Need Screen Capture help.

Big Klingy

I'm not really sure where this topic should go but...

I'm currently trying to record a playthrough of FE4 using a screen capture device. The problem is, no matter which device I use, (Camstudio, Hypercam, etc.) No sound is recorded.

It definatly seems to be a compatability problem involving my Sound Card (SigmaTel Audio BTW)

What I need to know is, is there anyone who knows if I can get SigmaTel Audio compatible with a screen capture device (very unlikely)

OR

If anyone here HAS got a screen capture device to work and record sound (from speakers), please tell me the device you used and your Sound Card.

I had problems with my sound too D: Don't take any of this as actual help, but random stammering that may aid you.

In CamStudio, make sure that your recording device is the correct one, obviously. Past that, make sure in whatever software that controls your soundcard has its line-in or whatever turned to a audible point. I don't have CamStudio with me at the moment but you may also want to fiddle with various recording lines--there's a lot of issues with no sound coming on Vistas that can be fixed with a little switch-flicking. Check on their page or google the like ('CamStudio Vista no sound') and see if any leads turn up.

Sorry you have an issue though... :(

Ok, I've just got a new microphone, and it works fine. It can even be huld up to the speakers to record in decent sound quality, but I now have another problem...

The sound de-syncs with the video. (e.g. you hear Cuan hit with his lance a few seconds before you see it) I've heared that it's a very common problem, but it can get annoying. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix it?

Ok, I've just got a new microphone, and it works fine. It can even be huld up to the speakers to record in decent sound quality, but I now have another problem...

The sound de-syncs with the video. (e.g. you hear Cuan hit with his lance a few seconds before you see it) I've heared that it's a very common problem, but it can get annoying. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix it?

You should use the program Virtual Dub (its free) and use this video

if that dosen't work try this method

(parts at 1:43 even tho it says vba it should work for ZSNES or W/E emulator you are using.) If those still don't work try this one Recording Videos on Zsnes. Edited by Jason W.

You can get both the mic and stereo recorded at the same time, which I find best. Try looking of some how-to videos on Let's Plays and see if you find anything useful.

You should use the program Virtual Dub (its free) and use this video

if that dosen't work try this method

(parts at 1:43 even tho it says vba it should work for ZSNES or W/E emulator you are using.) If those still don't work try this one Recording Videos on Zsnes.

The second option worked perfectly. Thanks a lot.