutorials on a series like this was a bad idea. Specially in BN4 where you had to repeat the story.

Edited by Speedwagon

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

In BN2 it was meh and with Guts style being so damn likely to be the first on you get, I never cared for enough to try Team. Shield wasn't for me, custom only gets better as you're more experienced with the game.

I never actually even used any other style in 2 other than Guts (and Hub, but that was aftergame).

Though so. In-game, I remember Wind Soul was pretty (destroy Barriers and Auras, pull the enemy to the front panels so you can smack them with a WideSword-like weapon? Fuck yes). Gutsman was pretty nice too, it was basically the BN3 Guts Style with defensive steroids.

I was unfortunate enough to get WindSoul last (i.e. third game) but it was awesome for the short time I got to use it. GutsSoul didn't have the double Atk that GutsStyle had though, unless you could fire your buster really fast (which I could never pull off)

In BN2 it was meh and with Guts style being so damn likely to be the first one you get, I never cared for enough to try Team. Shield wasn't for me, custom only gets better as you're more experienced with the game.

Since you always got two styles, I always got Shield and Guts.

I actually preferred Shield.

I never actually even used any other style in 2 other than Guts (and Hub, but that was aftergame).

IIRC, Shield just started you with a weak barrier and gave you the ability to bring up a shield by pressing Back and B. IIRC, Team just allowed you to add more Navi chips. Custom brought an additional chip on the selection screen. The Navi customization thing allowed for more of these at once and equipped on a good folder, you could easily dish out some good punishment with 4-5 chips every round.

I remember in Vs mode on BN4, I had equipped a shield that would deflect damage back to the opponent. It was great beating my cousin without moving until he learned how to deal with the shield.

I was unfortunate enough to get WindSoul last (i.e. third game) but it was awesome for the short time I got to use it. GutsSoul didn't have the double Atk that GutsStyle had though, unless you could fire your buster really fast (which I could never pull off)

Ouch, that sucks. I could pull off the Guts barrage 90% of the time I wanted and even used it as my Shield Style on some bosses.

IIRC, Shield just started you with a weak barrier and gave you the ability to bring up a shield by pressing Back and B. IIRC, Team just allowed you to add more Navi chips. Custom brought an additional chip on the selection screen. The Navi customization thing allowed for more of these at once and equipped on a good folder, you could easily dish out some good punishment with 4-5 chips every round.

Navi customization put color restrictions though, so you couldn't just make any combination. But yeah, CustomStyle with Reflect was really good.

I remember in Vs mode on BN4, I had equipped a shield that would deflect damage back to the opponent. It was great beating my cousin without moving until he learned how to deal with the shield.

Reflect is awesome. I never used it in BN4 though, since I chose to use the space for AirShoes instead (Bass was near-impossible without it). I generally prefer Anti-Damage though.

Ouch, that sucks. I could pull off the Guts barrage 90% of the time I wanted and even used it as my Shield Style on some bosses.

I remember when my bro first played BN4, he wasn't expecting the last boss to float on empty space, making most of his chips useless. He eventually ran out of attacking chips and had to rely on the buster to take out the last ~600 HP. The Guts Barrage was a lifesaver there.

Safari:Peak	Magnemite
Safari:Marsh	Wooper
Safari:Savannah	Nidorina
Safari:Swamp	Murkrow

Something tells me that I shouldn't bother until I have the National Dex.

You're killed for no reason.

Killing for no reason is bad. And Wrong. There should be a new, stronger word for killing for no reason, like, badong! Yes, killing for no reason is badong! From now on I will do the opposite of killing for no reason, goonodab.

Killing for no reason is bad. And Wrong. There should be a new, stronger word for killing for no reason, like, badong! Yes, killing for no reason is badong! From now on I will do the opposite of killing for no reason, goonodab.

:mellow:

And unless it's Ninjulius. :awesome:

Must fight the urge.