FE4 character ratings

luigi bros

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my next 4Ranks run does anyone have any advice on getting them to level 30? Arden usually ends up at level 15, Sylvia at level 20 usually causing EXP problems later if I can't max out Leen's, Hannibal's, Yulia's, and Johan's Level later in the game. Alec and Noish usually Promote at chapter 5 because apparently I suck at using them and they end up at level 22-23 after attacking those level 30 mountain thieves with iron swords.

Noish and Alec don't have a secret to them. You just have to put them in the mounted rush squad and give them kills. They can use Horseslayer for OHKOs on mounted enemies, and they have access to Hero weapons (Hero Lance only post promo).

Ardan is much of the same but worse. His "saving grace" is that he has the Pursuit Ring for no gold cost whatsoever, so with some Prologue villages and other accumulated gold, he should be able to keep or borrow it plus the Hero Sword every chapter.

Really, gen 1 is just frustrating for the EXP rank because they insist on throwing EXTREMELY underleveled enemies at you, and you don't gain any EXP if you're 15+ levels higher than the enemy. I'm doing an Elite Mode run at the moment because fuck doing it the normal way.