The official Claim a Character thread

Kriemhild

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when you only play VNs.

Hey, I play Touhou too! In fact, I 1cc'd 12 of the 14 games on Normal! 2 on Hard, 1 on Lunatic! Edited by Lævateinn

Senpai why can't I Touhou as good as you? :<

You're even better, if you ask me. You were able to beat Flandre Scarlet, which I was unable to do. It might just be that you're insanely good with bosses but worse on stage parts, so you had no issue with EoSD Extra but struggled against PCB Normal. Or maybe you just need more practice...

You're even better, if you ask me. You were able to beat Flandre Scarlet, which I was unable to do. It might just be that you're insanely good with bosses but worse on stage parts, so you had no issue with EoSD Extra but struggled against PCB Normal. Or maybe you just need more practice...

I think so... I'll become better if it'll make senpai proud of me!

Alright, Marno-chan, I decided to try out ReimuB on PCB to see how it's like. My thoughts:

- General Stage 4 stuff are tougher. ReimuB's lack of homing attacks makes some enemies quite annoying.

- Lunasa (not Lyrica, as I thought) seems much tougher than Merlin (who Sakuya faces). Then again, this was my first time fighting Lunasa as opposed to my numerous encounters with Merlin, so I can't really judge between them fairly.

- Stage 5 stage parts are as easy as they were for SakuyaA. Not too difficult to clear.

- As for Youmu, non-spells are the same. Reimu might have it easier, but I couldn't tell because I had no trouble with them either way.

- Youmu's spells, on the other hand, seem much more tougher, since you have to be right under Youmu to damage her

- Yuyuko is definitely tougher with ReimuB as well. A lot of Yuyuko spells force you to move around far away to avoid death, and ReimuB does not get any damage in when she runs away from Yuyuko. In fact, imo Yuyuko goes from being one of the easiest final bosses to a really tough boss, solely by negating damage when you're not under her.

- Resurrection Butterfly (it deserves its own entry) is easier with Reimu, I think. I survived more waves as ReimuB, and I think her smaller hitbox might have helped with that. Considering that there's a lame blue wave after every red wave, even Sakuya can never skip more than one red wave with a bomb.

- Generally speaking, Reimu has fewer bombs than Sakuya, so she can't just bomb spam everything that's relatively difficult.

- Reimu only beats Sakuya during micrododge waves (smaller hitbox~), and during boss spells where you can maintain your position under the boss. Youmu and Yuyuko rarely fall into the latter category.

- Sakuya is subjectively a far cooler character than Reimu.

Bottom Line: Ditch ReimuB and use SakuyaA

Edited by Lævateinn

Alright, Marno-chan, I decided to try out ReimuB on PCB to see how it's like. My thoughts:

- General Stage 4 stuff are tougher. ReimuB's lack of homing attacks makes some enemies quite annoying.

- Lunasa (not Lyrica, as I thought) seems much tougher than Merlin (who Sakuya faces). Then again, this was my first time fighting Lunasa as opposed to my numerous encounters with Merlin, so I can't really judge between them fairly.

- Stage 5 stage parts are as easy as they were for SakuyaA. Not too difficult to clear.

- As for Youmu, non-spells are the same. Reimu might have it easier, but I couldn't tell because I had no trouble with them either way.

- Youmu's spells, on the other hand, seem much more tougher, since you have to be right under Youmu to damage her

- Yuyuko is definitely tougher with ReimuB as well. A lot of Yuyuko spells force you to move around far away to avoid death, and ReimuB does not get any damage in when she runs away from Yuyuko. In fact, imo Yuyuko goes from being one of the easiest final bosses to a really tough boss, solely by negating damage when you're not under her.

- Resurrection Butterfly (it deserves its own entry) is easier with Reimu, I think. I survived more waves as ReimuB, and I think her smaller hitbox might have helped with that. Considering that there's a lame blue wave after every red wave, even Sakuya can never skip more than one red wave with a bomb.

- Generally speaking, Reimu has fewer bombs than Sakuya, so she can't just bomb spam everything that's relatively difficult.

- Reimu only beats Sakuya during micrododge waves (smaller hitbox~), and during boss spells where you can maintain your position under the boss. Youmu and Yuyuko rarely fall into the latter category.

- Sakuya is subjectively a far cooler character than Reimu.

Bottom Line: Ditch ReimuB and use SakuyaA

Mmm... alright, my next pay through of PCB will be SakuyaA, senpai. I'll.probably return to finishing with Reimu B after I improve my skills.