FE4 Item Inheritance

Kaplan

I've reached chapter 5 and I'm just wondering what weapons and items (e.g. rings) to give to everyone which will benefit their children the best.

The pairings I have are:

Tiltyu/Azel

Fury/Levin

Sylvia/Claude

Aideen/Midir

Briggid/Holyn

Ayra/Lex

Lachesis/Beowulf

Those pairings are pretty awesome. Everyone inherits from both parents, except Lex, so distribute your best weapons, basically.

Nevertheless:

Tiltyu/Azel:

Both have B fire, B Thunder, C Wind. Arthur brings a wind tome and tinny brings an Elthunder so I'd recommend Elfire on Azel, Wind on Tiltyu and a magic ring with Arthur.

Fury/Levin:

Fee will be a little weak so she'd like a Power Ring and/or a strong weapon (silver sword/lance). Sety has Lolsety and an Elwind so he doesn't care any more.

Sylvia/Claude:

Corple wants a few staves, but the rest of your team wants to be able to get them earlier. Leen wants the Leg ring and she's set.

Aideen/Midir:

Lana only takes staves and she's available from turn 1, so load some of your decent staves onto her. Faval is your only other bow user, and he's getting Ichival, so take your pick from the killer, silver and hero bows (probably two of them although all three works just as well).

Briggid/Holyn:

Faval is gonna be awesome anyway but unless you want to use nothing but Ichival (hint: you probably don't), give him one of the decent bows mentioned above. Patty will actually be decent, she would like a slim sword for avoid, maybe a ranged sword for easy stealing. That's it really.

Ayra/Lex:

Ayra should just pass on lots of good swords, but Lex can't - Skasahara would like a ring or two to compensate. Defence will make him a crazy swordmaster tank, maybe Resistance for the same reason, or power for good fighting ability.

Lachesis/Beowulf:

Delmud will be good but wants a strong sword, any rings help too. Nanna would like a relive staff for good healing, plus some strong swords to do decent damage.

Any rings/weapons I haven't mentioned, you can choose for yourself, where stats or weapons might be lacking.

That's incredibly helpful. Thanks. :)

above poster covered inheritance pretty well.

Don't give Fury a silver lance/sword to pass down, rank is too high for Fee to inherit. A good choice is to have her inherit a magic sword and a hero lance too. Consider giving her the thief sword as well. Consider having Levn pass down a staff or two for sety

Faval comes with a silver bow automatically, so give the silver, killer, and hero bow to lester...er midir in chapter 5

Corple can be fine with the reserve staff and he comes with a libro staff too when he joins. Give him the second return ring so he can sell it for money.

Have Holyn pass down a return ring too as well as the hero sword for patty. Return ring makes chapter 7 easier for her to survive.

To compensate for the lack of sword inheritance for Skasha have Aira pass down a bunch of good swords for her daughter. You can sell them in chapter 6 so skasha can buy one.

Edited by Brighton

Frankly, you don't need to worry about items...much. Short of ensuring that the Leg ring and Life ring are passed down. But here are my comments anyway.

What the above poster said about Skasaha's swords is correct. One will get the Silver claymore and one gets the Hero sword. Usually. Give Patty a magic sword, and Fee the other. Fee should also have a Hero lance if you didn't leave it with Fin, and her brother should have a Live staff at least. Nanna starts with a Relive, so don't bother giving her one unless you have a spare. Generally you'd pass down Earth (for the lovely Resire effect) and Prayer swords at least, also.

It's possible that you'd pass either Hero or Killer bow to Faval as well. Silver doesn't always kill everything. To be honest, bow users don't see enough enemy-phase action to warrant ever unequipping Ichival. (in my opinion)

Give either the Leg or Knight ring to Lynn, both is kind of overkill and they're useful on other people too. Bargain to a holy weapon user (either Faval or Sety). There are only 3 kid characters without Pursuit, so have Holyn pass it to Patty, since Lynn and Corple are kind of non-fighters. Life ring to Fee, because it's always a good idea to have fliers self-heal. Elite ring to Patty, the sooner she promotes, the better. Alternatively Celice, who sucks before promotion, or Leaf, who sucks before promotion too. Later on, you get to pass it around anyway, gen 2 is overflowing with money.

I tend to just let stat rings go wherever they happen to. Power ring to Fee or Lester - he'll need it more with the Hero bow than the Killer, but Fee with a Hero lance doesn't need it until later. Skill ring to Skasaha for Meteor activation, and because Lex's SKL growth isn't the best. Magic to Arthur and Speed to Skasaha, since with Lex as a father, the twins don't max SPD easily.

I've reached chapter 5 and I'm just wondering what weapons and items (e.g. rings) to give to everyone which will benefit their children the best.

The pairings I have are:

Tiltyu/Azel

Fury/Levin

Sylvia/Claude

Aideen/Midir

Briggid/Holyn

Ayra/Lex

Lachesis/Beowulf

TiltxAz= Wind tome for both.

Fury/Levin= slim lance for fury, holsety(dur) for Lev

SylviaxClaude= Magic sword for syl, Valkyrie Staff for Claude

Aideen+Midir= Important staves/Brave bow

Ayra/Lex= Slim sword, brave for the epic lolz, Lex cant pass down anything

Lach/Beo= Staff and sword/ Brave Sword, armor cutter, etc.

Weapons, not rings or anything else.

I dont feel like getting into rings.

Edited by Pahn