That One Thread

Florete

Yay! :newyears:

*offers cookies*

I should beat Spectrobes today! I need to do some more grinding, but the enemies here are so strong it's going along really really fast.

:awesome: B)

*Takes an oatmeal raisin one*

*gets the Amelia bait (milk) out*

Well, that, or just push through to the end of the game and hope you don't die before getting to the final boss(-es).

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Glad to see that I mean nothing.

What makes you think that?

In other news, I beat Super Mario Sunshine in 3:29.

Wow, that seems pretty fast. Congratulations!

Love you too Proto~

OH YES, I GOT UP AT THE BEST POSSIBLE TIME TODAY!!! Hi Rhythm~

That game is :awesome:

Yeah, I really need to play it.

Damn you were on early. Almost 1:30 your time.

Is that supposed to be early or late? Because I find it more likely that he stayed up at night rather than wake up really early.

:newyears:

Thread is dead.

Hi Rhythm~! How are you doing?

What makes you think that?

A - The fact that 'you'll be happy as long as you see Rhythm' line. Glad to see that I can't help any.

B - It had a strikethrough, which means not to take it at face value.

That won't break world records or anything, but it's fairly quick.

:awesome: B)

*Takes an oatmeal raisin one*

*gets the Amelia bait (milk) out*

Well, that, or just push through to the end of the game and hope you don't die before getting to the final boss(-es).

*takes chocolate one*

I lost one of my Spectrobes against a regular enemy. That tells me I need to do some grinding at least.

OH YES, I GOT UP AT THE BEST POSSIBLE TIME TODAY!!! Hi Rhythm~

Yeah, I really need to play it.

Is that supposed to be early or late? Because I find it more likely that he stayed up at night rather than wake up really early.

Hi Rhythm~! How are you doing?

It is. :newyears:

:lol: Hi Proto~!

When you get it, let us know.

Eh, late then. Very late.

Pretty good, just on my Wii at the moment. How're you?

I lost one of my Spectrobes against a regular enemy. That tells me I need to do some grinding at least.

Wow... when the generic enemies end up being too strong for your party, you definitely need to grind more.

It is. :newyears:

An entire GCN game in less than 4 hours...

:lol: Hi Proto~!

Hi Rhythm~!

When you get it, let us know.

Yup, I will.

Eh, late then. Very late.

Well, he's always online at that time.

Pretty good, just on my Wii at the moment. How're you?

I'm doing good, since I finally made it here on time.

*takes chocolate one*

Do you want any milk with it?

Well, I suppose that is a solid sign. Still, in some games, normal enemies are at or above boss level. :/

Wow... when the generic enemies end up being too strong for your party, you definitely need to grind more.

An entire GCN game in less than 4 hours...

Hi Rhythm~!

Yup, I will.

Well, he's always online at that time.

I'm doing good, since I finally made it here on time.

Yup~

I couldn't do it. I jump around too much. :lol:

:P

Good Proto~.

I hate staying up late... :/

Great to hear! :awesome:

Do you want any milk with it?

Well, I suppose that is a solid sign. Still, in some games, normal enemies are at or above boss level. :/

No thanks, I just had some cereal and milk. I'm good for now.

*eats cookie*

They're not in this one. :/

Alright, well it's here if you need some.

Oh. I see... :/

Okay, thanks Fayt!

Which means the final boss will be a challenge. :awesome:

Okay, thanks Fayt!

Which means the final boss will be a challenge. :awesome:

Don't mention it. ;)

Well, it's better than having a lame final boss. Still, there's nothing quite like the Nega Filgaia battle in Wild Arms 3. You have to fight Beatrice first, followed by 10 consecutive forms of the final boss. It's really challenging if you don't have enough healing items (which is definitely likely considering that they cannot be bought in any store.)

Don't mention it. ;)

Well, it's better than having a lame final boss. Still, there's nothing quite like the Nega Filgaia battle in Wild Arms 3. You have to fight Beatrice first, followed by 10 consecutive forms of the final boss. It's really challenging if you don't have enough healing items (which is definitely likely considering that they cannot be bought in any store.)

The one in Okami was too easy. In fact, all the bosses were. I had more trouble with regular enemies than with bosses in that game.

In this game you only get healing items for the main characters; there are none for the Spectrobes. To heal them, you have to collect blue orbs that enemies drop, or go to a save point. So there's no healing of Spectrobes mid-battle.

The one in Okami was too easy. In fact, all the bosses were. I had more trouble with regular enemies than with bosses in that game.

In this game you only get healing items for the main characters; there are none for the Spectrobes. To heal them, you have to collect blue orbs that enemies drop, or go to a save point. So there's no healing of Spectrobes mid-battle.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I think part of it is that the normal battles simply wear you down and drain your resources, so the bosses can finish you off.

Of course, there's always power-leveling, but that kind of ruins the challenge. Except of course on hard mode, where it's expected that you will power level and grind and it's still a challenge either way. SO3 is a prime example - even at level 255, the last three superbosses (well, 4 really if you count Super Blair) are quite challenging at level 255, especially on Universe and 4D mode (i.e. hard and maniac mode).

Yeah, I know the feeling. I think part of it is that the normal battles simply wear you down and drain your resources, so the bosses can finish you off.

Of course, there's always power-leveling, but that kind of ruins the challenge. Except of course on hard mode, where it's expected that you will power level and grind and it's still a challenge either way. SO3 is a prime example - even at level 255, the last three superbosses (well, 4 really if you count Super Blair) are quite challenging at level 255, especially on Universe and 4D mode (i.e. hard and maniac mode).

I found the bosses so much easier though. Probably because there weren't heaps of them swarming me from all sides. :lol:

Power-levelling takes too long for me. I can't be bothered. Besides, like you said, it takes the fun out of it.

Hi BK.

I found the bosses so much easier though. Probably because there weren't heaps of them swarming me from all sides. :lol:

Power-levelling takes too long for me. I can't be bothered. Besides, like you said, it takes the fun out of it.

Well, that's one way to make random battles annoying - 6 vs. 1 is always tough.

(Although, above a certain point, it gets easier. 1 vs. 1000 match in KH2 was easy.)

Well, that's true as long as you're not getting 1,000,000 EXP per battle as you can in some games... :)

(The unlimited version of the final boss in SO2 gives 1,225,000 EXP, for example.)

Well, that's one way to make random battles annoying - 6 vs. 1 is always tough.

(Although, above a certain point, it gets easier. 1 vs. 1000 match in KH2 was easy.)

Well, that's true as long as you're not getting 1,000,000 EXP per battle as you can in some games... :)

(The unlimited version of the final boss in SO2 gives 1,225,000 EXP, for example.)

I'm fighting 6 vs. 1 battles now. :lol:

What. That would be a massive amount in this game. Considering at the moment my Spectrobes need about 7,000 EXP to level up.

I'm fighting 6 vs. 1 battles now. :lol:

What. That would be a massive amount in this game. Considering at the moment my Spectrobes need about 7,000 EXP to level up.

Heh... Sorry to bring that up... :/

Well, you need something like 85,000,000 EXP to reach max level, so it's all good. Getting a million or so isn't going to do it on it's own.

And besides, you're only getting that much if you're fighting alone. Otherwise, each member of your party ends up getting about 400,000 EXP at most.

Heh... Sorry to bring that up... :/

Well, you need something like 85,000,000 EXP to reach max level, so it's all good. Getting a million or so isn't going to do it on it's own.

And besides, you're only getting that much if you're fighting alone. Otherwise, each member of your party ends up getting about 400,000 EXP at most.

It's not too bad. Usually I just use a special and eliminate half of them, then just take out the rest.

Imagine getting a million in Pokemon... my level 100 Suicune had a total of 1,750,000 or something

Still a big number. :lol:

Ah, yeah. In this game, if tells you you get 500, you get 500 each. Although, there are only ever two characters out, so yeah.

It's not too bad. Usually I just use a special and eliminate half of them, then just take out the rest.

Imagine getting a million in Pokemon... my level 100 Suicune had a total of 1,750,000 or something

Still a big number. :lol:

Ah, yeah. In this game, if tells you you get 500, you get 500 each. Although, there are only ever two characters out, so yeah.

Well, that's one way to go about it. In that 1 vs. 1000 battle I mentioned, you can grab one enemy and have it fire a huge laser that usually takes out 60 enemies or so - all of them are really weak to boot.

Yeah. That would be a lot of EXP. I've gotten 900,000 before in Wild Arms 3, but only thanks to getting a 9.9x EXP multiplier. (You start with 1.0x EXP and each time a battle skill activates, that character gets 0.1x increase.)

Well, yeah, 400,000 means 400,000 each, but if you only have one character alive, that character will get the full 1.2 million.

Well, that's one way to go about it. In that 1 vs. 1000 battle I mentioned, you can grab one enemy and have it fire a huge laser that usually takes out 60 enemies or so - all of them are really weak to boot.

Yeah. That would be a lot of EXP. I've gotten 900,000 before in Wild Arms 3, but only thanks to getting a 9.9x EXP multiplier. (You start with 1.0x EXP and each time a battle skill activates, that character gets 0.1x increase.)

Well, yeah, 400,000 means 400,000 each, but if you only have one character alive, that character will get the full 1.2 million.

Lol. Fighting a whole bunch of weak characters is just annoying. I prefer one strong one, like the Darknuts in Twilight Princess.

That's an interesting concept. I've never heard of that before. Except an Exp. Share

That would be pretty awesome. :D

Internet got disconnected, sorry.

Aren't bosses supposed to be difficult just so that the battle becomes more epic and memorable?

I spammed Veil of Mist on regular enemies and I kept a truckload of Praise in reserve for bosses. imo Evil Rao would have been pretty tough without any form of healing. The other bosses are nothing.

Hi.

Hi BK, what's up?

Lol. Fighting a whole bunch of weak characters is just annoying. I prefer one strong one, like the Darknuts in Twilight Princess.

That's an interesting concept. I've never heard of that before. Except an Exp. Share

That would be pretty awesome. :D

Well, it's kind of fun watching the kill count skyrocketing... But yeah, I suppose you're right.

Not only do skills increase EXP gain, but there's also a limited number of lucky cards that increase the EXP gain by 1.0x. You pretty much have to use them on bosses, since normal enemies give out ridiculously low EXP compared to bosses and the hidden enemies. As in 30,000 vs. 1,000 EXP.

I was able to level Maria from 100 to 255 in about an hour by fighting those enemies. They're easy to beat, so you can do it at a low level, but they give crazy experience... :awesome:

Aren't bosses supposed to be difficult just so that the battle becomes more epic and memorable?

I spammed Veil of Mist on regular enemies and I kept a truckload of Praise in reserve for bosses. imo Evil Rao would have been pretty tough without any form of healing. The other bosses are nothing.

Hi BK, what's up?

The key words there being "supposed to be".

Lol, I was always really stingy with my Brush. I only loosened up towards the end of the game. Evil Rao sucked, but yeah, the rest were pretty simple. Orochi is still my favourite. :awesome:

Well, it's kind of fun watching the kill count skyrocketing... But yeah, I suppose you're right.

Not only do skills increase EXP gain, but there's also a limited number of lucky cards that increase the EXP gain by 1.0x. You pretty much have to use them on bosses, since normal enemies give out ridiculously low EXP compared to bosses and the hidden enemies. As in 30,000 vs. 1,000 EXP.

I was able to level Maria from 100 to 255 in about an hour by fighting those enemies. They're easy to beat, so you can do it at a low level, but they give crazy experience... :awesome:

Lol, I like seeing large amounts of EXP appear on the screen. Although, that doesn't happen in Zelda games.

Oh wow, that sucks. What game was this again?

I love enemies like that. I found some in this game, but I can't be bothered going out to find them again. Thieves are like that in FE.

The key words there being "supposed to be".

Heh, yeah. Okami's boss battles were still epic though.

Lol, I was always really stingy with my Brush. I only loosened up towards the end of the game. Evil Rao sucked, but yeah, the rest were pretty simple. Orochi is still my favourite. :awesome:

Veil of Mist makes the game sooooooo easy. They'll need to nerf it up a lot if they want to balance Okamiden.

Lol, I like seeing large amounts of EXP appear on the screen. Although, that doesn't happen in Zelda games.

Too bad Zelda doesn't have EXP. That's probably one of the reasons why it's not classified as an RPG game, even though it should be.

Oh wow, that sucks. What game was this again?

No clue.

I love enemies like that. I found some in this game, but I can't be bothered going out to find them again. Thieves are like that in FE.

I remember in some FE games, thieves ended up giving more EXP than regular enemies. Even though they're much easier to kill and don't pose any actual threat.