I need help from any of you technical people

CGV

Ok, so ever since my idiot cousin installed Skype I keep getting this pop-up that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working: A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." every single time I try to type something whether it's on the internet or not.

I've been to countless other forums and all the "solutions" didn't help. I uninstalled Skype and everything from windows, even got rid of IE, but the damn problem STILL occurs. I don't know how to get rid of this message box that keeps appearing

If anyone can help, PLEASE help me!

thanx

Easy fixes:

Download a new browser (if possible).

When booting up your computer, don't allow Windows to boot normally. Instead, try booting Windows with the last known working configuration.

Check your connection in the control panel.

Search around on Google a little more. Maybe Skype screwed with your internet settings upon installing (unlikely, though. Trillian didn't do anything when I installed it. Skype shouldn't do anything either.).

Edited by Santa Snake

For Windows do you mean MSN?

and how do i boot with the last known working configuration. I'm a total noob at this so I don't get anything when it comes to this sort of thing

and how do i boot with the last known working configuration. I'm a total noob at this so I don't get anything when it comes to this sort of thing

When you turn on your computer or restart it hit F8 repeatedly.

No. Trillian has AIM, YIM, and MSN all in one. Some don't like it, but I hardly ever go on and it's best for me to have all three at once.

Hit F8 (like Patchouli said).

• 3 weeks later...

It may be because of a virus, try running a scan. I know one of my friends have a simalar problem and their computer is infected with no less than 20 viruses.

Have you considered Firefox?

He uses Firefox. He probably should have mentioned that, but the message came up saying IE even though he's on Firefox. By the way, I'm 95% sure this problem has been resolved.

Have you considered Firefox?

He uses Firefox. He probably should have mentioned that, but the message came up saying IE even though he's on Firefox. By the way, I'm 95% sure this problem has been resolved.

Yes, that seems like something that would bear mentioning. Oh well, at least the problem is probably fixed.

actually it was fixed for a while. It just kinda fixed itself, but now the MSN problem came back..... uguu..... and yes I use Firefox