CRASH LOVES MIST

Jaybee

Anyway, the only good Dark tome ever used is Balberith.

What. The. Fucking. Hell.

Flux and FE7 Luna say hi.

Disregarding the SS Rank, Balberith pretty much stomps Luna/Flux. 75 hit is only SLIGHTLY worse than FE7 Flux's 80. But 15 MT > 8 MT. And it might have 15 WT, but it gives +5 STR for that and gives +6 WEXP. Better yet, it sells the highest on the market if you want to sell it, at a little over 13000 gold. Even if you don't WANT to use it, it's awesome. Also 10 crit.

You should compare it to other tomes in the same game. Balberith is notably inferior to the other RD SS tomes because the only thing it wins in is MT (which never amounts to much), and even its boost is a useless +3 Str. Luna has specific uses, but those situations make it extremely handy to have. Balberith is just a dud.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should compare it to other tomes in the same game. Balberith is notably inferior to the other RD SS tomes because the only thing it wins in is MT (which never amounts to much), and even its boost is a useless +3 Str.

Doesn't a unit's Strength affect Attack Speed? Because if it does, than Pelleas will appreciate the strength boost (and it might even allow him to double a couple more enemies).

You should compare it to other tomes in the same game. Balberith is notably inferior to the other RD SS tomes because the only thing it wins in is MT (which never amounts to much), and even its boost is a useless +3 Str.

Doesn't a unit's Strength affect Attack Speed? Because if it does, than Pelleas will appreciate the strength boost (and it might even allow him to double a couple more enemies).

Balberith weighs 15. Pelleas's base Str is 13, and he needs to promote to get SS in Dark anyway. Promotion gives him 4 Str. The +3 is useless for him.

Well, it's useless for Pelleas. Lehran comes with 11 Str, so the +3 would mean he can still double Auras naturally (brings him to 39 AS and Auras have 35), but since you need to actively use Pelleas and take him to Endgame just to bless the thing so it can even damage Auras, it's still pretty worthless.

Balberith weighs 15. Pelleas's base Str is 13, and he needs to promote to get SS in Dark anyway. Promotion gives him 4 Str. The +3 is useless for him.

Meh...it's still more useful than the extra 3 Luck that the Wishblade gives...

3 avoid, hit, and crit evade > nothing, buddy.

You're kidding right?

I give the Wishblade to Gatrie, who takes so little damage anyway, it's not really needed (besides, his luck stat is terrible anyway, so an extra 3 (well 8) won't do much).

You're kidding right?

I give the Wishblade to Gatrie, who takes so little damage anyway, it's not really needed (besides, his luck stat is terrible anyway, so an extra 3 (well 8) won't do much).

Why would you do that? Gatrie is rather slow thanks to his low speed cap, so he would rather want a Brave weapon.

Why would you do that? Gatrie is rather slow thanks to his low speed cap, so he would rather want a Brave weapon.

Notice the 8, which means Easy mode.

That also means Gatrie has a 37 Spd cap there.

It is 36 actually, as his Speed caps at 31.

And a speed of 36 will double every non-boss/aura unit.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

You're kidding right?

It won't do much. But it's more than the +3 STR from Balberith.

Notice the 8, which means Easy mode.

That also means Gatrie has a 37 Spd cap there.

I didn't even notice that earlier.

Lol easy mode

LCK is generally a worthless attribute for me. Normally because enemy crit rates are so low anyway.

So I use Wishblade as a pimped out Spear. That LCK bonus is worthless to me.

I <3 defensive upgrade weapons like Urvan and Vague Katti.

LCK is generally a worthless attribute for me. Normally because enemy crit rates are so low anyway.

So I use Wishblade as a pimped out Spear. That LCK bonus is worthless to me.

I <3 defensive upgrade weapons like Urvan and Vague Katti.

But why waste it on GATRIE, of all people? Give it to Nephenee for some delicious Impale Whoring instead.

But why use it on somebody average when you can use it on somebody AWESOME?

Nephenee is AWESOME Gatrie is pretty AWESOME too, but his AWESOMEness doesn't come anywhere near Neph's

Also, now that I'm finding all these other Mist haters, it makes me feel bad about deciding to like her.

By all, you mean one.

Two actually.

lolNephenee.

There's nothing to lol about!

She's not only awesome, but quite likely the only good Soldier in the entire series.

lolNephenee.

There's nothing to lol about!

She's not only awesome, but quite likely the only good Soldier in the entire series.

You mean one of only 3 soldiers in the game?

True, but my point still applies, the only other Soldiers (Aran and Devdan/Danved) suck.