Umineko no Naku Koro ni F

Welcome to the Umineko no Naku Koro ni Choose Your Own Adventure. Here, you, the reader, will chose how to advance within the story. How to play is simple: Whenever a multiple choice question comes up, such as where the main character should go next, the audience- that's you- will vote on a choice by posting the preferred option's letter. Why not use a poll? Because it's too much hassle wiping it every time I update the story.

Current Inventory:

• Bedroom Key (Yours)

This section will be updated to include further information as it becomes relevant to the story, such as further rules, clues and, as this is an Umineko CYOA, Red and Blue Truths that are in effect.

~~~~~

1986. You are Adelle Saito, a lawyer appointed by the head of a wealthy family, Kinzo Ushiromiya, as counsel in writing his final will. You received a call early the previous morning about a change that Kinzo had wanted to make in the will. He requested that you come to his private island of Rokkenjima, a small, secluded island about 10 kilometers around and is covered mostly by forested areas, save for the mansion grounds. Considering the lofty compensation he has offered in return for the visit- two solid gold ingots- you packed your things and left for the island immediately.

You are now arriving at the island. The only way to get to the island is by boat, which can make it difficult to come to and from the island during stormy weather, such as that which had been broadcasted for the next few days. As the boat pulls into the island’s sole docks, you disembark from the boat. You don’t see anyone else around at the moment. While Kinzo had requested you meet with him as soon as you landed, but you have so much luggage that you want to move it to the guest house first before moving on. What will you do?

A: Head straight for the Main Mansion where Kinzo is.

B: Drop your luggage off at the Guest House.

C: Look around the docks for a bit.

Edited by Battler Ushiromiya

You take your bags from your boat and head towards the Guest House with the luggage in hand.

After reaching the guest house, you come across a rather rotund middle-aged man. He sees you, and walks over to meet you.

“I don’t remember seeing you before… Ah, I know! You must be the attorney Kinzo hired to come for the meeting. But what are you doing here at the guest house?”

You motion to the luggage in your hands, and before you can say a word, the man bursts into laughter.

“Ohohoho! You actually brought your luggage up here by yourself? The servants could have done that for you instead!”

“Servants?” you ask.

“Yes, the servants. Most of them have the day off, but I believe there’s four on duty today: The head butler Genji, the gardener Kanon, the maid Shannon, and the cook my wife hired herself, Gohda. Don’t worry about it, though, I’ll call Shannon to take your luggage to your room now. We just got here ourselves, and she’s been moving our luggage into the guest room for us.”

Within a few moments, a young woman in a maid’s outfit exits the Guest House. The man motions her over the moment he sees her.

“Yes, Master Hideyoshi?” She asks.

“Shannon, Will you take Ms….” The man starts, but trails off.

“Saito. Adelle Saito,” you say. The man nods, and then continues his sentence. “Ms. Saito’s luggage up to her room for her, please."

“Yes, Master Hideyoshi.” The servant, Shannon, picks up the luggage and starts to head inside. What will you do?

A: Follow Shannon to your room.

B: Stay and continue talking to the man.

C: Head to the Main Mansion

You decide to follow the servant, Shannon, to your room. You figure it might be a good idea to figure out where your room is for later, anyways. You follow Shannon up the stairs to the second floor, then to a door at the end of the hall. Shannon puts down your luggage for a moment, then pulls out a key which she then uses to unlock and open the door to the room. She then steps back and motions to enter the room. You do so.

The room is a moderately sized bedroom with a closet and attached bathroom. Beside the queen-sized bed is a nightstand on each side, upon which rests a lamp each. Across from the bed is a large drawer with a large mirror attached. The top is bare.

As you look about, the servant, Shannon, brings your luggage into the room and places them at the foot of the bed. She then stands and curtseys.

“Ms. Saito, the meeting will begin soon. It’ll be held in the Main Mansion.”

You nod in acknowledgement, remembering why you came in the first place. Kinzo, the head of the family, was to make a statement at the meeting about his will. You don’t know why your presence is necessary now, but hopefully the meeting will explain why.

As you turn to leave, the servant suddenly yelps, apparently remembering something. She proceeds to pull something from her dress.

“Ms. Saito, I almost forgot. The key to your room…”

The servant hands you a key, the same one she had used to open the room earlier. You take it and put it in your pocket.

Item Obtained: Bedroom Key (Yours)

Since the meeting is starting soon, you decide to head to the Main Mansion. However, you look out your bedroom window and notice there are several paths heading from the Guest House. What do you decide to do?

A: Ask Shannon to guide you to the Main Mansion.

B: Leave the room and see if there is a map you can use to find your way to the mansion.

C: Leave the Guest House altogether and chose a random path to follow.

You decide to ask Shannon to guide you to the mansion. She blinks for a second in apparent surprise, then nods. You follow her out the room, down the hall, down the stairs, and out the door where she bumps directly into a slightly chubby young man in glasses.

“Sayo!” Exclaims the young man. “I didn’t expect to see you here. I thought you were heading over to the Main Mansion!”

“Well, Master Kinzo’s attorney arrived earlier, and I was carrying her luggage to her room…”

The young man blinks for a moment. “Attorney? Grandfather called his attorney here?”

Shannon nods, and then steps slightly aside so you and the man can see face to face. The young man pauses for a second, then holds out his hand, apparently inviting a handshake.

“My name is George,” says the young man. “My mother, Eva, and my father, Hideyoshi, went to the Main Mansion for the meeting a few minutes ago.”

“Hideyoshi?” You ask. “I believe I met him earlier. He didn’t really introduce himself though…”

George faintly smiles. “He forgets about introductions sometimes. Don’t worry about it.”

You nod, and then turn to Shannon. A few seconds of silence pass, then Shannon speaks up.

“Umm… Would it be alright if I star here with George for a bit? Once you’re on the path to the Main Mansion, it’s a pretty straitforward trip, anyways…”

What will you decide to do?

A: Reject Shannon’s request and have her guide you anyways.

B: Allow Shannon to stay with George and head to the Mansion alone.