Final Fantasy Thread

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone have any good suggestions on wether I should use Mog, Gogo or Umaro.

Mog is pretty good. His Dances are very damaging when you first recruit him in the World of Balance. Dances aren't so great in the World of Ruin, but he still works well as a Dragoon-type character thanks to his lances.

Gogo can use almost any skill in the game, but his stats are terrible. Basically, he's a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Use him if you want an extremely versatile character.

Umaro is kind of lame. You can't control him, and you can't change his weapons or armor (only his relics can be changed). Worse yet, you NEED to give him specific relics so he can use his best attacks. Umaro is basically just a one-dimensional character who isn't even good at his one dimension. He's still usable, so feel free to use him if you really want.

Would anyone have any good suggestions on wether I should use Mog, Gogo or Umaro.

Mog is pretty good. His Dances are very damaging when you first recruit him in the World of Balance. Dances aren't so great in the World of Ruin, but he still works well as a Dragoon-type character thanks to his lances.

Gogo can use almost any skill in the game, but his stats are terrible. Basically, he's a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Use him if you want an extremely versatile character.

Umaro is kind of lame. You can't control him, and you can't change his weapons or armor (only his relics can be changed). Worse yet, you NEED to give him specific relics so he can use his best attacks. Umaro is basically just a one-dimensional character who isn't even good at his one dimension. He's still usable, so feel free to use him if you really want.

Okay thanks I think i'm gonna use Gogo & just spam Ultima & Cyan's Quadra-slam (if that works)

About dances, you only have until the end of the first half

light world

of the game to learn Mog's Water Dance from the Serpent's Trench.

I'll probably play the SNES version since I never tried that one out. I heard it's a whole lot harder so I might just stick to the GBA one (which I played the first time).

Alright then.

Odin vs. Raiden: This depends on what you want. Raiden teaches the amazing Quick spell, but Odin is the only magicite in the SNES version that raises speed at level-up. If you want your characters to have more speed, you might want to keep Odin. Otherwise, upgrade to Raiden ASAP.

Ragnarok sword vs. Magicite: The Ragnarok sword is the second best weapon in the game, but the Magicite teaches Ultima, the strongest magic in the game. However, it's also possible to learn Ultima using the Paladin Shield. I'd recommend the sword if you're playing the SNES version.

Another thing to keep in mind if you're playing the SNES version is that the Evade stat is completely useless due to a bug, so don't bother raising it.

Thanks a lot! I guess I'll go for Raiden and Ragnarok sword then.

About dances, you only have until the end of the first half

light world

of the game to learn Mog's Water Dance from the Serpent's Trench.

Thanks for that info :) , I didn't know where too get any of his dances except the one when you use the Moogle teams in the very beginning of the game.

Edited by Masamune_Wielder

Doesn't he learn his dances when he battles in a new environment?

That's right.

I didn't want to use him until i could actually find out where to get his dances (without using guides) so thanks for that Gustave now I can finally have a Moogle Charm team (no random battle) :)

I'm having trouble in Final Fantasy VI, I can't find out where to get the Striker (The Dagger you bet to get Shadow) I have been looking in every dungeon & i am stumped (I am also trying to beat the game without guides), so if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm having trouble in Final Fantasy VI, I can't find out where to get the Striker (The Dagger you bet to get Shadow) I have been looking in every dungeon & i am stumped (I am also trying to beat the game without guides), so if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated :)

The Striker is found in the Veldt cave. It shouldn't be too tough to locate.

The Striker is found in the Veldt cave. It shouldn't be too tough to locate.

I couldn't find it when I was there to save Shadow but I just went back & got it (Can't believe I missed it :(), Thanks Gustave:)

I had one question on FF6. I remember in the Phantom Train, there was this weak guy who took some chest containing what he claims to be a very powerful weapon or something. I never saw that guy again. Can you see him again and is it possible to actually get that weapon?

I had one question on FF6. I remember in the Phantom Train, there was this weak guy who took some chest containing what he claims to be a very powerful weapon or something. I never saw that guy again. Can you see him again and is it possible to actually get that weapon?

That guys the Siegfried imposter, you can't see him again but you can see the real Siegfried in the Arena in the World of Ruin (and you can fight him if you bet certain items, but that might just be in Advance I'm not sure). The item he takes is never said (as far as I know so it's it's pretty much a mystery)

That scene with the Siegfried imposter in the Phantom Train is just there for comic relief. The item he takes isn't obtainable. You can fight the real Siegfried in the colosseum (by betting a Megalixir if I'm not mistaken), but he's really difficult to beat.

Interestingly enough, Gau is supposed to be able to obtain Siegfried as one of his Rages, but is unable to do so because of the way the game is coded.

That scene with the Siegfried imposter in the Phantom Train is just there for comic relief. The item he takes isn't obtainable. You can fight the real Siegfried in the colosseum (by betting a Megalixir if I'm not mistaken), but he's really difficult to beat.

Interestingly enough, Gau is supposed to be able to obtain Siegfried as one of his Rages, but is unable to do so because of the way the game is coded.

I don't suppose you could recommend a website that could give codes to bypass that & get the rage or is it unchangeable :(

I don't suppose you could recommend a website that could give codes to bypass that & get the rage or is it unchangeable :(

I don't know any off the top of my head, but I might be able to find some for you. Which version of the game are you playing?

I don't know any off the top of my head, but I might be able to find some for you. Which version of the game are you playing?

Both Advance and/or original will work for me

Here's what I found:

For the SNES version. The first code beneath "02.0 Quick Codes". It's rather long and should give all rages.

For the Advance version. Ctrl+F "All Rages" (without the quotation marks) should take you to the code you want.

I haven't tested either of these codes personally, so I can't say whether they work or not. I could have sworn that someone made a patch for the SNES version that makes Siegfried and the other two unobtainable Rages appear on the Veldt, but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking.

Here's what I found:

For the SNES version. The first code beneath "02.0 Quick Codes". It's rather long and should give all rages.

For the Advance version. Ctrl+F "All Rages" (without the quotation marks) should take you to the code you want.

I haven't tested either of these codes personally, so I can't say whether they work or not. I could have sworn that someone made a patch for the SNES version that makes Siegfried and the other two unobtainable Rages appear on the Veldt, but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking.

Thanks Gustave :)

Not a problem.

By the way, this is the patch I was talking about. Applying that to the SNES version should make Siegfried (along with the other two unobtainable Rages, Chupon and Allo Ver) appear on the Veldt. As with the codes, I haven't tested it personally, so be sure to keep a backup ROM if you plan to use it.

Another thing: Gau will have an empty spot at the end of his Rage list once he learns all of his Rages.

Edited by Gustave

Not a problem.

By the way, this is the patch I was talking about. Applying that to the SNES version should make Siegfried (along with the other two unobtainable Rages, Chupon and Allo Ver) appear on the Veldt. As with the codes, I haven't tested it personally, so be sure to keep a backup ROM if you plan to use it.

Another thing: Gau will have an empty spot at the end of his Rage list once he learns all of his Rages.

I was planning to do a new play-through anyway so I'll just apply this & tell you the results in a couple of days (3 or 4). Thanks:)

• 2 weeks later...

I got Crystal Chronicles for the GC. :)

Wow your lucky I've been looking for some in my local Swap Shops & can't find them anywhere, If you like the Crystal Chronicle series you should get Crystal Bearers (I've only played the amazing demo so far).