Command and Conquer 4

Fox

So I'd like to talk to you guys about the newest--

What's this?

No bases,

Online-only,

Population cap,

Final Destination.

Here is a screenshot to give this thread the illusion of substance.

CC4.jpg

Hey, on the bright side, it's fifty dollars I'll be able to spend on something not-shitty.

Edited by Fox

Online-only

This of course will not be cracked and disabled within the first several weeks of release and included in all pirate copies from that point forward, thus serving to do nothing but minorly inconvenience legitimate users.

Commmand and Conquer? I'm sorry--you must be mistaken--the last Command and Conquer released was Red Alert 2 in '99. Then Westwood closed. This is just EA fucking it's corpse.

Edited by Le Communard

It's like the "Super Mario Bros 2" of strategy gaming. Like they just slapped the C&C tag on an original IP late in development to help it sell well.

They could have called it "Call of Duty:Generals" and it would still work. It's just that generic. :/ (yes I realise Call of Duty is not property of EA)

It's like the "Super Mario Bros 2" of strategy gaming. Like they just slapped the C&C tag on an original IP late in development to help it sell well.

They could have called it "Call of Duty:Generals" and it would still work. It's just that generic. :/ (yes I realise Call of Duty is not property of EA)

Well, it did have some Command and Conquer elements, just they were so co-opted as to be mostly unrecognizable.

Edited by Le Communard

Generals was amazing. Especially with EAs traditional "Add a bunch of sides and make things unbalanced as shit" move when they made Zero Hour. That game is one of the games I have played the most. I still play it. If you slap something like Shockwave Mod on that puppy and LAN it up, it's INSANE.

actually don't you mean red alert 3 which was released just this year I believe? And yes fuck only online even though the computer sometimes isn't all that great. Unless you set it to the highest difficulty level its not all that challenging.

actually don't you mean red alert 3 which was released just this year I believe? And yes fuck only online even though the computer sometimes isn't all that great. Unless you set it to the highest difficulty level its not all that challenging.

No he meant

Red alert 2 in '99.
Because after that was released
Westwood closed

It would also help to use the quote function to avoid confusion especially when replying to something 11 posts above you.

actually don't you mean red alert 3 which was released just this year I believe?

No, I don't.

this was what I'm talking about you idiot

I know, because you totally established context beforehand, right? Next time, try to restrain the urge to be a dumb motherfucker and quote the post you're responding to.

Edit: Also, commas.

Edited by Fox

• 2 weeks later...

Commmand and Conquer? I'm sorry--you must be mistaken--the last Command and Conquer released was Red Alert 2 in '99. Then Westwood closed. This is just EA fucking it's corpse.

I agree. Westwood C&C is where it's at... Though Command and Conquer Red Alert is my favorite, especially with it's expansion packs Counterstrike and Aftermath.