Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Duelist, Nightblade, Dervish.

Manly team. Heals as they fight.

Not too recommended for first timers, though. That's a job for Ninja Master, Star Lancer and Sage/Bishop.

It destroys the Black Rabite in minutes too.

Edited by Emperor Alvis

But he/it hasn't tapped any1 O_o

You mean you don't have any memory lapses, King Levin?

Your favorite team is?

I'm not sure if I've come to a conclusion about that yet. I just know that Angela won't be in it.

I tried Duelist!Duran/Death Hand!Kevin/Bishop!Carlie last time. I actually think Carlie is stupid (and refused to use her in my first PTs), but she's leagues beyond Duran or Kevin as a healer. Overall, I liked that team, but regret having played it on Duran's scenario instead of Kevin's, as Dark Saber and Turn Undead were all but unused.

Duelist, Nightblade, Dervish.

Manly team. Heals as they fight.

I should man up sometime and try that.

Lol bruteforce.

Edited by TheEnd

I'm not sure if I've come to a conclusion about that yet. I just know that Angela won't be in it.

I tried Duelist!Duran/Death Hand!Kevin/Bishop!Carlie last time. I actually think Carlie is stupid (and refused to use her in my first PTs), but she's leagues beyond Duran or Kevin as a healer. Overall, I liked that team, but regret having played it on Duran's scenario instead of Kevin's, as Dark Saber and Turn Undead were all but unused.

I should man up sometime and try that.

Lol bruteforce.

IMO Fighting > Magic in SD 3.

Dark Saber always has a boss you can use it against, either Heath or Full Metal Hagger. Carlie is probably the only one I even had as a first character ( must've played through way too often... ).

Black Rabite is easy with my team. I save some Mantago Oils from the Darth Mantagoes and I try to get Papa Poto Claws ( though once I think I managed to have a Paladin Proof since Duran class changed. IIRC, you can get the opposite class items once you changed classes twice. )

Put Saint Saber, Drake Scales and Mantago Oils on yourself. Cast at least a Shuriken, Deadly Weapon and, if you're lucky to have one, Shadowzero Eye on the Black Rabite. Then if he tries to heal himself, use a Specter Eye. Keep plenty of Poto Oils and Honey Drinks and you shouldn't even die.

I don't.

Are you sure?

What's good about Duelist Duran? Dark Saber doesn't seem useful. I've tried Devrish, pretty decent thanks to the Moon Saber.

Dark Saber is only useful against Heath, really. The point of Duelist is raw attack power: highest of them all.

That's it, I'm trying Duelist/Dervish/Nightblade in my next playthrough. I'll have to spam items like a motherfucker for the longest time, but well.

Are you sure?

Dark Saber is only useful against Heath, really. The point of Duelist is raw attack power: highest of them all.

That's it, I'm trying Duelist/Dervish/Nightblade in my next playthrough. I'll have to spam items like a motherfucker for the longest time, but well.

I'm sure.

Saint Saber (or Light Saber, whatever it's called) has effectiveness against more enemies and bosses and I don't think Paladin's ATK is that far below Duelist's.

Poto Oils ahoy! (before 2nd class change that is >_>)

Edited by Levin

I don't.

What's good about Duelist Duran? Dark Saber doesn't seem useful. I've tried Devrish, pretty decent thanks to the Moon Saber.

Duelist Duran has the highest attack power due to being a Dark/Dark class ( it's always like that for everyone ). Like I said earlier, there's always a boss later that Dark Saber is good against.

Also he looks cool and his tech is cool.

I like this team more due to the fact it gives only Moon Saber as a healing spell ( and even then, it doesn't work vs. zombies and a few demons ). If you want to be effective, switch Kevin to God Hand.

Also Dark has more effectiveness than at least one more element: Earth. Dark is effective vs. 7 enemies, Earth only 5, not counting bosses.

Edited by Emperor Alvis

IMO Fighting > Magic in SD 3.

Agreed. Offensive magic just isn't worth it, at all.

Dark Saber always has a boss you can use it against, either Heath or Full Metal Hagger. Carlie is probably the only one I even had as a first character ( must've played through way too often... ).

Black Rabite is easy with my team. I save some Mantago Oils from the Darth Mantagoes and I try to get Papa Poto Claws ( though once I think I managed to have a Paladin Proof since Duran class changed. IIRC, you can get the opposite class items once you changed classes twice. )

Put Saint Saber, Drake Scales and Mantago Oils on yourself. Cast at least a Shuriken, Deadly Weapon and, if you're lucky to have one, Shadowzero Eye on the Black Rabite. Then if he tries to heal himself, use a Specter Eye. Keep plenty of Poto Oils and Honey Drinks and you shouldn't even die.

I don't really care about uber optional bosses, myself.

Edited by TheEnd

Duelist Duran has the highest attack power due to being a Dark/Dark class ( it's always like that for everyone ). Like I said earlier, there's always a boss later that Dark Saber is good against.

I like this team more due to the fact it gives only Moon Saber as a healing spell ( and even then, it doesn't work vs. zombies and a few demons ). If you want to be effective, switch Kevin to God Hand.

Also Dark has more effectiveness than at least one more element: Earth. Dark is effective vs. 7 enemies, Earth only 5, not counting bosses.

I wish I could make a Kevin-only team.

Seems like stuff for optional bosses and Black Rabite. I mostly use teams to make quick work of the story bosses. Lise's buffs and the elemental claws make quick work of everything that has a weakness.

Jutsus are pretty good, they're like Lise's debuffs and deal damage. Star Lancer Lise and Ninja Master Hawk make a deadly pair.

Edited by Levin

Some are, mostly the Jutsus and Deadly Weapon. Angela's level 1 spells are ok too. Probably why my favorite class for her is the Magus.

The jutsus are more debuffs than anything, though. You don't really use them for direct damage.

Jutsus are pretty good, they're like Lise's debuffs and deal damage. Star Lancer Lise and Ninja Master Hawk make a deadly.

I liked that Hawk/Lise combo. Buff yourself, debuff the boss.

Edited by TheEnd

Seems like stuff for optional bosses and Black Rabite. I mostly use teams to make quick work of the story bosses. Lise's buffs and the elemental claws make quick work of everything that has a weakness.

Well the team for beginners I mentionned earlier is near perfect for that.

Ninja Master Hawk as multi target jutsus to debilitate enemies and bosses alike.

Starlancer Lise can empower your party with buffs.

Sage Carlie has multitarget sabers, curing, healing and light spells against the high number of Dark aligned monsters.

If you pick Carlie's scenario, I'd pick Bishop instead. Turn Undead is just too good.

Well the team for beginners I mentionned earlier is near perfect for that.

Ninja Master Hawk as multi target jutsus to debilitate enemies and bosses alike.

Starlancer Lise can empower your party with buffs.

Sage Carlie has multitarget sabers, curing, healing and light spells against the high number of Dark aligned monsters.

If you pick Carlie's scenario, I'd pick Bishop instead. Turn Undead is just too good.

I don't think I've ever mained Carlie.

If only she weren't some stupid half-elf child...

Edited by TheEnd

The jutsus are more debuffs than anything, though. You don't really use them for direct damage.

I liked that Hawk/Lise combo. Buff yourself, debuff the boss.

Depends on the enemy I suppose. If I didn't have Flame Saber backing me up, I might've used Thunder Jutsu in the Ice Labyrinth because of those fucking Poseidons.

The order I generally beat the god beasts is Moon>Earth>Light>Wind>Water>Fire>Wood. I really hate the Earth one <_<

Depends on the enemy I suppose. If I didn't have Flame Saber backing me up, I might've used Thunder Jutsu in the Ice Labyrinth because of those fucking Poseidons.

The order I generally beat the god beasts is Moon>Earth>Light>Wind>Water>Fire>Wood. I really hate the Earth one <_<

I usually do Moon>Wood>Light>whatever. After my first playthrough, I made a mental note of always doing the Moon one first... those werewolves just raped me too badly at higher levels.

And the Light one is annoying as hell. Bouncing, teleporting and turning your team into moogles? No thanks.

I usually do Moon>Wood>Light>whatever. After my first playthrough, I made a mental note of always doing the Moon one first... those werewolves just raped me too badly at higher levels.

And the Light one is annoying as hell. Bouncing, teleporting and turning your team into moogles? No thanks.

I hate the Earth one a lot more. At least I somewhat remembered where are the rooms without stairs for the Moon Tower.

The Gemstone Valley has the Slime Prince lowering your attack AND poisoning you, if the Petit Dragons didn't do it already. Behind that, the Knollbears are lowering your accuracy and doing lots of damage and Cockatrices can petrify you. All of these enemies have different weaknesses too ( Fire for Slimes, Wind for Knollbears and Wind/Ice for Cockatrices, until they fly ).

As for bosses, they're all more or less easy. Mispolm, Fiegmund, Xan Bie and Land Umber are extremely easy with the right saber. Dangaard just takes a lot of time due to phases and Dolan is overrated.

Lightgazer is annoying though. You also forgot lowering your attack, casting Saint Saber on your guys and using Heal Light once in a while.

Edited by Emperor Alvis

I hate the Earth one a lot more. At least I somewhat remembered where are the rooms without stairs for the Moon Tower.

The Gemstone Valley has the Slime Prince lowering your attack AND poisoning you, if the Petit Dragons didn't do it already. Behind that, the Knollbears are lowering your accuracy and doing lots of damage and Cockatrices can petrify you. All of these enemies have different weaknesses too ( Fire for Slimes, Wind for Knollbears and Wind/Ice for Cockatrices, until they fly ).

As for bosses, they're all more or less easy. Mispolm, Fiegmund, Xan Bie and Land Umber are extremely easy with the right saber. Dangaard just takes a lot of time due to phases and Dolan is overrated.

Lightgazer is annoying though. You also forgot lowering your attack, casting Saint Saber on your guys and using Heal Light once in a while.

One thing that I noticed when I left the Earth one for last, however, was that some of the rooms had lv28 enemies instead of lv40 ones. That reduces the amount of raping considerably.

Also, I usually don't bother about using buffs/sabers against mooks, so the different weaknesses don't really matter.

Also

STOP LURKING AND POST ALREADY, FIA

Edited by TheEnd

One thing that I noticed when I left the Earth one for last, however, was that some of the rooms had lv28 enemies instead of lv40 ones. That reduces the level of raping considerably.

I noticed that since I used to do it 5th. They went from 36 to 28. When I do it in second they're all 30, though.

Also, I usually don't bother about using buffs/sabers against mooks, so the different weaknesses don't really matter.

That's mostly when I use Angela so she can spam spells. She's at least good as a weakener that way.

STOP LURKING AND POST ALREADY, FIA

She only got...4 hours of sleep?

Edited by Emperor Alvis

I noticed that since I used to do it 5th. They went from 36 to 28. When I do it in second they're all 30, though.

Odd bug indeed.

That's mostly when I use Angela so she can spam spells. She's at least good as a weakener that way.

I find magic a little too bureaucratic (and not effective enough as offense) in SD3, so I avoid using Angela. I think I only used her once or twice.

She only got...4 hours of sleep?

She hungers.

Edited by TheEnd

Odd bug indeed.

My theory is that it happens when you can buy the second set of weapons/armors from the cat. I didn't test it, though.

I find magic a little too bureaucratic (and not effective enough as offense) in SD3, so I avoid using Angela. I think I only used her once or twice.

IMO Kevin > Hawk > Duran >= Lise > Angela > Carlie, but I used all of them quite a bit. My first party actually had Angela. It ended in Nightblade/Rune Master/Swordmaster, something I wouldn't recommend.

She hungers.

Holy shit! Sinistar has a wife!

Edited by Emperor Alvis