Inheritance Questions

Don Draper

So MK404s LP videos of FE4 inspired me to play through it again. However, I've just been playing hacks of it lately, and haven't touched the original in a long time. So I've planned out my pairings, but I'm not sure what to do about inheritance. There are so many rings, etc that I'm not sure who should get one ring/who should get each weapon, etc. These are my pairings:

AdeanxMidayle

AyraxLex

LachesisxBeowulf

SylviaxNobody

FuryxClaude

TiltyuxLevin

BriggidxHolyn

I'm just not sure what weapons/rings everyone should have, etc to pass down.

Adean = C/B staves

Midayle = any and all bows

Ayra = any swords (a Silver Sword is fine)

Lex = any swords he can get (like a Silver Blade/XL)

Lachesis = C staves, any swords

Beowulf = any swords

Fury = B staves/swords iirc (Hero Lance for instance)

Claude = anything he can use

Tiltyu = C Fire, B Thunder, B Wind (probably

Levin = any wind, C Fire, B Thunder (read: only Holsety, perhaps Pursuit Ring)

Briggid = any bows (he starts with a silver though, so don't bother)

Holyn = B swords

It's recommended to have Patty's father (Holyn) hold a Return Ring, so Shanan's and Patty's lives become easier. Depending on whether you want to defend Lenster or not, giving Nanna the other Return Ring and Return Staff might be desirable.

Pass down the Knight and Leg rings with someone; they're impossible/hard to obtain in 2nd gen, and you might want to have Laylea use them eventually.

Those are the same exact pairings I've used in my recorded playthrough. You'll want to pass down a Magic Sword, Magic Ring to Fee and probably random crap to give her more Gold so she has an easy time having access to Elite because she'll mostly be saving valuable villages that have Shield Ring and Power and the sooner she's promoted, the sooner you have a flying Physic user and possibly the status effect staves as well. Patty may also like a Magic Sword so she can steal from a safe distance.

Edited by Sirius

imo Nanna/Fin/Leaf use Return Rings better than Patty. Patty can generally be positioned so that Dark Mages can't reach her ever, but Fin and Nanna are stuck at Lenster until Darna decides to move its fat ass.

Just remember that you get two Return Rings in 1st gen, so you only have to choose if you're doing it wrong/run out of money.

Edited by Tiena