FESD Tournament.

Since apparently enough people like the Wi-fi in this game and the other dude MIA... I'll throw one with a few differences.

Anyway, here's how this one's gonna go down, you sign up and include your NDS name (the one that shows up when you're playing on FESD), friend code and whether or not you wish to sign up for the "special condition". (I'll explain in a bit) and follow the simple procedure...

1 round per week, less time if you all allow it by getting your rounds done quickly. The number of matches you want to in your round do is up to you and your opponent as in best 2 out of 3, best 3 out of 5, best 4 out 7 and so on as long as you and your opponent agree and decide this part before you start your round.

After enough people sign up, I'll set up the bracket and the due date for the first round. You and your opponent must finish by the due date, failure will remove you both or just one depending on the situation. Contact each other to set the time for you 2 to do the match is your responsibility.

The special condition is simply this: Absolutely no Brave weapons and forges. Why this? Because some of us grow sick and tired of seeing Braves and Forges all the damn time and such matches can be more and less repetitive.

This will apply to whichever round you desire and you'll be paired up to someone who has agreed the same. In the event that say... 7 people want this, 1 will have to voluntarily play by regular and if nobody wants to volunteer, random selection will have to do.

Rules:

1. Dazzle and Apoptrope only. You may suggest use of another card and you will be able to use it in a match if there's another opponent who wants the same.

2. (Optional) Keep a play-by-play record of your matches with your stats and your opponents'. If you can record it with a camera or something for others to see later, great.

Yeah that's pretty much it... I'll randomize stage selection for you after you tell me how many battles you'll do with your opponent in your round. Host selection will be done like so:

1st: Randomized.

2nd: Loser hosts.

3rd: Randomized again.

4th: Loser of round 3.

5th: Randomized again.

6th: Loser of round 5.

7th: Randomized yet again.

and so on.

So yeah... again, just post saying you'll sign up, NDS name, FC and whether or not you want Braves+Forges or No Braves+Forges in the first round.

If you have any questions, either post them here or PM me but DO PM me or edit your post with a new question in if you were the last one to post here to avoid doubleposting. Also, please do not constantly bump this with the same question, if it fails the first time, resort to PM.

Ok so sign up if you want in.

Currently signed up:

1. Robert

2. Meteor.

3. Tatsumaki.

4. Quanchino.

EDIT: Alright screw this, it's not happening.

Edited by Fireman
Anyone that has any issues with the closing of this topic should take it up with '?!'

I'll sign up. No special conditions.

Name: Rob

FC: 0903-8121-0356

(I was Kempf or Spectral Archer in the 1st tourney.)

Edited by Robert

I'll sign up.

DS name: Sylvan

FC: 330883624286

The rules sound a bit "meh", IMO. They stop braves, but don't limit RNG abuse. Also, the use of Dazzle stops people using Apotrope. I'll sign up for them with a tentative yes, but I can think of a few teams which will be broken.

Edited by Sylvan

I'll sign up.

DS name: Sylvan

FC: 330883624286

The rules sound a bit "meh", IMO. They stop braves, but don't limit RNG abuse. Also, the use of Dazzle stops people using Apotrope. I'll sign up for them with a tentative yes, but I can think of a few teams which will be broken.

What do you suggest?

Do you mean for a team?

Sages come to mind. With 30 mag, and enough def/hp to survive being doubled, they can 2 hit KO people, counter from 1-2 range, heal and use swarm. Without RNG abuse, there is no way you'll get enough 30 mag sages, but with RNG abuse, it should be a simple ordeal.

Edited by Sylvan

Do you mean for a team?

Sages come to mind. With 30 mag, and enough def/hp to survive being doubled, they can 2 hit KO people, counter from 1-2 range, heal and use swarm. Without RNG abuse, there is no way you'll get enough 30 mag sages, but with RNG abuse, it should be a simple ordeal.

About the rules.

I think he wants to use a different card.

Oh, and I want to sign up, but my new team is waiting on braves and such. And it's a bit unreasonable (magic and resistance for physical users).

Edited by cheezperson

1. Dazzle only. You may suggest use of another card and you will be able to use it in a match if there's another opponent who wants the same.

Two things, one this is unenforceable. If I know the opponent is going to be using dazzle, I can equip adamant and get +1 def, nobody is the wiser. Second is that it restricts classes like horsemen, paladins, generals, manaketes and flying units.

2. Reasonable RES and MAG spread among your physical units. A full team of physical units with maxed MAG and RES is rather unfair against those who lack that so try to use a team that isn't too heavy on MAG and RES. If you have a problem with this, just contact me (by PM) and I'll see if you team's reasonable or not. (This one may be removed depending on the opinions of the participants.

If you put a limit in place, people are going to go at that limit. Saying res and mag are limited, is going to incline people to max every other stat. Hey, it happens.

3. (Optional) Keep a play-by-play record of your matches with your stats and your opponents'. If you can record it with a camera or something for others to see later, great.

This is cool =D

Aside from that, I don't actually have any suggestions. If you can live with those restrictions, there is nothing wrong with it, and of course, just trust people not to abuse them and it's all good.

Two things, one this is unenforceable. If I know the opponent is going to be using dazzle, I can equip adamant and get +1 def, nobody is the wiser. Second is that it restricts classes like horsemen, paladins, generals, manaketes and flying units.

Dazzle and Apotrope it is then.

If you put a limit in place, people are going to go at that limit. Saying res and mag are limited, is going to incline people to max every other stat. Hey, it happens.

So no limit then?

Two things, one this is unenforceable. If I know the opponent is going to be using dazzle, I can equip adamant and get +1 def, nobody is the wiser. Second is that it restricts classes like horsemen, paladins, general

Have only host equip the card. Problem solved.

So no limit then?

This works much better for me, but I realize it's worse for others.

Edited by Meteor

Count me in as well. Also, my previous team was deleted and I have another team that could possibly take its place, but I'm not sure if stats is going to be acceptable. I have 2 levin SMs with 18 mag.

Critical is annoying.

"Yay! I Critical! In your face! HAHA!"

"***&%^(#$)@$! Stupid critical! %^&*$%)^($%)^ You only won because of luck.$%#$%^@#$%@#$%&"

The solution: no critical.

Not true. Braves have 99.9999999% chance of attacking twice. Criticals only have said chance of critting. Therefore the loser will say you won because the 50% crit, the 20% crit activated, and if they didn't, they would have won. ECT.

I think I might just have tis closed... not enough people seem interested.

Can I suggest a rule? No cards. This is fair because not everyone has all the cards. Also, this prevents people from saying things like oh you only one from that card. If this is taken into consideration or at least give more of a selection of cards, I'll join.

No.