That One Thread

Florete

Photoshop has the advantage of being able to go for a bajillion layers to test out colors, however, and going at 32x zoom. (CS4)

Actually, I have tested out several settings for the fill bucket and selection tool, and despite me not having touched MS Paint in about 5 years found it to be quite useful now. It involves putting the tolerance level on the fill bucket tool to 1 or 2, and stuff.

Though it is very expensive.

Anyway, recoloring my personal mug is a pain at the moment. It's what I get for making it back when I didn't know about PS fill tolerance levels. >____<

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Photoshop has the advantage of being able to go for a bajillion layers to test out colors, however, and going at 32x zoom. (CS4)

Actually, I have tested out several settings for the fill bucket and selection tool, and despite me not having touched MS Paint in about 5 years found it to be quite useful now. It involves putting the tolerance level on the fill bucket tool to 1 or 2, and stuff.

Though it is very expensive.

Anyway, recoloring my personal mug is a pain at the moment. It's what I get for making it back when I didn't know about PS fill tolerance levels. >____<

I make copies, so I can test them out without worry. (Who needs to zoom, THAT close? ._.)

It's just that PS has a lot of things that aren't needed for Spriting, though they can help, it can get confusing if you don't know how to use it. Like me.

Imma Pirate...or rather my friend is. >_>

I could always just make it 16 colors if you want. I dun want to do this boring math.

55 colors? That doesn't make sense.

Edited by MeteorLunarSolar

So am I. Though I prefer ninja.

Having a Mac and using Photoshop for practically EVERYTHING really increases its usefulness, though.

I sometimes go up to 16x, actually.

Layers are the best. I've done things (not sprites) with over 400 before and it was worth the slight lag.

...on second notice, some of the colors are repeats. Or something really close like 250R 216G 130B v. 250R 216G 131B. WTF.

It's just, I can't get it down to 15+background. I'm stuck at 16+background because there's just this ONE extra color. MF---

So am I. Though I prefer ninja.

Having a Mac and using Photoshop for practically EVERYTHING really increases its usefulness, though.

I sometimes go up to 16x, actually.

Layers are the best. I've done things (not sprites) with over 400 before and it was worth the slight lag.

...on second notice, some of the colors are repeats. Or something really close like 250R 216G 130B v. 250R 216G 131B. WTF.

It's just, I can't get it down to 15+background. I'm stuck at 16+background because there's just this ONE extra color. MF---

8D

I don't have a Mac.

I probably won't get a Mac either.

I use x8 most of the time, sometimes x16 if I need to sprite tiny details.

.____.

Yeah, that would explain it.

Which color?

I can't go back to using Windows anymore.

Not saying that they're bad, but I'm not used to the keyboard shortcuts and I much rather use those than clicking things.

I haven't actually gone up to 32x yet, but I expect I will need it when I paint really tiny details, though. Oh yeah. Painting things. It's the only time I went up to 400 layers. Besides that, 30 is my average for photomanipulation and ~70 for drawings.

White. >___<

But I decided to take out a lighter shade of blue instead so I think I'm good now.

@Fayt: It's okay.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

MSPaint can't animate .gifs, though. I want to do battle sprites too.

I shouldn't bite off more than I can chew. I'll just stick with the basics for now.

Thanks for the infodump, btw. Proto. I saved it as txt file for future reference.

Lumi, when I see your SM animation, I salivate. Seriously, that my goal.

I always danced between whether I should sprite or not in the past and always leaned toward "...nah." But you made me want to give it a serious try. So, um, thanks for that. :)

Soluna, what do you use for your artz?

GIMP

MSPaint

Photoshop

Usenti

Paint.net

etc

I use the bolded.

And Paint.net for transparency.

You're name isn't Soluna

I'm going to wait until I get my new computer before I download all that software (my current computer is...unstable, to say the least). That's why I'll just focus on MSPaint for now.

Why pay so much money for something so expensive when you can get something equally good for free, though?

Sorry, Photoshop, but that's why you fail in my eyes.

Soluna, what do you use for your artz?

Graphics? GIMP.

For actual drawing, I use MsPaint to start my sketches and color them in GIMP IF I like it enough.

Too bad I suck at graphics most of the time and coloring orz

Edited by Cappuccino