FE Inflation

luigi bros

Then, you shouldn't be able to use the addendum patch included with the Blume hack (for Thracia) that modifies the existing data of two characters to have them become two others (Daisy to Patty and Asaello to Arthur, or something like that?). Because that's applying two patches to one file :[ I could also release a patch that changes only Olwen in the same hack to be a Shanan-esque Sety, as long as the modified data doesn't conflict with other necessary data.

You can also, for example, pair most standard FFI hacks with Disch's animated water hack, as unless you're playing one with modified code (such as Dragoon X Omega II), the code that animates the tiles should run smoothly unless of course the hack changes which tiles are water...

It's something that may be common sense not force two things together and expect them to work, but it's not something that always happens :/

Rule of thumb = guideline. Not something that always happens.

Since when does an exception turn a guideline invalid? o_o

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the "exceptions" do not outweigh the "common outcome found here" of applying two patches to a single thing. Not in theory or application. Because most of what the fans, under context, will be using patches for, do not modify or add essential additions to the games, but edit existing data that is actually irrelevant as to whether the game may run or not.

It's not a guideline that applying two patches will crash your game, because out of all expected outcomes, it won't. It may nullify or otherwise modify the expected changes, but they're unlikely to actually crash your game.

Edited by Celice

Celice, how about you stop arguing for argument's sake...?

Because most of what the fans, under context, will be using patches for, do not modify or add essential additions to the games, but edit existing data that is actually irrelevant as to whether the game may run or not.

What most of the fans will try doing: translation patch + whatever patch. Chance of that working: low. And even if it does, unexpected issues may arise. That probably wouldn't be the case with small patches (like the mini-patches included in every major Seisen patch around - dual stage Pursuit, Sword Skill modification, etc.), but... we aren't talking about them.

Of course, supplementary patches are a different case. Especially since they have a "apply to a rom patched with ___.ips" notice instead of "apply to an unmodified rom!"

I'll probably edit this post with the Inflation readme later.

Supposedly, but Fia got several bugs when trying to play with them. Maybe those bugs could have been averted if she had read the readme, but maybe not.

I will try the sub playthrough again soon, then I will tell you the result.

Looking at Alvis and Eltshan I'm not looking forward to fighting them. Also Eltshan has a skill that looks like a Sword Skill but in black. What is it and what does it do? I think I saw him use it since when he hit the enemy a black wave went out.

Looking at Alvis and Eltshan I'm not looking forward to fighting them. Also Eltshan has a skill that looks like a Sword Skill but in black. What is it and what does it do? I think I saw him use it since when he hit the enemy a black wave went out.

Attack bonus when attacking, defense bonus when defending.

Can't remember if +10 or +20, though.

Maybe I should start now... but that's mean I will ignoring the forum AND the IMs for a few more days. 8D;

Attack bonus when attacking, defense bonus when defending.

Can't remember if +10 or +20, though.

IIRC, 20.

What bows does Jamka come with? One looks like the Ichival.

Partia. It gives the user Elite. Also it's ultra cheap 8D

If you pair Midir with Aideen, give it to Midir.

What do some of those skills do? I saw one that looks like a Sword Skill but isn't. Also can Sword Skills be inherited by everyone? Also do you still need Pursuit to double?

What do some of those skills do? I saw one that looks like a Sword Skill but isn't. Also can Sword Skills be inherited by everyone? Also do you still need Pursuit to double?

About the sword skills:

Light (Senkouken): Luna + Sol. One attack that always hits (unless Big Shield activates), ignores defense and heals the user.

Dark (Ankokuken/Darkness Sword): Gives a +20 bonus to attack when attacking, and +20 to defenses when defending. Only lasts for one attack, like all other sword skills.

For the other questions, I suggest reading the readme I posted before. (Short answer: yes for the first, no for the second. Moot, because nearly everyone has Pursuit anyway, but...)

Edited by TheEnd

Chapter 3 is hell. This is gonna be your mantra until you get past it.

Not if he abuses.

What's a "mantra"?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=m...amp;x=0&y=0

A commonly repeated word or phrase: "Today's edutainment software comes shrinkwrapped in the magic mantra: 'makes learning fun.'" (Clifford Stoll).

Not if he abuses.

I don't abuse. Based on the look of the Cross Knights I may have to retreat to Augusty Castle and place a high avoid character on the gate and use hit and run tactics. That always works for me. I don't know about this situation because I'm not there yet.

Edited by luigi bros

I don't abuse. Based on the look of the Cross Knights I may have to retreat to Augusty Castle and place a high avoid character on the gate and use hit and run tactics. That always works for me. I don't know about ion this situation because I'm not there yet.

Well, they are an army of Sigurds, at level 30. But then, after you beat them, it becomes fucking easy. An insult to your intelligence.

How is that an insult? An army of Sigurds? This sounds hard. Is it as bad as FE5 Chapter 22?

Simply because you would expect a hard chapter. But no, the Cross Knights are so much harder, so much cheaper than the previous enemies, and the following enemies are as easy as the ones in the beggining of the game.

Well, it's hard to compare it with Ch22, as it works differently, but the CK might be as cheap as Cyas 10 stars.

Simply because you would expect a hard chapter. But no, the Cross Knights are so much harder, so much cheaper than the previous enemies, and the following enemies are as easy as the ones in the beggining of the game.

Well, it's hard to compare it with Ch22, as it works differently, but the CK might be as cheap as Cyas 10 stars.

I meant just for the Cross Knights. I'll deal with it at the time. I hope it isn't really, really, really hard.

Doesn't mean hell, though.

Less hellish than it should be, but still damn scary. You said it yourself, "army of sigurds".