New Link for my WiFi guide

Sylvan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

uh i disagree with some of the strategies

for example warping instead of swarm is often times a better solution if you can do more overal damage. Like warping a sniper to do longbow shot is often times a lot better since said sniper will di more. Also swarm often times misses making it reliable if you have a back up plan ESCPECIALLY if your fighitng a support team,

also i don't think a pali team is great. Defense is ehh in this game in that you only need to survive 1 hit. past that it doesn't really matter since almsot anyone can kill in 2

Edited by BlacknightSoren

for example warping instead of swarm is often times a better solution if you can do more overal damage. Like warping a sniper to do longbow shot is often times a lot better since said sniper will di more. Also swarm often times misses making it reliable if you have a back up plan ESCPECIALLY if your fighitng a support team,

Where does it say swarm is better than warping a unit? I might look into that. The only thing in contention there, is if you have 2 units to freely move. Why not attack with the sniper and use swarm? Also, if you kill their unit, the sniper would be abandoned. Warp is one-way. But I agree with the accuracy thing. Personally, I'm not a big fan of swarm. Ideally you should never have to use swarm or warp, your sage should be in supporting range of the rest of your troops out of fear of overextending.

also i don't think a pali team is great. Defense is ehh in this game in that you only need to survive 1 hit. past that it doesn't really matter since almsot anyone can kill in 2

Name another team that is statistically superior. The paladin team is good because it will always scout the opponent first. This advantage is the sole reason the paladin team is good. They can be blocked into choke points, so sometimes 4x paladins are better (1x sniper). However that'll come at a movement cost. Scouting is the only important factor in max-stat play.

I thought you meant in reference as you could warp then attack or swarm not the sniper being able to move in by itself, I got confused like ??????????????????

@scouting

true but MY main method with my new team is Warping

I have my zerker with star sphere(the one that removes effects) and boots allowing me to hit fast hard TBH i semi spam warp. My entire strategy almost always comes up on a fly and it works,

My most current used team is

Catria sniper

Merric sage

Barst horseman

Sedgar zerker

(boots)

Cord horseman

with zerker can go across any terrain quickly and move quickly with movement allowing for punishment,

I almost always warp somehowe beneficialy and place units in strategic positions,

with my sniper i do chip damage

sage i just support

I haven't lost with this team, i can attack quickly I move quickly and with my warp tactics I attack at odd directions allowing for optimal effects,

now Pali team isn't BAD but it has a few weakness.

there is only 1 gradivus

they don't double

they get doubled

they pretty much doubled

Imo a team of 2 snipers zerker draco,horseman paliden, Sage is a better team.

I suppose they aren't bad but i think 5 horsemen team is better,

I will fully admit i don't play max stat on all stat teams often (as in people who didn't hack). however tbh i feel maxig every stat defeats the purpose of the game.

Hmm, so I was thinking it through and here is what I arrived at:

On a large map with little terrain costs, the paladin team has a very large advantage.

On a small map with limiting terrain, the paladin team is neutral.

Under umbra or on a map with choke-points and precise player order (player 2 on map 2 or 6) the paladin team is slightly disadvantaged. Snipers can't counterattack paladins, but the other two can. Paladins can't 1-1 sages. So when fighting each other, I'd say those two teams are equal.

However, there are more situations than the ones outlined above. The paladin team has relatively few viable teams that it fears. Dracos are able to counter the paladin team, but are impractical when fighting anything other than paladins. The other team, sages can be killed 1-1 from snipers swordmaster and horsemen. It has limited movement, so it basically has 4 full strength attackers. (more like 4 and a half) which is a disadvantage when compared to the paladin team. Statistically, this means that if you pit a 5 paladin team against a random opponent, it would win more than the other team.

I will fully admit i don't play max stat on all stat teams often (as in people who didn't hack). however tbh i feel maxig every stat defeats the purpose of the game.

I agree with this. That's why I call it the max stat "problem". Max stat play relies far more on stats and units than the player. In fact, give a player 2 max stat teams, and they can construct many possible strategies that the opponent simply cannot defeat. I haven't done this, since I don't have such teams. But it's certainly possible.

baring meteors team i don't think many max stats exsist. tbh the amount of RNG or clock abuse nessacary also makes a team of palidens usful since it can be difficult to even get one pali with max def,

Personally i had to use dynamic growths to get 2 horsman and 1 zerker to max caps and my merric only has 23 speed (but i caculated witrh his defense he would get one hit ko anyway with zerker so it didn't matter)

all in all palidens are great units but I think if you can surive a hit then thats all you need defense wise, considering that all good teams are designed to be able to kill within 2 hits.

Imo

everyteam should have a sniper you effectivly force some kind of counter against you when you don't manage to get in chip damage directly to kill and sage swarm is to unreliant plus with 2 chips this allows you to kill 2 units possible 3 if you can find like the sage correctly without eating counters.

usefulness 9.10

SM are good on teams that are going for Crit strategies or anit heavy units. plus they are so easy to have as a great many units make a good SM same applies to sniper 8.0

Sage- merric linde pretty nessacary for healing warping chip and thoron. pretty much a must 9.0

horseman - if you can cap one isnane speed both short and long range brave options 9.0

zerker - damage speed water poleaxe on horsemen 9.0

draco scouting axes defense - 7.0

PALIDEN caps high defense 9.0

imo no other units but these should be used and i personally feel with right strategies most teams incorperating these units will win.

also i think SM crit team is almost undeafeatable unless you use dazzel killing edge is just insane when full crit however other crit teams might be just as good however SMs as stated are easy as hell to make and the units to do it support meanng low RNG and support= rape with this

however this team is absolute crap against dazzel

Edited by BlacknightSoren

I've seen at least 1 other legit 5x max stats team (Windsage's Chaos Knights). Clock abusing makes it relatively easy. Maxing Res/Mag is usually overkill anyway, so even if you don't want to spend the time getting all 8 stats capped you can still end up with a pretty good team.

The Horseman support team is like a Swordmaster team on steroids. Higher movement + supports + Brave Bows - triangle attack. However, it's pretty stupid to rely on your opponent not using Dazzle.

Edited by Meteor

I've seen at least 1 other legit 5x max stats team (Windsage's Chaos Knights). Clock abusing makes it relatively easy. Maxing Res/Mag is usually overkill anyway, so even if you don't want to spend the time getting all 8 stats capped you can still end up with a pretty good team.

I've fought dozens of clock abused teams in wifi. Mostly because their team names are "clock abused", lol. Anyway, even with clock abuse, the number of hackers outnumber the RNG abusers.

The Horseman support team is like a Swordmaster team on steroids. Higher movement + supports + Brave Bows - triangle attack. However, it's pretty stupid to rely on your opponent not using Dazzle.

The horseman team can only be constructed using RNG abuse. It's much easier to get a good swordmaster than it is to get a good horseman.

my my i didn't know you guys were discussing teams. ^_^

well some fun things about the Pala team is that even after a longbow hit a SM, Sniper, or HM can't kill it without taking a counter attack. so in certain cases even if they get scouted first somehow they can actually make a come back.

oh and i think i've fought that "clock abused" team too. its kinda funny how the team name is just straight up clock abused.

I haven't put this in yet. But I was thinking for card counterpicks against identical teams, gravity may be a viable option.

For example, fighting a horseman team with a horseman team, on maps 5 and 6 it can take nearly 9 turns to reach the fort, this especially becomes a problem if the opponent tries to do nothing but block the path. On map 6 player 1 has preference, on map 5 player 2.

Also, snipers/berserkers are reduced to something like 3 move. Sages can warp, but still need a scout.

Gravity reduces move by half, rounded down, so paladins still have 1 more move than horsemen.

Edited by Sylvan

card cping does rape certain teams which is why i use general teams,

has anyone considred using a double sniper team? i could seriousky think that could do serious shit not to mention snipers are fairly easy to get

Max stat teams are completly neccasary

pretty much str speed defense HP is all you need, with high tier characters and stat boosters along wih dynamic growth it shouldn't be to hard. Along with maxed out hit on your weapons pretty much makes your team viable against any other.

you still need to AA for weapon level though

• 2 weeks later...

I added a 4 horseman team to the counterpicking guide. Plays much the same role as a 4 paladin team. However, since horsemen can attack at any range, it makes breaking choke points easier. (Since you can brute force to get a ! in choke points, where as the paladin team must scout first, the paladin team also suffers under umbra.)