Gerik

Which?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Hero
    • Ranger

Arguing who's better over Raven and Gerik is pretty useless as they can't coexist in the same title.

Just saying.

Anyway, I'd go hero simply because Neimi works just fine as a ranger. I always try and get the most variety out of my units in Sacred Stones.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguing who's better over Raven and Gerik is pretty useless as they can't coexist in the same title.

Just saying.

Anyway, I'd go hero simply because Neimi works just fine as a ranger. I always try and get the most variety out of my units in Sacred Stones.

i have to agree with you!

Looks like I'm one of the few people who makes him a Ranger. When it comes to Sacred Stones, I almost always go for the class with higher movement. Besides, I almost never have any luck with Neimi.

I would go with Ranger, except his speed growth doesn't take advantage of the Ranger's speed cap of 30.

So I'd just make him a Hero.

That's actually a pretty good point. His stats just align better with that of a Hero. Plus, axes.

Honestly, I'd make Gerik a Berserker if I could. His strength is always utterly amazing for me. (My current playthrough, he got to 20 at level 15. So far, the only other guy near that is Gilliam with 17 as a level 19 knight.)

Just saying.

Still, Gerik>>>>Raven. No offense Raven.

For their respective games, I tend to find Raven better than Gerik, if only because SS is easy enough.

If you mean Raven is more useful in Blazing Sword, I agree. But if you're saying overall that Raven is stronger than Gerik, than no.

I suppose that's true enough. Raven's the only, ONLY good non-mounted sword unit you get for a significant period of time. Swords may not be "the best weapon type," but you still need 'um. By the time Gerik joins in Sacred Stones, you've probably already got a good team building up.

• 4 months later...
For their respective games, I tend to find Raven better than Gerik, if only because SS is easy enough.

Purely looking at their averages Gerik(Hero) would clearly win. Or he would have if he didn't lack supports. He could support with Joshua but that would mean he'd have to wait until he gets up to A support. Raven may improve his average if you count HHM bonus. Though I'm not too sure if that helps his case...

Purely looking at their averages Gerik(Hero) would clearly win. Or he would have if he didn't lack supports. He could support with Joshua but that would mean he'd have to wait until he gets up to A support. Raven may improve his average if you count HHM bonus. Though I'm not too sure if that helps his case...

It was months ago when I said that, and I still stand by it. He might not be as good statistically, but I feel he's helping he's team better overall in his game, partly because of his availability compared to Gerik's.

It was months ago when I said that, and I still stand by it. He might not be as good statistically, but I feel he's helping he's team better overall in his game, partly because of his availability compared to Gerik's.

I agree with you. Gerik is good in SS, but not totally amazing. Raven is one of the best characters in FE7. Raven>Gerik. :D

Yeah, and Dorcas > Raven as well, so that would imply that either Raven isn't as good as most people think, or that Dorcas is far better than most people think :o

?_? dorcas sux more than raven

I suppose that's true enough. Raven's the only, ONLY good non-mounted sword unit you get for a significant period of time.

Eliwood? Guy? Matthew?

Also, for Hero vs Ranger, mount + bows vs axes seems pretty balanced to me.

Edited by Mekkah

I'd be willing to explain... I suppose we can debate the matter in an official debate between me and you, to keep things more interesting ^_^

Although that would mean I use Dorcas against you again, but I don't think that's much of a problem. I personally really like the idea.

i dont know... i made him a ranger once, and he was great, but that's because we're talking about Gerik.

also, i can't rely on average stats. I never get my units up to lvl 20 before prommotion except ephraim because sacred stones is uber easy compared to path of radiance.

and the non critical animations for rangers and paladins look pretty similar to me, but I have bad eyesight.

Edited by SunMoonSky

You can still rely on averages even if you don't promote characters at level 20. Let's say you promote a character at level 17. Just take a look at their level 17 averages and then add the promotion gains to them. From there, you can calculate the averages yourself.