Gonzales

Iced

40 members have voted

1. 1. Any good?

• yeah he's great!
    • lump of crap
    • average

I'm playing through this game now and it took me a long time to decide between Gonzales or Geese as my axe user I eventually settled on Gonzales as his average stats looked far better than Geese's, but I have seen a lot of people say that he is a terrible character like worse than Wolt terrible.

so I just wanted to know what the general opinion is on him I found him great (except for that skill but a support fixes that a bit)

I'm playing through this game now and it took me a long time to decide between Gonzales or Geese as my axe user I eventually settled on Gonzales as his average stats looked far better than Geese's, but I have seen a lot of people say that he is a terrible character like worse than Wolt terrible.

so I just wanted to know what the general opinion is on him I found him great (except for that skill but a support fixes that a bit)

Gonzales is great. His only problem is having lower accuracy than others in a game where weapons generally have lower hit rates and enemies have avoid unlike the games most people are used to (FE7, FE8, FE9). He doubles most enemies and can kill some of them in one of his 2 hits, specially when he's a Berserker.

I find his level 5 version one of the easiest units to use.

Edited by Vergil

Gonzales is beautiful! Like, Oliver-level beauty.

Enh, I guess he'd be worse on Hard Mode Sacae because of high Avoid/main weapon being bows and swords (?), butttt I'm not entirely sure :U

Really? I thought he would be better on HM thanks to awesome :awesome: bonuses.

He's great, really. I have no idea why anyone would say he's worse than Wolt. He's probably the best Axe user, although Geese is also decent. (but no HM bonuses) Not sure about Lot and Ward, but Bartre and Garett are terrible.

Make sure you go the A route in the western isles though, where he's level 5 (in the B route, he's level 12 with the exact same stats)

Make sure you go the A route in the western isles though, where he's level 5 (in the B route, he's level 12 with the exact same stats)

Worse. Level 12 has a D rank in axes, while level 5 has a C rank.

Do pick him. Hit issues asside, he decapitates enemies pretty easily and he's possibly the quickest axe user. He's great in either Ilia or Sacae and definitely loves getting attention from Dragonknights so can make minced meat out of them.

Oh and the Bandit critical alone is a reason to use him.

Edited by Dio

Geese isn't that much worse than Gonzales, there's little difference if you go the B route in the Western Isles. There's room for both on your team, if you like axes.

Well, obviously. <_<

He has +11 Con that her!

What?

Geese isn't that much worse than Gonzales, there's little difference if you go the B route in the Western Isles. There's room for both on your team, if you like axes.

Well, obviously. <_<

He has +11 Con that her!

What?

Gonzales gets HM bonuses. Geese does not. Otherwise, there is little or even marginal difference between the two, yes. Although Gonzo DOES get +4 CON...

Also has higher growths in everything except SKL, LCK, and RES.

EDIT: And why are we going B route in the first place? You miss out on Echidna and Lalum. And get Elphin and Fartre.

Edited by Sedgar the Hero

I didn't. What did she mean?

She means square dancing, Soul. He accidentally tosses her into the hay, she's too light.

On the topic at hand; I wouldn't have a proper opinion on Gonzales seeing as how I benched him after chapter 13 after using him as a rescue mule.

It's a shame axes are pretty awful in FE6. It sounds very redundant to me. But I guess if you like axes there's nothing stopping you.

It's a shame axes are pretty awful in FE6. It sounds very redundant to me. But I guess if you like axes there's nothing stopping you.

They aren't total shit when they cost less than most, have higher power and you face more lances.

Hit issues are helped with supports, and besides Berserkers tend to activate criticals often. Since Gonzales doubles a lot, that's not so bad since he can miss first, then crit on the second hit.

Or crit once and OHKO the guy.

Besides, promotion bonuses give his SKL +5, which isn't GOOD, but it helps.

And even though Axes are pretty bad in this, Armads is freaking good. +5 in DEF is pretty cool. It's also actually rather light compared to most axes; 13 WT with 18 MT. That's better than most legendary weapons not named Sword of Seals.

+5 Skl is effectively +10 Hit. That's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Considering his HIT problems when you get him, it moves his accuracy from "Pretty Bad" to "Okay".

EDIT: Come to think of it, we have a Secret Book to spend in Ch 8. If you can wait for two chapters (Since I don't think anyone who is GOOD will need it) we can give it to Gonzales.

Actually, if you plan on using anyone else, you might as well just use whatever Secret Books you find on Gonzo.

Edited by Sedgar the Hero