The good and bad of each FE

luigi bros

Say here what you think is the good and bad about each FE game.

FE1

Good:It started the series

Bad:Too basic and unfinished, and looks bad

FE2

Good:The world map

Bad:Too basic and looks bad

FE3

Good:Too stories

Bad:Low caps

FE4

Good:Two generations, excellant story holy blood large maps

Bad:Maps can be too large. The Yied Desert is one example

FE5

Good:Decent difficulty

Bad:It can get too dificult

FE6

Good:Nice difficult and fun

Bad:It can be at times too dificult and Roy promotes too late

FE7

Good:It introduced many people to FE and it's pretty fun

Bad:At times it's too easy

FE8

Good:A world map

Bad:It can be too easy

FE9

Good:Nice story and difficuly

Bad:Too long and insane Trial Map Character requirements

FE10

Good:Long game and multible parts

Bad:Because of multible parts many units are under leveled

FE11

Good:Wi-Fi

Bad:Massive regression in the series and awful story. Characters have no personality unless they are important

Edited by luigi bros

Say here what you think is the good and bad about each FE game.

FE1

Good:It started the series

Bad:Too basic and unfinished, and looks bad

It's finished, alright. And it looks fine (Except the mugshots. >_>)

FE2

Good:The world map

Bad:Too basic and looks bad

I'd argue that Gaiden's more advanced than FE3.

FE3

Good:Too stories

Bad:Low caps

Not like higher caps were needed. Especially in lolBook 1.

FE4

Good:Two generations, excellant story holy blood large maps

Bad:Maps can be too large. The Yied Desert is one example

Eh, Yied Desert more or less covers the typical annoying Fire Emblem Desert level. Your argument's not too far off though

FE5

Good:Decent difficulty

Bad:It can get too dificult

That depends.

FE6

Good:Nice difficult and fun

Bad:It can be at times too dificult and Roy promotes too late

I'd say the problem isn't the difficulty (Not really hard), but rather that it took steps back from FE5.

FE7

Good:It introduced many people to FE and it's pretty fun

Bad:At times it's too easy

Agreed.

FE8

Good:A world map

Bad:It can be too easy

Agreed. Though it's pretty much always easy.

FE9

Good:Nice story and difficuly

Bad:Too long and insane Trial Map Character requirements

Same deal as FE6's Trial Characters. Also, I hear the difficulty is laughable (Except Hard Mode and of course, Japan's Maniac Mode)

FE10

Good:Long game and multible parts

Bad:Because of multible parts many units are under leveled

Agreed. Though that's more the fault of character distribution than the parts themselves.

FE11

Good:Wi-Fi

Bad:Massive regression in the series and awful story. Characters have no personality unless they are important

I'd say it's a progression in some senses. Other than some things (lolSedgar and Wolf), the game's pretty damn balanced. Plus, I'd say the selectable difficulties is a wonderful thing. Also H5.

FE8

Good: Classes, usable weapons for classes, dragonspear, skirmishes,

sacred twin weapons come before the end of the game, S weapons are

useful, characters' stats fit their classes, colors in general

Bad: rushed story, lords only use one weapon, Luna is crap.

FE1

+Pretty much invented SRPGs

-Healers. Gain EXP. By getting attacked. Only.

FE2

+Implemented something completely new to FE such as World Map

-Grinding

FE3

+Perfect

-Too perfect

FE4

+Lover system, character, leadership, the weapon triangle, the semi-trinity of magic, large maps, holy blood, Human!Final Boss, OST

-A few glitches, too short, very broken, no Fire Emblem to speak of (unless one of the Velthomer's are carrying it with them at all times)

FE5

+Development, the fatigue system, capture, fog of war, x # of turns to complete, diversity

-Feels very unfinished, RNG, (still no Fire Emblem, whooo)

FE6

+Supports

-Every chapter is capture the castle

FE7

+Supports effect the ending, FE5's diversity comes back

-Shallow characters, mary-sue, useless Fire Emblem

FE8

+World Map is brought back from FE2, a multitude of endings effected by supports

-Too easy, short

FE9

+Convoy, return of FE4!dancers (minus ability to attack), Human!Final Boss

-No endings, laguz, too much Rolf sandbagging

FE10 (from what I can tell from anyway)

+Third Tier

-SUPPORTS

FEDS

+Wifi online play, class change, online shop, OST

-Hey, it's a remake, what do you expect? Oh wait. Book II.

Edited by Asaa

Every FE

Good: Every game seems to have some sort of NEW AND EXCITING FEATURE

Bad1: The NEW AND EXCITING FEATURE is usually bleh

Bad2: Lords tend to be less interesting/just as uninteresting as the rest of the cast

no Fire Emblem to speak of (unless one of the Velthomer's are carrying it with them at all times)

thats like whining that Final Fantasy games suck because no one ever says Final Fantasy ingame

-Hey, it's a remake, what do you expect? Oh wait. Book II.

most people dont seem to get that it was [supposed to be] an FE1 remake and not FE3

Edited by Jedor

It's finished, alright. And it looks fine (Except the mugshots. >_>)

I disagree.

I'd argue that Gaiden's more advanced than FE3.

It was less enjoyable at least. But I see your point.

Not like higher caps were needed. Especially in lolBook 1.

It made it less enjoyable.

Eh, Yied Desert more or less covers the typical annoying Fire Emblem Desert level. Your argument's not too far off though

I know. But it's still annoying.

That depends.

I think it gets annoying.

I'd say the problem isn't the difficulty (Not really hard), but rather that it took steps back from FE5.

I agree. But it's still enjoyable.

Agreed. Though it's pretty much always easy.

I don't think so. It can be hard at times but only at times.

Same deal as FE6's Trial Characters. Also, I hear the difficulty is laughable (Except Hard Mode and of course, Japan's Maniac Mode)

It isn't that hard but it isn't too hard. In FE6 you only have to do a most 9. In this game it's 15

I disagree.

There's a difference between looking terrible, and just being old.

FE6 has a story comparable to the original Shadow Dragon, but 5 games and many years later. Couple it together with the fact that it's a huge step back...

Then again, I'm just biased against FE6.

FE 3

Yays: Neat remake ported to a console with higher abilities, book 2.

Nays: Losses of some things from the original.

FE 4

Yays: Weapon triangle, division of magic, storyline, 2 Generation system, skills, lovers, leadership, multiple castles to seize per chapter, commanders, incest.

Nays: Easy, no balance.

FE 5:

Yays: Challenging, movement stars, storyline, fog of war, rescue, capture, personal weapons, soundtrack, fatigue, enemy Cyas.

Nays: Unfinished.

FE 6:

Yays: Supports convos, semi-remake of the original.

Nays: Went back to basics by deleting skills, weapon/magic units, unification of nature magic.

FE 7:

Yays: In America/Europe.

Nays: Just boring IMO. Less trips across the continent unlike in FE 6.

FE 8:

Yays: Not as linear, customization.

Nays: Easy, boring and not terribly fitting monsters.

FE 9:

Yays: Convoy, better support system, laguz, bonus experience, redivision of the nature magic.

Nays: No endings, boring soundtrack, sluggish animations.

FE 10:

Yays: Soundtrack, third tier, parts, no animations.

Nays: Supports could've been better, character development for the new kids.

Edited by Dio

thats like whining that Final Fantasy games suck because no one ever says Final Fantasy ingame

No, not really.

most people dont seem to get that it was [supposed to be] an FE1 remake and not FE3

Who said otherwise?

No, not really.

no it really is its the most retarded complaint ever I mean god forbid the title be just a regular title

Who said otherwise?

Expecting Book 2 from an FE1 remake implies you are thinking its FE3. You said otherwise

Edited by Jedor

I disagree.

Old =/= Awful. It's just old. Except for the Mugshots. THOSE are awful.

It made it less enjoyable.

FE5 has the same deal with caps. What is the point of having higher caps if the enemies don't even take advantage of it? Like that damn ballistae in Book 2 (lol@mostly zeroes)

I know. But it's still annoying.

Then that's more of a fault with the terrain than the map size.

I think it gets annoying.

Not if you know what you're doing.

Didn't say it wasn't.

I don't think so. It can be hard at times but only at times.

No, not really. FE5 is hard. Those times are more of nuisances than anything.

Ankoku

Good: Started the series, strategy and RPG in one.

Bad: Green stone floors...? Atrocious level design without any excuse for it :(

Gaiden

Good: Unique gameplay compared to the rest of the series.

Bad: Level design can be empty at times, and there's no real "drive" to the game other than successive victories.

Monshou

Good: Expanded upon the original game (and Gaiden, technically).

Bad: Graphics and system were dated even with its early release. That's fucking sad.

Seisen

Good: Wonderful concept and execution; also unique compared to the rest of the series.

Bad: Level design and concept limits gameplay by making back tracking excessive.

BSFE

Good: Reveals parts of Marth's games that weren't shown.

Bad: Still horrible graphics, yet updated mugs creating clashing styles. Even for a download title, it's far, far worse than Monshou's lack-luster appearance.

Thracia

Good: Perhaps the essential Fire Emblem experience, sans plot.

Bad: Game is mostly left "unfinished" due to its initial nature of release--this creates most of the real problems the game faces. Sadly, this far outweighs the good.

Fuuin

Good: Paid homage to the original in more ways than one--even down to the commercial. Nice concept.

Bad: Took Thracia and fixed the unpolished, and then saturated everything that made it good in favor of giving a handheld-tailored look.

Rekka

Good: Introduced series to foreign markets; good music. Best concept for separate Lord routes, even if differences are minute overall.

Bad: Story was bland. Some chapters looking horrible.

Seima

Good: Referenced earlier games, including Gaiden--loved the monsters being reintroduced. Fixed the worst aspects of the previous two games.

Bad: The game was incredibly short compared to the rest of the series, and offered little challenge. Plot couldn't excuse these.

Souen

Good: Cast itself back to the style of Monshou and Thracia, which is amazing considering the watered-down games of the GBA.

Bad: Didn't try on some of the models of the overworld. "Localization devilry" begins.

Akatsuki

Good: All about the gameplay ^_^

Bad: Stubbed plots leave little other than gameplay. Good summary... but it's just a summary of what happened after Souen.

New Ankoku

Good: ... I can't believe Monshou couldn't accomplish this.

Bad: Could've used more extras. I for one preferred it to be an exact remake, including its "limited" style of gameplay.

2 things missing from the FEDS part:

+ Balance and Reclass system.

Good stuff right there.

Nah, I mentioned it in my rebuttal to luigi bros.

Except for Sedgar and Wolf, the game's pretty balanced.

no it really is its the most retarded complaint ever I mean god forbid the title be just a regular title

No, not really as in it's not the same as Final Fantasy (which was named for an entirely different reason) where the Fire Emblem of said series actually exists in every Fire Emblem Title except. The fact that I have to revert into saying of the few downfalls of Geneolagy of the Holy War can only mean that there are very few faults with it. Of course I'm going to put it down seeing as this is the Good and the Bad of each title. Why on earth would anyone complain that something so trivial effect the gameplay so much? Might it have been because it was a satirical comment?

Expecting Book 2 from an FE1 remake implies you are thinking its FE3. You said otherwise

Once again, sarcasm leaks from the comment. "Hey, it's a remake, what do you expect? Oh wait. Book II."

Many people were in fact expecting a FE3 remake because making them separately or just not making the second book brings mixed feelings among the fans.

No, not really as in it's not the same as Final Fantasy (which was named for an entirely different reason) where the Fire Emblem of said series actually exists in every Fire Emblem Title except. The fact that I have to revert into saying of the few downfalls of Geneolagy of the Holy War can only mean that there are very few faults with it. Of course I'm going to put it down seeing as this is the Good and the Bad of each title. Why on earth would anyone complain that something so trivial effect the gameplay so much? Might it have been because it was a satirical comment?

text, etc.

Once again, sarcasm leaks from the comment. "Hey, it's a remake, what do you expect? Oh wait. Book II."

Many people were in fact expecting a FE3 remake because making them separately or just not making the second book brings mixed feelings among the fans.

text, etc.

so are you saying FEDS is perfect i mean your only negative comment is sarcasm so it must be GREAT

fucking hate quotes

Edited by Jedor

FE4:

+ Weapons can be repaired, excellent arena system, pairings affect 2nd generation

- Maps are too damn large, mounted units > all, balance doesn't exist

FE5:

+ Many new features such as being able to capture enemies

- Unfair at times (due to having to rely on the RNG), stupid RNG, some Skills are totally broken (lol Wrath), very limited selection of magic

FE6:

+ High difficulty while not being cheap (...well, usually), sympathic characters, you actually have to do work to get your S-rank weapons

- Always has the same goal, slightly boring at times

FE7:

+ Three lords, good story, excellent German translation, feels the most balanced out of all FEs

- Enemies can't dodge for life, way too damn few promoted enemies, supports take forever to build, Eliwood Hard mode essentially is the same as Eliwood Normal mode, Luna essentially breaks the game

FE8:

+ World Map, optional level grinding

- Lame story, lame difficulty even on Hard mode, too short, too few characters

FE9:

+ Good story, sympathic characters, BEXP, excellent support system, re-introducement of wind, fire and thunder magic branches

- Laguz units suck, many S-rank weapons are unobtainable or outright suck (lol Double Bow), no dark magic

FE10:

+ 3rd Tier classes

- Enemies have way too much LUK, the changing armies thing is annoying, the DB is basically worthless because of the h4x that is the GMs, support system became lame, battle saves are very abusable, biorhythm became too important and annoying, balance became basically non-existant

FE11:

+ Lots of different difficulties, class swap

- Story is non-existant, characters have no personality, too short, many master seals come too late, some items are limited to the online shop which not everyone has access to, retarded requirements to get into gaiden chapters

FE4

Good:Lots of nice characters, Lover System, 2 Generations,Holy Blood System

Bad:Way too easy, most subs suck, and excessively large maps.

FE5

Good:Pretty nice difficulty, lots of major gameplay additions

Bad:It feels rushed sometimes

FE6

Good:Quite fun and simple

Bad:Perhaps too simple

FE7

Good:It's a better version of FE6, with cooler villains and heroes

Bad:Nothing much to say here, only a few nitpicks on Sue personalities.

FE8

Good:Quite fresh, being the first US FE to have FE2's style of progression.

Bad:It's as easy as FE4, and lots of uninteresting characters.

Here's what I think of the series:

FE1 Pros: Good design and gameplay for its time. Interesting weapons

Cons: Lots of lousy weapons and weak, generic characters.

FE2 Pros: Unique, long, and gives you a lot of freedom.

Cons: Balance is probably worse than FE1, and the terrain bonuses are ridiculous.

FE3 Pros: Gameplay is much faster, and the weapons are starting to be a bit more balanced. FE1 remake is a great bonus.

Cons: Shares weak character problem with FE1.

FE4 Pros: Cluster of new features, great soundtrack and characters.

Cons: Balance went even deeper down the gutter. Maps can have too much walking without enough action at times.

FE5 Pros: Pretty solid in all categories, good challenge.

Cons: Can be too hard for its own good, and for annoying reasons. (Status staves, leadership stars, dependence on luck for high ranks.)

FE6 Pros: Refreshingly basic and easy compared to FE5. Introduced the support system.

Cons: Took away a lot of features added from the past two games.

FE7 Pros: Brought Fire Emblem across the world.

Cons: Really similar to FE6, even though that's expected.

FE8 Pros: Trainees, world map, branched promotion.

Cons: Easy, creature campaign is simply tedious.

FE10 Pros: Nice and long, third tier promotions fun to play around with.

Cons: Parts of the game feel tacked on, gets pretty old after one or two playthroughs.

FE11 Pros: Weapons and classes balanced much better than the last remake, and it added some neat Wi-Fi features, class swap, and forging.

Cons: Pre-promotes handled very poorly, STILL too many weak, generic characters.

There's a difference between looking terrible, and just being old.

FE6 has a story comparable to the original Shadow Dragon, but 5 games and many years later. Couple it together with the fact that it's a huge step back...

Then again, I'm just biased against FE6.

I know. I just think old looks bad XD

I guess. But at least the characters have personality.

I can see that.