FE3 promotion

Barrylocke

Well I made it to Chapter 10 in Book 1, and its getting close to promotion time for Oguma (2 levels to go) I know that in FE3, all stats but hp cap at 20. So would it be to my advantage to just promote asap, or should I at least get a couple more levels in before then. Since I barely use the arena (kinda scared of it in this game to be honest :/) how likely is it for characters to hit level 20 at this point, the midway spot? I know the next chapter has a knight proof that I'll probalby give to abel, so this question will apply to more than oguma soon.

Also, how many mage promotion items are there in book 1? I'd like to promote marich and linda, and drop rena or wendel when one of those two promote (yes, Im using all 4 at the moment).

Book 1 has 2 rings, in chapters 15 and 18.

Promotions work by class base ( except HP, who goes straight at the class base instead of substrating promoted class by unpromoted class ), so perhaps you might already cap some stats with these people. Enemies giving a set amount of experience points always struck me as easy to level up overlevelled people, but I didn't play book 1 in a while so I can't tell how many people you'll get to level 20 promoted.

In Book 1, there seems to be a severe shortage of Bishop Rings (mage/healer promotion). You get the first one quite late and I don't even know if you could get a third one outside Secret Shops. Rena is imo quite amazing after promotion because unlike Marich and Linda, she has a relatively huge Magic stat. Linda is still really good and Marich has the awesome Excalibur tome. It'll be hard to choose two between those three but if you already decided to kick out Rena, you should have no problems.

Also, you should definitely wait till 20 to promote even if you don't use the arena. The early game might be hard but the late game will be much easier.

Rena is imo quite amazing after promotion because unlike Marich and Linda, she has a relatively huge Magic stat.

they have the same base/growth and Merric gets 1 more mag on promo and is at a lower level so no not really

Furthermore, all Merric needs is a good tome or a power ring which nearly nobody else wants to consistently ORKO 0 res enemies

The early game might be hard but the late game will be much easier.

Book 1 isn't hard in general, and the lategame is already a joke. May as wlel make the earlygame a joke too since you're going to cap out stats long before you hit 20.

Edited by Germany

Thanks for the help, Im definitely enjoying my shiny new heros. And wow...Kashim really doesnt get much for promotion, and he's been pretty slow (he can still only double with iron bows, his str is really high and his skill is nice too though...)

When do I get my first dragon whip? Because Sheeda and Katua are also at level 9, and ready to promote soon. (At Chapter 14 btw)

...And on a slightly unrelated note, is it just me, or do those 2 blow Kain and Abel out of the water?

Thanks for the help, Im definitely enjoying my shiny new heros. And wow...Kashim really doesnt get much for promotion, and he's been pretty slow (he can still only double with iron bows, his str is really high and his skill is nice too though...)

Anyone who uses lolbows that's not named Jamka or Shinon can never be awesome. Still, I think Kashim is the best candidate for Partia in FE3. If his Weapon Level reaches that far, that is. His Str is really high compared to other characters.

When do I get my first dragon whip? Because Sheeda and Katua are also at level 9, and ready to promote soon. (At Chapter 14 btw)

From this very same site: Chapter 15. Also, it looks like there're only two Dragon whips in the game so if you plan on using all three sisters, then one of them will have to stay unpromoted (or two if you promoted Sheeda)

...And on a slightly unrelated note, is it just me, or do those 2 blow Kain and Abel out of the water?

The Pegasus Sisters are awesome in this game imo. Better than the Christmas Knights, yeah.

That's true, but she also has more defense than all of my other active party units (except the recently promoted Navarre) which I guess isn't so important if you have low hp like she does. Ah well, I like her, and she's been good to me.

And yeah, I never expect bow units to be AMAZING, but I usually have one in the active party. I loved my Sue in FE6.

And I was expecting him to have issues with weapon level. Kashim may be the person that gets my manual, since the other people Im thinking about giving Royal Weapons to have the Weapon Level to support it.

Everytime I start a playthrough, I always try to give Gordon his shot...but between his horrible speed and low movement, I just ditch him :/

Why do people uaually prefer Marich to Linda? Linda's been about on par with Marich (better speed/skill/luck, but she's frailer with less hp and defense) Is it just because he joins earlier?

One more chapter and I finally get to use Chiki. I've been doing ok overall, but last chapter I wound up having to use a Warp staff to save someone that was in danger...but the enemy was only ONE space out of range of the closest unit :facepalm:

EDIT: Oh, that location guide says that I get another in the chapter that I'm in. I don't feel so bad now.

Edited by Barrylocke

Sheeda has terrible Str, and it really shows at endgame when everyone caps Str while she's still at 10. She's mostly decent early game then should be ditched for other Pegasus Knights.

And yeah, I never expect bow units to be AMAZING, but I usually have one in the active party. I loved my Sue in FE6.

And I was expecting him to have issues with weapon level. Kashim may be the person that gets my manual, since the other people Im thinking about giving Royal Weapons to have the Weapon Level to support it.

Kashim in this game is better than pretty much any post-FE4 Archer.

Oops. I had went under the thought that I probably wasnt even going to 10/20 most of my characters, so it'd be ok to promote them asap. but Kashim gained 4 levels in 3 chapters (promoted him at the end of chapter 10), so I guess I could have gotten more levels out of him...

Is Est worth training up? I know her Miracle Sword+Star Orb helps alot, but is it still worth the time?

Why do people uaually prefer Marich to Linda? Linda's been about on par with Marich (better speed/skill/luck, but she's frailer with less hp and defense) Is it just because he joins earlier?

You answered your own question.

I think Est is pretty good. Together, the three of them could do the Triangle Attack.

Also, imo Linda is better than Marich in terms of stats but Excalibur > Aura so they both seem equal in my eyes.

I think Est is pretty good. Together, the three of them could do the Triangle Attack.

Does anybody really care about that in a game where Joe Blow from Idaho one rounds everything and doesn't care about taking a counter?

Also, imo Linda is better than Marich in terms of stats

how

Merric ORKOs everything on the map and has better durability

Linde ORKOs everything on the map and has worse durability plus has a level disadvantage so she's losing even more

• 2 weeks later...

And now I made it to chapter 16. Is it really as hard as I hear? Camus looks like he could be a tough boss to handle (for once) but Im sure I can manage him. Also, should I start going wild with Chiki's power, or conserve for a little bit? How fast can I expect those Dragonstone charges to run out?