• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Good. Bored. Wanna watch some anime. Dunno what to choose. Suggestion? Enjo said I should watch his beloved Princess Tutu. =P

Fullmetal Alchemist

Death Note

Code Geass

Fullmetal PANIC! Fumoffu

Azumanga Daioh

Mushishi (WARNING: it's very boring)

Well, I have no idea what to say here... :(

We were talking about Tales of Symphonia instead of Pokemon and you STILL aren't happy??? I have no idea how to make you satisfied.

We were talking about Tales of Symphonia instead of Pokemon and you STILL aren't happy??? I have no idea how to make you satisfied.

Well, I slept in today and only got up 10 minutes ago, so I missed that conversation.

In any case, to answer the question that cam up about Emil and Ratatosk...

[spoiler=ToS2 Spoiler]

The male lead in the story is Emil, who's also an amnesiac. Toward the end of the game, you find out that 'Emil' is a personality construct generated by Ratatosk in order to protect Ratatosk while he regained his power and hatched the centurion's cores. Planting the fake core on Marta's forehead was another way to protect himself. So, while it's true that Emil is also Ratatosk, the full story is more complicated than that.

You played the DS version of Chrono Trigger, right? I was just wondering if it had any more endings that weren't in the original.

Indeed I did. There is exactly one additional ending. Spoilers follow on how to get it:

When the Black Omen arises, in addition to opening the endgame sidequests, three portals will appear on the world map - in 12000 BC, 600 AD, and 1000 AD, if I remember correctly. You need to beat all three of these dungeons to their end. After this, the portal at the End of Time that leads to the Day of Lavos will let you go to a second place - the Darkness beyond Time. Here you fight the Dream Devourer (which is basically the final boss in Chrono Cross, if you're interested). Knock off its 30,000 HP and Schala temporarily regains her sentience and warps you out of the DBT. The ending follows, and you get Crono's ultimate weapon - which has a 90% critical hit ratio. (dang)

Indeed I did. There is exactly one additional ending. Spoilers follow on how to get it:

When the Black Omen arises, in addition to opening the endgame sidequests, three portals will appear on the world map - in 12000 BC, 600 AD, and 1000 AD, if I remember correctly. You need to beat all three of these dungeons to their end. After this, the portal at the End of Time that leads to the Day of Lavos will let you go to a second place - the Darkness beyond Time. Here you fight the Dream Devourer (which is basically the final boss in Chrono Cross, if you're interested). Knock off its 30,000 HP and Schala temporarily regains her sentience and warps you out of the DBT. The ending follows, and you get Crono's ultimate weapon - which has a 90% critical hit ratio. (dang)

THEY SHOW SCHALA AGAIN????? And there's something better than Rainbow now???

Must find DS emulator to play this game.

Edited by Proto

THEY SHOW SCHALA AGAIN????? And there's something better than Rainbow now???

Yes, and yes. I've never played Cross, but the ending is apparently supposed to do a better job of linking the two games together. I know it involved the

[spoiler=CT:DS ending 13]Fall of Guardia in 1005 AD.

[spoiler='ToS2]Didn't the original Emil die during the Blood Purge?

[spoiler=ToS2 answer]Yes, that's correct. He was killed by the fake Lloyd (Decus). Ratatosk took his name and identity because he happened to come across the real Emil's dying parents in Palmacosta and used that identity as a disguise