Is there a way to restart a chapter in FE4?

Game Janitor

I just started this game and I'm on chapter 1. Dew has just gotten trapped by Verdane soldiers and is getting killed while I made a save (yeah I messed up -_-). I tried getting Sigurd killed but that didn't restart the chapter, it made me go back to my last save, the one with Dew trapped by soldiers.

Does this mean I have to restart the game?

To answer your question: no, you can't restart a chapter.

However, you may be able to save Dew through RNG abuse. Save before taking your turn, and waste some RNs in a different way (for example, by letting someone "die" in the arena), and try playing the turn out. If Dew dies, go back to the save, do something different (different unit, more arena fights). Keep going until he survives, and move people from your main army towards Dew. Using emulator save states will be less consuming than in-game saves here.

I usually just have the auto-save prompt save on a different slot from where I save after beating a chapter. For example, the auto-save prompt is set to work on slot 1, at the end of a chapter, I save in slot 4 so I can restart if ever necessary. You might want to do that from now on in the event you encounter this situation again.

To answer your question: no, you can't restart a chapter.

However, you may be able to save Dew through RNG abuse. Save before taking your turn, and waste some RNs in a different way (for example, by letting someone "die" in the arena), and try playing the turn out. If Dew dies, go back to the save, do something different (different unit, more arena fights). Keep going until he survives, and move people from your main army towards Dew. Using emulator save states will be less consuming than in-game saves here.

I tried doing as you said, but it failed.

*Sigh* I guess I'll have to restart the game. At least I wasn't far. Thanks for the advice.

Deu isn't ever too great. If you weren't planning on using him, you could let him die and revive him in Chapter 3, when you get Claude. You'll miss out on the Thief Sword, but that's not saying much. You'll still be able to get the Wind Sword and unlock the bridge in the next chapter.

Deu isn't ever too great. If you weren't planning on using him, you could let him die and revive him in Chapter 3, when you get Claude. You'll miss out on the Thief Sword, but that's not saying much. You'll still be able to get the Wind Sword and unlock the bridge in the next chapter.

This.

He isn't worth being promoted. Although Patty does become WTFPWNAGE after promotion if Dew's the father. Bargain, Solar Sword, Pursuit, access to the Hero Sword... lulz