Gonzales

Iced

40 members have voted

1. 1. Any good?

• yeah he's great!
    • lump of crap
    • average

If I get Lv. 5 Gonzales then I'll end up in Sacae, so screw that.

Overall, I hardly use Berserkers in this game.

Exactly. Screw that.

Screw he fact you get a crappier Gonzales, Scae's difficulty is overrated, I guess, if you have Miledy with a high Def the Deplphi Shield comes in handy here.

Berzerkers aren't needed, but Gonzales is great when he's doubling most things at 20/1. His hit issues aren't too bad, they will only be against sword users.

What? The chapters Gonzales is in have nothing to do with Sacae. You can get Lv5 Gonzales AND go to Ilia O_o

Edited by Vergil

Or you can sell those Secret Books, which lets you buy Angelic Robes in chapter 16, and those are arguably more useful.

I didn't realize this was FE5, where funds was actually a problem.

Besides, make use of what you get.

Or you can sell those Secret Books, which lets you buy Angelic Robes in chapter 16, and those are arguably more useful.

I didn't realize this was FE5, where funds was actually a problem.

Besides, make use of what you get.

It's not about funds. 1 Skillbook is just 4 Accuracy and 1 Crit. 7 HP > 8 Accuracy and 2 crit. Many benefit from the HP robe.

Edited by Vergil

But Gonzales is an HP beast, he does in no way in hell need an Angelic Robe...

The Secret Book is best useful with him and his crappy Skill, because even though supports fix that, they won't fix it completely.

But Gonzales is an HP beast, he does in no way in hell need an Angelic Robe...

The Secret Book is best useful with him and his crappy Skill, because even though supports fix that, they won't fix it completely.

No1 said the HP robe's gonna go to Gonzales... It's whether you want 8 Hit on Gonzales or 7 HP on someone else. I'll take the HP robe on someone else, he doesn't have too much trouble 1RKOing as a Berserker.

I thought it would go for someone else...but thinking of players like you go on on effeciency...you don't consider using fragile characters so much.

Your few options are:

-Lugh

-Ray

-Niime

And I don't think you use Thany, I guess.

What? The chapters Gonzales is in have nothing to do with Sacae. You can get Lv5 Gonzales AND go to Ilia O_o

Really? Oh man, I've been held back by this game way too far.

I guess I stand corrected.

It's not about funds. 1 Skillbook is just 4 Accuracy and 1 Crit. 7 HP > 8 Accuracy and 2 crit. Many benefit from the HP robe.

Since you get the Silver Card in chapter 14, it's actually a 1 for 1 exchange.

Ray and Niime are good choices if you dump a lot of cash on Nosferatus beforehand, but I would just dump Angelic Robes on my fliers so they can basically do anything.

It's all about stats. If Rei would've gotten HM bonuses like other enemies, he would've been at least more useable. I did some number crunch real quick the other day and I got this for Rei, Douglas and Hugh. Rei is supposed to get 9 class levels while the other to get 11 according to this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=17389&view=findpost&p=675321

Rounded up if ,5 or above:

Rei: 12 28 HP/17 Mag/12 Skl/12 Spd/8 Luk/6 Def/13 Res. Promoted right now it's 31/21/14/14/8/8/15. More useable at least.

Douglas: -/8 54 HP/22 Str/16 Skl/9 Spd/13 Luk/23 Def/7 Res. Pretty much no change aside from 3 less damage per hit from physical units.

Hugh (10K): 15 32 HP/19 Mag/15 Skl/16 Spd/12 Luk/9 Def/13 Res. Promoted right now it's 36/23(!)/17/17/12/11/15. Seems good to me.

Edited by Hol Horse

+5 Skl is effectively +10 Hit. That's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Actually, if you plan on using anyone else, you might as well just use whatever Secret Books you find on Gonzo.

I find secret books to be pretty useless, actually. They're better to be sold for money.

QFT. XD

The only items that you want to keep are the Angel Clothes, Dragonshields, Talismens, and the Class changing items.

Exactly. Screw that.

Screw he fact you get a crappier Gonzales, Scae's difficulty is overrated, I guess, if you have Miledy with a high Def the Deplphi Shield comes in handy here.

Berzerkers aren't needed, but Gonzales is great when he's doubling most things at 20/1. His hit issues aren't too bad, they will only be against sword users.

A Swordreaver will fix that, although that it is rather disappointing that Swordslayers aren't in this game and I find those to be far more useful that Swordreavers.

Since you get the Silver Card in chapter 14, it's actually a 1 for 1 exchange.

Ray and Niime are good choices if you dump a lot of cash on Nosferatus beforehand, but I would just dump Angelic Robes on my fliers so they can basically do anything.

Shani will need them if she is going to stand a chance in the HM.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing through this game now and it took me a long time to decide between Gonzales or Geese as my axe user I eventually settled on Gonzales as his average stats looked far better than Geese's, but I have seen a lot of people say that he is a terrible character like worse than Wolt terrible.

so I just wanted to know what the general opinion is on him I found him great (except for that skill but a support fixes that a bit)

Gonzales is great. His only problem is having lower accuracy than others in a game where weapons generally have lower hit rates and enemies have avoid unlike the games most people are used to (FE7, FE8, FE9). He doubles most enemies and can kill some of them in one of his 2 hits, specially when he's a Berserker.

I find his level 5 version one of the easiest units to use.

Accuracy doesn't matter if he can critical most of the time B)

Accuracy doesn't matter if he can critical most of the time B)

It actually does because the game rolls Hit chance before crit chance. So if you have 100% crit but 0% Hit, you'll miss and do nothing. If you have 100% crit but only 50% Hit, it's still 50-50.