Dawn Brigade Playthrough

I made a post in GameFAQS but it seems pretty dead now so I will ask here. Should I buy all stat boosting items that I see/ can afford? Also how would I do 3-E seeing as Ike and Ilyana are the only characters I'm REALLY using?

Edited by Knight of Zero

Definitely buy everything you see/afford in Part 1, that you don't need for Part 3, because concentrating resources into a smaller number of units means that you can afford some luxuries. Skill Book is a good idea for Jill, as an example.

3-E beats itself. Have Ike and Ilyana play doctor in the corner while the NPCs clear the chapter for you.

EDIT: also consider sending Jill and Zihark to the GMs, since you can recruit them in 3-7. That'll make the rest of the Part easier, plus you can lavish more kills on the likes of Nolan, Eddie, Leo, Volug, etc.

Edited by Interceptor

Yeah I was going to do that...

Here is my list of units in case anyone was wanting to see or help me with them...

Micaiah-Corona, Paragon, Miracle

Rexaura

Sothe-Bane, Guard,Wrath, Vantage

Baselard

Ike-Aether, Nihil

Ragnell

Sanaki-Flare, Stillness

Meteor

Gareth-Ire, Boon (He's better then Ena...)

Nasir-Ire, Boon, Imbue

Rafiel-Celerity, Shade

Zihark-Astra, Adept,Wrath, Vantage

Alondite

Laura-Corona, Miracle

Valura

Nolan-Colossus, Nihil,Resolve, Cancel

Tarvos

Ed-Astra, Wrath, Cancel

Vague Katti

Volug-Savage, Nihil

Jill-Stun, Adept

urvan

Aran-Impale, Resolve

Wishblade

Leo-Deadeye, Nihil

Double Bow

Pelleas-Flare, Miracle, Adept

Balbereth

Ilyana-Flare, Daunt, Wrath

Rexbolt

Micaiah+Sothe

Ike+Ilyana

Rafiel+Pelleas

Zihark+Laura

Nolan+Ed

Aran+Leo

Volug+Jill

Edited by Knight of Zero

Sorry for the double post but this isn't necroposting and I don't think making another topic for this is right so...

Around what level should my guys be after Part 1?

In that case, you should be able to get all of your first tiers promoted at the very least. I don't know if you feel like boss-abusing in 1-4 and 1-E, but if you do some putting you finger on the scale, so to speak, you can probably get a few people a couple levels into promo. For units like Zihark, you can slap Paragon on him and he can easily get to 20/7 or 20/8 or so. Micaiah can get a lotof CEXP in 1-9, so that's not a huge issue, you should be able to cap her. Abusing the Sacrifice->Heal combo with Laura helps.

It's hard to say because you're traning so many people.

In that case, you should be able to get all of your first tiers promoted at the very least. I don't know if you feel like boss-abusing in 1-4 and 1-E, but if you do some putting you finger on the scale, so to speak, you can probably get a few people a couple levels into promo. For units like Zihark, you can slap Paragon on him and he can easily get to 20/7 or 20/8 or so. Micaiah can get a lotof CEXP in 1-9, so that's not a huge issue, you should be able to cap her. Abusing the Sacrifice->Heal combo with Laura helps.

It's hard to say because you're traning so many people.

I was going to do the Sacrifice+Heal combo for them and train up most of my people to a good level on the Chapter where we get Tormod I think it is 1-9 Part 3 will be interesting with levels and Part 4's going to be even more interesting. They don't have a lot of Abuseable Bosses this time unlike the last one where they had Ena, Petrine, Betram, the boss on Chapter 16, etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about Part 4, because everything is Level Ridiculous and you'll probably come out the other end of it with all of your people at 20/20/20 or close to it. Your hardest leg is probably going to be Part 3 GM chapters, where you have fewer people. Part 3 DB is going to be sticky in 3-6, but you'll level up really quickly and the problem will solve itself.

For abusing in Part 1, I'd recommend 1-4 (heal pots: this is great because the laguz are worth a lot of CEXP, and Eddie/Leo can really use the help), 1-7 (the Tormod level you mentioned, which has a Sieze square that heals the boss), and 1-E (both Jarod on a Sieze, as well as PHysic priests that you can Glare with Nailah).

Good luck.

I really don't like Meg. And Ilyana and Pelleas are counted as Dawn Brigade units. I think so at least. Ilyana is there before even Meg is and she can be used in part 3 where I would have problems just using Ike as my main unit there minus Jill and Zihark who come later. As for Pelleas he was there for a good time just never as a playable unit. I just always thought he was a Dawn Brigade Member. So that is why no Meg or Fiona.