Is Golden Sun a good game?

I'll play it.

The way I understand it, its Zelda-like dungeon-crawling with random battles. Do I understand this right? Because if its executed well, its sounds like alot of fun.

EDIT: I still have something to get done before I can get to this. I need to take the "Leave Kid" route in Chrono Cross.

Edited by Miror B.

Great fun and flashy, but there is. One. Severe. Problem. That. Really. Kills. The. Fun. Factor.

THE FUCKING DIALOGUE!

God, no one EVER shuts up in these games! It's so damn wordy, that you want them to shut up to the point where you'd have more fun grinding.

Good part is you don't have to grind in this game, unless you want stupid items you don't need.

Great fun and flashy, but there is. One. Severe. Problem. That. Really. Kills. The. Fun. Factor.

THE FUCKING DIALOGUE!

God, no one EVER shuts up in these games! It's so damn wordy, that you want them to shut up to the point where you'd have more fun grinding.

Good part is you don't have to grind in this game, unless you want stupid items you don't need.

Or are trying to beat Dullahan.

...Damn bastard.

I like how optional he is and how pointlessly overblown the summon you get from him is.

Not denying it. At least Deadbeard in GS1 is challenging, yet not so hopelessly overpowered.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

THE FUCKING DIALOGUE!

I remember the beginning of Golden Sun 2. I appreciate you going through the trouble of explaining everything that's happening to me, but I kinda want to play the game, y'know?

It's a JRPG.

Of course there's lots of talking.

Even considering, this is redonculous. Even worse, you can't skip it.

So, who here liked fighting those thieves in Ivan's town, or Briggs's gang?

Not denying it. At least Deadbeard in GS1 is challenging, yet not so hopelessly overpowered.

That, and Deadbeard's dungeon was a LOT simpler and more fun in it's gimmick. Dullahan's dungeon was a whole dungeon and the reward was an overblown summon. At least Deadbeard's dungeon got you awesome equipment. Dullahan's is a complete waste of time.

Even considering, this is redonculous. Even worse, you can't skip it.

So, who here liked fighting those thieves in Ivan's town, or Briggs's gang?

That, and Deadbeard's dungeon was a LOT simpler and more fun in it's gimmick. Dullahan's dungeon was a whole dungeon and the reward was an overblown summon. At least Deadbeard's dungeon got you awesome equipment. Dullahan's is a complete waste of time.

Most of it was cursed, but yeah, that same dungeon had the cleric's ring.

And I had a much harder time with Deadbeard.

Dullahan was all about summon rushing, unfortunately.

Deadbeard...well...you CAN'T summon rush against him easily, mostly due to less Djinn and no broken summons.

Am I the only one who found Deadbeard really easy. I didn't find Dullahan too hard either. Doom Dragon was quite tough for me though and imo the hardest boss is Briggs.

Am I the only one who found Deadbeard really easy. I didn't find Dullahan too hard either. Doom Dragon was quite tough for me though and imo the hardest boss is Briggs.

Nope. I found Deadbeard really easy too. But i also found Briggs really easy. Anyways, I'm playing this game right now. And since I'm awesome, you should play it too.

Deadbeard IS easy with the right strategy. It's just, unlike Dullahan, you can't easily summon rush against him.

That, and it's actually not a pain to fight without summon rushing, seeing as Dullahan likes to be an ass with Djinn Storm.

Doom Dragon's easy.

Or are trying to beat Dullahan.

...Damn bastard.

He's easy... Why did everyone have so much trouble with him? I raped his shit without massive grinding.