My Playthrough Log

Yes. I feel like making a log through this game. This is my first time playing it, on the default difficulty setting. I have heard this is a somewhat hard game, so here we go. My aim through this playthrough is to use to be efficient as possible paying attention to EXP and item distribution. Turns doesn't matter so much to me.

Chapter 1

Easy yet difficult chapter, Lance almost died, but he was just out of range of an enemy fighter so he didn't. Nothing else really worth mentioning. I forgot to record turn number. My units:

chapter1.jpg?t=1262387538

Chapter 2

Merlinus and Ellen added. Dieck and his group came, dieck tanked the oncoming axe users then on the player phase Lot and Wade took out some lance users. Thany dodged a 71 hit of an iron bow so maybe this is a sign that I should use her. Dieck continued on to own the boss with the armorslayer. Rapier only has 4 uses left :unsure: This was a pretty easy chapter. I need to count the turns next chapter so I can put them on here. Units:

Chapter2.jpg?t=1262389172

Chapter 3

Looks simple enough. I sent Lance, Marcus, and Thany north, and Lot and Ward went east. I left the rest of my units just outside the range of the units by the building. Bors continues to fail with horrible hit percentages. I recruited Lugh(yay!)...Chad got the chests with dieck clearing the AKs. Dieck and Lugh killed the boss. I messed up pretty bad at the end with the last fighter. I had Wolt and Lugh hit him, then Ward was supposed to finish him but he missed and no one else was in range. I cheated to not have to restart the chapter :P The turns came out to somewhere around 23 turns. Units:

Chapter3.jpg?t=1262392138

Do you know who do you plan on using?

I'm not sure yet, once I get to choose the units for my chapters I will probably decide on a team

You are really neglecting the cavs. Get them to support each other and Roy then they'll be invincible. You should start ditching characters you don't need since this game throws lots of useless characters at you.

You are really neglecting the cavs. Get them to support each other and Roy then they'll be invincible. You should start ditching characters you don't need since this game throws lots of useless characters at you.

After a bit of thought, I will keep Roy, Lance, Alan, Ellen(probably somebody else when I get them), Dieck, Lot, Thany, Lugh, Chad, and Merlinus of course. Some of these units are subject to change, the most iffy ones in my viewpoint are Lot, Chad, Ellen, and Thany. If I like the way Wolt grows, I might add him but the general opinion of people towards him is negative so I'll just have to wait and see.

Chapter 4

This map looks like it was reused in FE7 for chapter 13 IIRC. Lots of mounted units also. Basically, I set up for defense with Alan, Bors, and Lot blocking the bridges, then I branched outward from there. At the sight of Clarine, I'm pretty sure that I will replace Ellen with her. Also I will probably take Thany and Lot out, And keep Rutger. I took salmonella's advice and tried to use Alan and Lance a lot, and I got them a C support. Rutger killed the boss with a critical. My units are as follows:

Chapter4.jpg?t=1262402288

I added colors to the spreadsheet

Chapter 5

All I can say is, this chapter was a pain. I brought some of my weaker units towards the gate, I brought Wolt, Ward, Bors, Marcus...then they opened the gate and I was in trouble. I brought Lugh, Lot, and Chad to help them out, and it was really a matter of Marcus and Bors tanking. They killed Ward, but I don't really care that much. I developed a few supports, Dieck and Lugh killed the boss. The reinforcements almost screwed me up too. One came near Clarine and would have killed her if he didn't miss, but he did. Also, yay I get a base now.

Chapter5.jpg?t=1262455440

Chapter 6

This chapter was pretty simple, but I got lucky a few times. I brought Roy, Marcus, Lance, Alan, Merlinus, Clarine, Rutger, Dieck, Chad ,and Lugh. Then I got Dorothy and Saul who helped minimally. Saul did some healing when needed, and Dorothy managed a 2% crit to kill an AK. Other luck came when Lugh dodgetanked 2 soldiers and an archer. Lance and Alan got their support leveled up, and their hit is becoming much more reliable. The boss was something of a challenge because I didn't want to take Clarine up with me, so I had Roy, Marcus, and Dieck striking at the boss with iron sword with horrible hit. I recruited Sue, but I don't think I'll be using her. I think I will stick with these 10 units and add people when necessary, but I liked these guys.

Chapter6.jpg?t=1262462510

Edited by core34510

Chapter 7

This chapter gave me major problems. First it was because of the multiple enemy fronts, Chad got screwed. Then the reinforcements came and I didn't bring enough people close enough to kill them. Other than that it was good. I am thinking I might temporarily replace Marcus with Zealot, depending on how their stats compare when I check. I got Marth to support Lance, so now they really are the trio from Hell. I leveled Rutger and Lugh one level in the arena because they were close to it and could reach it in one battle. I got Chad up enough so he stole the red gem from the enemy wyvern rider. My Units:

Chapter7.jpg?t=1262482467

Also Noah, Treck, and Zealot. I will add them to the table next chapter, and if I use any of them I will add their stats.

Edited by core34510

I got Marth to support Lance, so now they really are the trio from Hell.

Wut.

Also, you might want to keep Saul/Ellen on for a short while more, mainly because Clarine can't heal everyone on the team at once.

Get Rutger to support Clarine so she can dodge better. Also, you don't need to deploy Merlinus. Items go to the supply even when he isn't present.

I just learned that merlinus didn't need to be deployed, but thanks. And I have been working on Rutger x Clarine but it hasn't happened yet.

I got Marth to support Lance, so now they really are the trio from Hell.

Wut.

Also, you might want to keep Saul/Ellen on for a short while more, mainly because Clarine can't heal everyone on the team at once.

You know I meant Roy. I am doing too many playthroughs of different games at once. And I am not killing them off, they are just out of use. I don't want to deploy them because healers tend to lag behind other units in level, and I want Clarine to get as much EXP as possible. I'm gonna start chapter 8 now.

Chapter 8

Lots of stuff to be gotten here. BTW, sorry for slacking off and not doing much lately. This chapter requires you to go at a breakneck speed to get to the chests before the theives(I didn't) I really wanted that light brand! Also, barth's group is very vulnerable. Oujay is fragile, as is Wendy, and Wendy got doubled by the iron bow archer. Barth did ok. I went on, then reinforcements came, and Lilina was in trouble, but she was saved. I will be using Lilina, Barth, and Astohl in my team. As for my units: I'll edit this later with them included.

• 3 weeks later...