FE5 character questions

Luminothe

Hi , I'm just starting FE5 and I was wondering which characters I should use/avoid. Please, no tier list nonsense,all I want to do is use whoever turns out the best. I'm currently using:

Othin

Leaf

Fin

Havel

And starting ch.2 thanks!

On two different notes:

Please tell me the music gets better, and soon!

Also, why is veryones 2nd tier cap 20?

Hi , I'm just starting FE5 and I was wondering which characters I should use/avoid. Please, no tier list nonsense,all I want to do is use whoever turns out the best. I'm currently using:

Othin

Leaf

Fin

Havel

And starting ch.2 thanks!

On two different notes:

Please tell me the music gets better, and soon!

Also, why is veryones 2nd tier cap 20?

Hey L.

Hm.. For the first ~8 chapters I'd train/use Leaf, Othin, Haval, Fin (though he doesn't need any training yet), Lifis, Saphy, Felgus, Karin, Brighton, Machyua, Lara, Dalsin, Asvel, Hicks. Though I prefer using as many as possible. You shouldn't overuse Dagdar and Eyvel I guess. Marty will always suck and Tanya and Ronan won't be too usefull, though Tanya could use a few levels. And make sure to steal lots of weapons.

I love the music. And their levels range from 1 to 20 and reset at promotion.

Adding to what Biney said:

Characters to use

Fin

Shiva

Carrion

Fergus

Karin (maybe)

Halvan

Othin (Use both Halvan and Othin or just one if you want)

Safy

Salem (Same with Pahn)

Pahn (12x finish 12 within 16 turns I think)

Machua (You'll have to promote her early for good benefits, though she will have E in axes)

Brighton or Hicks (You can only get Hicks if you saved the children in 4x)

Asvel (Have to go to 4x for him)

Lionan

Tina (Same with Pahn)

Lara (dancer make her talk to Pahn in 12x when he is still an enemy)

Glade (Just for the leadership star and extra unit)

Dean

Eyrios (16A left route or if you visit church with Leaf fort option Karin has to be alive and Olwen not recruited or has died)

Dadga (Is good for capturing)

Sety (You have to keep the boss on the castle alive till a unit reaches close to the castle)

Amalda (16A if you went there talk with Sleuf)

Sleuf (16A route)

Galzus (Talk with Mareeta)

Sara (Look at lightbrand's post)

People that you should probably use

Fred (11X Trigger the Porticullus attack in 11 and finish it within 30 turns)

Olwen (Same thing with Fred)

Misha (Sleep her then capture her till the map ends)

Mareeta (joining late is a problem)

Tanya (Give her some scrolls that increase strength)

Kein Alba and Robert (them being underleveled is an issue)

Xavier (Tough without 18 build thief to steal the Lenster Armor's weapons keep all the Lenster Armor alive and have the civilians talk to them problem is when they turn green they kill each other.)

Conomore (16B route)

Homeroes

Nanna

Lifis (Pahn should replace him unless if you plan to give him scrolls to get his build up or stats up)

People that you should not use

Selphina (Her strength growth is way too low unless if you plan to give her scrolls)

Dalshien (Class effective weapons hurt in this game and his other stats besides HP Strength Defense and Build are not good)

Miranda (16B Too underleveled and gets one shot by everything at that level)

Eda (Same with Miranda)

Cyas

Marty (Usable if giving Sety and Odo scroll)

Shanam (16B route)

Map themes you hear later: http://www.feplanet.net/media/music/player_single.php?id=948&game=&disc= http://www.feplanet.net/media/music/player_single.php?id=949&game=&disc= http://www.feplanet.net/media/music/player_single.php?id=953&game=&disc= http://www.feplanet.net/media/music/player_single.php?id=954&game=&disc=

Edited by Patchouli

Galzus in later game. He's an awesome Gato.

At LV20 (Base Level)

HP 54/80

STR 20/20

MAG 9/20

CON 18/20

SKL 20/20

SPD 20/20

LUK 17/20

DEF 14/20

RES 9/20

MOV 8

Can use: Swords and Axes(A RANK)

SKILLS

Shooting Star Sword- Astra

Moonlight Sword- Luna

Starting Weapons: Master Sword, Master Axe, Fire Sword, Vulnerary x2

He can use the Master weapons without any speed loss.

If you don't plan on using him at least recruit him.

If he is not recruited he becomes Dark Warlord Zwei.

Gets a 20% bond from Mareeta also.

Identical stats if not recruited.

Why didn't anyone here mention Sara yet? She's awesome. Comes with three really good skills and has good growths in everything except HP, Def, and Build (she doesn't need Build at all though). She also has a lot of movement stars and could also work as an excellent staff user.

Galzus is upper mid on the tier lists. He isn't the best according to that but stat wise, and with Thracia's difficulty the value of an Est is reduced tenfold.

Ests don't turn out to be invincible fighting machines, they turn out slightly better than most stronger characters. Simply not worth the time when you could get two characters close to the Est's end result with less effort.

With 20 stat caps for everything, Ests don't even turn out "slightly better". They start awful and become the exact same thing as your other units, if not worse (Hi, I'm Miranda. What's "defense" or "HP"?).

With 20 stat caps for everything, Ests don't even turn out "slightly better". They start awful and become the exact same thing as your other units, if not worse (Hi, I'm Miranda. What's "defense" or "HP"?).

:awesome:

And Pahn is simply pahnage, great PC (Pursuit Critical Coefficent), Movement Stars, great Skills like Sun Sword (Sol) and can steal weapons too, just give him the Neir scroll if you want his Bld (Con) to go up, so he could steal those heavy weapons.

All Ests are alike. Nino: "What do you mean CON and Defense?" "Wait. You are telling me I lose my uber speed from anything that is worth using in the endgame?" "Wait? I getting shredded like paper when I get hit due to my weighed down avoid stat?"

Will ignore Est due to reclassing, Corpul due to father issues although 15 SKL is low,

Sara: "Haha, defense? Is it a book?"

Sophia: "What do you mean survive am enemy attack? Speed?"

Zeiss: "Statistically inferior to Miledy... Harder to train... So does that mean I'm awesome?"

L'Archel: "Help! I'm going to be one-shotted!"

Ellincia: "Eep! A unit who can attack!"

Pelleas: "I have lower speed than other mage units reducing my usage even further, and even better I have a 39 magic cap that I don't even reach! Plus, Balberith only gives me stregnth which is useless because I have enough already!"

Ests fail.

Galzus:"Put me into battle! I kill everything, don't lose speed from Master Weapons and respond to magic units by murdering them!"

Ests aren't the greatest units.

Any unit that gets killed easily is a glass cannon which is why they are low on tier lists.

They suck more than many easier to train units.

Galzus and Sety are awesome.

Nor Elincia, Zeiss or L'Arachel are Est. Zeiss has average growths, not too different from Miledy, an Est must have good growths, that's why Sophiya isn't one either.

Though Pelleas is indeed an Est.

Sara doesn't join THAT late. And she isn't really difficult to train either, thanks to Elite. And even her low defense discourages you from sending her into the heat of the battle, she can still be a very effective staff user. With 5 movement stars, and high magic to help spread status. With the exception of Repair and Thief Staff usage, Sara can do whatever all the other staff users can do and do it better. Safy lacks movement stars and Tina has poor magic and skill stats and low weapon level.

Um, Sara is mostly used for staffspam, starts with B Staves and can jump to A after promo. She isn't a fighter, and Elite + 80% MGC / SKL / SPD growths ensure she won't need much training / babying. I don't see how she is an Est since she doesn't need to be babied at all. The only one that would fit is Miranda.

Sara is in High Tier last time I checked.

Sara is in High or at least Upper Mid on every upper mid, so w/e. But her durability is horrid.

Generally, Patchouli's list is good to go by. Just make sure you have plenty of high-level high mag staff users for mid-late chapters. Lara can function as a substitute for them as well. Make sure to promote her from Thief to Dancer, don't bother giving her EXP or a Knight Proof.

Edited by Mekkah

Galzus is pretty much the most awesome character in the game, but you get him for like on chapter. Oh yeah, Sety is broken even with this RNG

Only you can't ever grow him any either without the stat up items that you can buy in his joining chapter. >_>

Why didn't anyone here mention Sara yet? She's awesome. Comes with three really good skills and has good growths in everything except HP, Def, and Build (she doesn't need Build at all though). She also has a lot of movement stars and could also work as an excellent staff user.

Also pretty manditory for recruiting Eyvel later and pretty much needed for the last chapter.

Sara is in High or at least Upper Mid on every upper mid, so w/e. But her durability is horrid.

Generally, Patchouli's list is good to go by. Just make sure you have plenty of high-level high mag staff users for mid-late chapters. Lara can function as a substitute for them as well. Make sure to promote her from Thief to Dancer, don't bother giving her EXP or a Knight Proof.

Thanks. I thought that she had to become a Thief Fighter to become a Dancer. Shouldn't have to waste your Elite Manual on her either...unless that you are desparate into giving her some better stats.

Using stat boosters on Galzus is a waste imo, because I'm pretty sure everyone else, with the possible exception of Sety, would need those stat boosters more than Galzus no matter who they are.

I mean, come on, Galzus at his base level can take ORKO Redrick and he can't even use the Blagi Sword! How awesome is that?