Epic Wins, Epic Fails

Rewjeo

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I tried to have her heal, the enemy spontaniously gained 'pass' and seemed to follow some hidden path I didn't see before to molest her.

Right... <_< ...that's totally Mist's fault.

Obviously not Mist's fault, yet the glitch also happened to me in 1-7. One of the armors in the south went through Miccy that was standing next to Sothe (can't remember if she used Sacrifice on him). Let´s just say that it spared me an attack to get to Tormod with Sothe.

Epic wins:

Micky lvl. 20/15 capping all but HP and str without statboosters (yes, even speed)

Jill lvl. 20/20/18 capping all but skill

epic fail:

using those royal guard pegasi women (forgot their names)

Seriously? My 20/20/20 Micaiah wouldn't have had that without 2.5 speedwings DX

I don't know why they didn't keep fixed mode.

Might've been 16, though. Can't remember the EXACT number. It was pretty awesome, though. She got to 18 Spd mid-Second Promotion, anyway, probably.

Edited by The Eye of the Tigrex

• 2 weeks later...

Story time!

I was playing 3-7 today, running Ike down to try and NODAMAGE! the Black Knight. To be honest, as much as I love nurturing my silly little Dawn Brigade, I was so looking forward to kicking their asses with the much more hardcore Mercenaries. Or in this case, Ike and Shinon, but that's another story. Anyway, I run happy level 20 Ike down, 8 turns or so in, and Zihark attacks!

...Does three damage and dies horribly. Well, runs away. But still. I move forward, kill a few more faceless dudes, and, lo and behold, silly little Edward attacks!

...And proceeds to CRITICAL 30 DAMAGE - CANCEL Ike. I heal my poor lord back up with a vulnerary, move some other guys who don't matter to the story, and end turn. Edward attacks again!

ADEPT CRITICAL 30 DAMAGE. Ike dies.

...Frickin'. Edward. Killed. Ike. From nearly full health.

EDWARD.

I don't know whether this is a win or a fail.

(Another restart, Edward finally failed to crit, so Ike got to attack him. Ike's Adept even kicked in! Edward. Didn't. Die. It took an extra shot from Shinon to finish the little bugger off wtf. But I then got my round with the Black Knight and lived to run away, so it's all good)

EDWARD.

yeah, don't remember if I posted it here, but I made the mistake of giving my trueblade!Edward the resolve skill right before 3-E.

3-E: I kick Edward to about 10 hp, Eddie killed my entire team.

lesson of today: Eddie with resolve is near unbeatable

(I ended up waiting for Tibarn to finish him)

yeah, don't remember if I posted it here, but I made the mistake of giving my trueblade!Edward the resolve skill right before 3-E.

3-E: I kick Edward to about 10 hp, Eddie killed my entire team.

lesson of today: Eddie with resolve is near unbeatable

(I ended up waiting for Tibarn to finish him)

Dude, that is so awesome. Seriously.

I love Resolve. I gave it to Zihark last playthrough and he... er... Loved to use it. Skirted a few WAVES of varying tiger and cat laguz in 3-6 at 3 health. I watched in horror, waiting for him to die at any moment, as he dodged everything and crit everything in return so he had to keep dodging since he kept killing.

Ah, fun times.

Thanks for reminding me that I have to showdown with Edward again, though, I had totally forgotten about 3-E.

Dx

Um, allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of bronze weapons? Red units don't trade (except for healing items). Before ending 3-6 just arrange for certain powerful DB units to have bronze weapons in their inventory as the only ones they can wield. eg: Nolan and Edward trade weapons before ending 3-6 and Edward has a bronze sword + Nolan's good axes. Nolan has bronze axe + Ed's good swords. Easy kills in 3-7.

Just make sure you don't remove them of all the weapons they can wield. eg give Ed 7 axes. One of them will disappear and Ed will be given some kind of sword. Worst thing? You'll lose something of yours if you had maxed out his inventory with non-swords. And you don't even get to keep the extra sword when you get to 3-12. It will be gone, along with whatever it had temporarily replaced back in 3-7.

epic fail:

using those royal guard pegasi women (forgot their names)

You just called the Triangle attack Epic Fail, you realize...

Anyways.

Epic wins: Edward on 1-P. 1 HP, Pugo and a bandit haven't attacked yet. Enemy Phase... Pugo attacks, Misses, Edward crits and kills him (He had hit him the turn before, thus the reason he's down to 1). The other bandit comes in and misses and Ed Crits and kills him. End map.

2-3 done in 5 turns. Geoffrey is at 1 HP, Tashoria misses him, Geoffrey critiKILLS him with the Brave Lance, on a 3% or whatever his crit was. This is, of course, after Geoffrey dodged one of the Steel Longbowers on the ledges above, for two turns in a row. SEIZED WIN!

Epic Fails: Nolan missing 80+ hit rates like... 6 times on a row.

Haar almost dieing to EDWARD on 3-7 (EM).

You just called the Triangle attack Epic Fail, you realize...

triangle attack, isn't that just a critical?

if you want crit, take Mia or Eddie.

Marcia (maxed all stats but lck) being 1HKO'd by an archer on 4-E-2 (crit <_< ) is just one of my many reasons not to use the Pegasi in FE10.

at least Marcia did max all her stats (with BExp of course), the other 2 didn't.

triangle attack, isn't that just a critical?

if you want crit, take Mia or Eddie.

Marcia (maxed all stats but lck) being 1HKO'd by an archer on 4-E-2 (crit <_< ) is just one of my many reasons not to use the Pegasi in FE10.

at least Marcia did max all her stats (with BExp of course), the other 2 didn't.

K, tell me the next time you get a critical on Deghinsea, Sephiran, and Ashera.

K, tell me the next time you get a critical on Deghinsea, Sephiran, and Ashera.

This, precisely, due to their huge Luck yo won't get a chance to score good criticals, and hardly any at all.

This, precisely, due to their huge Luck yo won't get a chance to score good criticals, and hardly any at all.

Well, Luck has nothing to do with it. Mantle has Nihil and Fortune attached to it, so no crits and no battle skills evar vs them.

Haar almost dieing to EDWARD on 3-7 (EM).

Entirely possible if you did what I did to my Edward (TB).

Also, triangle attack isn't needed. Most of the time when you may want it, royals do the same thing for you.

Couple of things with that.

1: Elincia counts as a Peg Knight, so it's only 2 others needing to be raised. It's not as hard as you make it sound.

2: With a Wyrmslayer, they (Marcia/Sigrun/Tanith) can literally 3HKO Deghinsea... Much better than most other classes (outside of EM).

In this one instance, Royals are outclassed. Does that make them bad? Hell no, but let me ask this. Is 3 slots really that demanding for an insta gib on a boss?

why would you take the trouble of raising 3 pegasus knights while Ike, Micaiah (for healing)and 1 other 20/20/20 unit can easily take them on their own?

Because with that excuse, no one else would bother training any other characters.

Epic Win: Pelleas capped everything bar luck on my normal mode playthrough (I'm hell bent on using him. Leave me alone)

Nolan 1% crits a Soldier on 1-2

Edward Caps everything bar Magic and Res 20/18 letting me crown him early on 3-13 :awesome:

Epic Fail: 3-E (Nuff' Said), Edward equips brave sword, Attacks Titania, uses Astra And kills her.

Mia corrodes Jill's brave axe in 3-7 <_<

Lulz you actually use corrode?

There's nothing wrong with using corrode. I just don't understand how so many people screw up with it in chapters where you fight your other team or when fighting an enemy that drops things.