Qucik Questions

Finally decided to play this and realized that I liked a few of the new characters.

Question is, who should I kill to get those characters and when? (aka, i want the sidequests)

Edited by Eltoshen

Picking locks can be obsoleted by keys, but most find a thief convenient anyway, so I do recommend Julian. You can kill off Ricardo.

Door Keys are only buyable in Chapters 8, 10, 14, 16, and the Final, though, and they're 200 a pop. Meanwhile, Julian isn't terrible at combat in the mid/endgame, so it's a win-win situation.

And I know you know this, and I don't know why I'm telling you this.

Sure, you can obsolete a Thief with keys, but why would you want to? Thieves are just too convenient. The only water keys really hold is tier argument to pay 200 for a horsie to unlock doors. Actually, I'm not sure if that's even a good argument anymore. Probably situational where a cavalier carrying keys is better.

Edited by Rody

Yeah, I found that Rickard and Julian's lock picking was overlooked a lot when they dropped on the list.

I remember someone wanted Rickard to fall below Est and Lorenz. If Rickard does nothing in his life but pick locks, he's much, much more useful than those two.

Tell me if this is a good party.

Kain

Sheeda

Oguma

Barts

Julian

Lena

Nabarl

Merric

Wolf

Zagarro

Athena

Minerva

Xane (wtf did they name Chainey? >_> )

Horace

Tiki/Nagi

Any suggestions on how to raise certain characters and what classes I should have them as? Or is that option not available on your first playthrough?

Oh yeah, if I'm missing somebody important, please tell me.

Tell me if this is a good party.

Kain

Sheeda

Oguma

Barts

Julian

Lena

Nabarl

Merric

Wolf

Zagarro

Athena

Minerva

Xane (wtf did they name Chainey? >_> )

Horace

Tiki/Nagi

Seems fine to me. What mode is it?

Any suggestions on how to raise certain characters and what classes I should have them as? Or is that option not available on your first playthrough?

Colonel M has his character rating guides. They give you the best class setups for each characters.

I would personally take out Minerva and Horace, but that's your call. Minerva in her original class gets no stat into the twenties (besides her 31 HP at lv. 20).

Horace is the same, except for his 41 HP at lv. 20, and twenty-two defense at lv. 20

I'd choke off one of the unpromoted units if you can. Keep Lena unpromoted and such. Seems fine otherwise.

Horus can go to Hero or stay as a General in the NM at least. Hero might not be so bad if you're commited to building the Axe rank and tossing him the Arms Scroll (not that difficult). Only reason I mention Hero is due to General not being "as useful" in NM.

Edited by Colonel M

I would personally take out Minerva and Horace, but that's your call. Minerva in her original class gets no stat into the twenties (besides her 31 HP at lv. 20).

18 AS is enough to double on Normal mode. Minerva's more than usuable.

H5 is arguably the hardest hard mode in Fire Emblem, though, so have fun.

Not really, they just upped the stats. You have 2 save spots and forges. Not to mention really good tanks, easy arena ect.

Edited by Robert

H5 is arguably the hardest hard mode in Fire Emblem, though, so have fun.

Not really, they just upped the stats. You have 2 save spots and forges. Not to mention really good tanks, easy arena ect.

You haven't played H5 then.

You haven't mastered the arena then.

Most all the arenas are so easy to manipulate.

Actually, it is a shame to say the arena in this game is difficult when you have 3 save spots a chapter.

Edited by Robert

You shouldn't be using the arena anyway. It's true you need to hold back on H5 to get the most out of it, but I recommend doing so anyway since if you want to trivialize the game there's a normal mode for you to do so.