That One Thread

Florete

Haha, were you the one that raised the nomination? Intriguing. And no hard feelings. I find it amusing that I was threatening, even though I was barking up the completely wrong tree, and actually unwittingly protecting the mafia.

Well,I didn;t raise the nomination.But the logic was that you and Proto were the two most observant members,and evidence said that proto was the sheriff,and that the bodyguard,were one around,would be more likely to protect him,although it seems that wasn;t true.We had thought that your defense of me would take suspicion off of me for a day or two,but that didn;t seem to work after all.

And i'm glad that there are no hard feelings.

Also,hello Proto

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

I find it amusing that I was threatening, even though I was barking up the completely wrong tree, and actually unwittingly protecting the mafia.

It's a very old but effective trick of the Mafia. They kill you, making the Town THINK that the Mafia saw you as a huge threat. This leads them to think that your suspicions were correct and was therefore, too dangerous for the Mafia. So they lynch whoever you were suspicious of but that target turns out to be a Townie. The Mafia gets about three free kills that way.

The way I see it, Mafia is just all about these mindgames.

mindgames = :KnollRoll:

arg, maybe i'm not cut out for this afterall, i'm also a terrible liar...great, i'm so screwed.

So long as you're not mafia,you should be okay...although if you're worrying about it... :ph34r:

That's actually why I was considering not discussing it with the group as a whole ("what's the worst that could happen" -> killed that evening :awesome: ) , though my plan of going to PMs would have possibly been just as disastrous, seeing as I'd definitely have PMed Ether and CATS, as at the time... :facepalm:

mindgames = :KnollRoll:

arg, maybe i'm not cut out for this afterall, i'm also a terrible liar...great, i'm so screwed.

You almost always have partners to do the thinking for you. Unless you're near the endgame, where you might as well just RNG your vote. You just need to decide who to believe.

I never lie and yet, I don't seem to be doing too bad at Mafia myself. I mostly just lay low during the game and only come out to analyze the situation when I actually have something good. I'm sure you'll do fine.

ether, that's a terrible face and kinda funny too...and no i'm not mafia...mindgames hurt, but I think the FE4 thread is worst than a mind game.

A mind game i have a chance to solve, FE4 thread...i'd have a better chance of dying first.

laying low got you killed too proto it seems...//sigh. i don't wanna be lynched...

i vote we commit sekkupu. zak will be my second.

honors to the samurai.

Edit: haha, found the woman's version of it. I'd be performing jigai, but i don't think there is a need for a second in this one, since you cut the throat instead of the stomach...

Edited by Hatari

Also, I doubt the Mafia games over here would start going that far with their mindgames yet. And by far, I mean something close to Death Note mindgames.

I got killed but both of my votes throughout the entire game caused two Mafia members to die. Out of three. I think it was worth it.

Edited by Proto

Looking back on it,the worst move i made in the whole game was helping a teammate...and the best move CATS made was pushing a teammate off a cliff...

maybe i am too nice :/

Helping your scummy teammate = Bad idea. If you manage to convince the entire Town to lynch one of your teammates and the Town is perfectly aware that you're the one who started the bandwagon, then they would practically think of you as a confirmed Townie. So, while you lose your buddy, you'll become invincible until near the endgame.

Helping your scummy teammate = Bad idea. If you manage to convince the entire Town to lynch one of your teammates and the Town is perfectly aware that you're the one who started the bandwagon, then they would practically think of you as a confirmed Townie. So, while you lose your buddy, you'll become invincible until near the endgame.

Yeah...it worked for CATS well enough...I`ll keep it in mind if i`m ever mafia again in a future game.

basically sounds like, every man/woman for themselves...great, that's another terrible thing...considering I'm the person who never lets anyone die while playing FE. I just restart the chapter, over and over again....

Hey, we all have our own playstyles in Mafia. And what you do also depends a lot on your role.

basically sounds like, every man/woman for themselves...great, that's another terrible thing...considering I'm the person who never lets anyone die while playing FE. I just restart the chapter, over and over again....

I do this too, as much as possible at least. I think I'm going to have to sacrifice someone in the HHM draft though...

he runs scripts that get the images. basically it's a computer program. his avatar changes too....

what language is it anyhow? I'm think perl/js.

Zak: Hmm, yeah hard mode is well...hard...i'm not doing the gaiden chapters in SD, it hurts to have to read the death quotes.

i need to get my death poem ready as well...dang mafia, though i'm terrible at poetry...

Edited by Hatari

oh...php makes sense...actually. it's easily integrated into HTML and the like, same with JS.

Perl was my fault, I meant PHP...ack...perl needs an interrupter to run...my bad and can't be run on the web.

Actually, you're not wrong. My first attempts and previous scripts did use perl, if I remember correctly, but that didn't work on this forum software as opposed to others it had worked with. I'm pretty sure a lot of CGI scripts are based on perl, I don't remember the specifics of how they get interfaced to the web to be perfectly honest though, and often just take pre-existing example scripts and tweak them to fit my needs.

lol BK, i can do even worst than that for computer language....

on the other topic,

as far as live metal bands go:

KAMELOT IS THE BEST! OMG, They sound so fricken awesome live...

everyone else pales in comparison to their studio versions, which is actually probably why I haven't listened to black symphony yet...

Kamelot is better live than in studio.

Edited by Hatari