Discussion about the worst classes!

Liz

is there any class you think is the worst? for example, a sniper or an assassin?

just post your point of view and discuss.

Note from Fox: The timing of this is off. I had to alter some things to get this to work.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no class is completely awful. They all vary from person to person.

That's true. Like me, I don't particularly like armored units because of their low speed, that doesn't make them plain bad.

Well, no class is completely awful. They all vary from person to person.

true that. its the characters that are bad, not the class *coughmegcoughmakalovcough*

Are you kidding me? Snipers and Assassins? You think these classes aren't awful at all?

No, they aren't. It depends how you use them. You canNOT say any class is bad, only specific characters. Like Rebecca is amazing, but Wil usually falls short. I don't use assassins often, but Legault usually does really well for me.

No, they aren't. It depends how you use them. You canNOT say any class is bad, only specific characters. Like Rebecca is amazing, but Wil usually falls short. I don't use assassins often, but Legault usually does really well for me.

First of all, Sniper sucks to begin with. Who cares about growths and such. Its about the battles. They lack of melee which hurts their overall performance.

Secondly, Assassin's are considered one of the worst class amongst most experience players, alongside with say Snipers. They happen to have the worst Str cap of 20 which is quite not good when you think about it. They're also complete reliant on the RNG, even more so than most other classes such as Beserkers and Swordmasters for instance. They depend on the RNG to put out critical hits. Especially their skills, Silencer which happen to be no better than critical hit in a LOT of situations. Meaning they need to relay on killer weapons such as Killing Edge or Shamshir in order to active their Silencer skills to be of decent use. By doing so, it would probably result losing many of your funds. They also lack of ranged weaponry since they're usually weaker than physical weapons of the same level, which hurt their cause even more.

First of all, Sniper sucks to begin with. Who cares about growths and such. Its about the battles. They lack of melee which hurts their overall performance.

Secondly, Assassin's are considered one of the worst class amongst most experience players, alongside with say Snipers. They happen to have the worst Str cap of 20 which is quite not good when you think about it. They're also complete reliant on the RNG, even more so than most other classes such as Beserkers and Swordmasters for instance. They depend on the RNG to put out critical hits. Especially their skills, Silencer which happen to be no better than critical hit in a LOT of situations. Meaning they need to relay on killer weapons such as Killing Edge or Shamshir in order to active their Silencer skills to be of decent use. By doing so, it would probably result losing many of your funds. They also lack of ranged weaponry since they're usually weaker than physical weapons of the same level, which hurt their cause even more.

Snipers do not suck. Don't even say that. Who cares if they can't attack from melee range? They don't have a weapon triangle which is a blessing and a curse, since they don't get bonuses but also won't suffer penalties. They don't even need bonuses though. They murder all flying units. They are amazing backline support, especially with ballistaes. Hell, I've often used certain snipers as bait to draw the enemy in because I know they won't get hurt or kill the enemy. Don't use them if you don't like them, but you can't say they suck just because they can only attack from 2 spaces away. That's bullshit.

If there were any class I could call the worse, it would have to be assassins, though I don't think they are horrible. I thought you liked assassins? When you were Colm, didn't you have them all in your sig?

lol! Fox had a major mess-up!

but about the topic, i don't think snipers are a worst class. the point of snipers is not to go out and fight with the enemy one-on-one, but to fight from far away, and as backline support. and besides, the cross-bow already fixes the problem of the lack of melee battle (of course, they may decide to not add the crossbow in future installments. who knows)

now about assassins..... they are the least helpful units in battle, IMO. that doesn't mean they can't be good, though.

Snipers do not suck. Don't even say that. Who cares if they can't attack from melee range? They don't have a weapon triangle which is a blessing and a curse, since they don't get bonuses but also won't suffer penalties. They don't even need bonuses though. They murder all flying units. They are amazing backline support, especially with ballistaes. Hell, I've often used certain snipers as bait to draw the enemy in because I know they won't get hurt or kill the enemy. Don't use them if you don't like them, but you can't say they suck just because they can only attack from 2 spaces away. That's bullshit.

If there were any class I could call the worse, it would have to be assassins, though I don't think they are horrible. I thought you liked assassins? When you were Colm, didn't you have them all in your sig?

How about this? What if a Sniper got cornered by numerous of melee units? Thats where you know your screwed. Especially if they were to dodge enemy attacks. Snipers can also take away your tactics rating because of that.

I still like Assassins, even though I find them worst but it doesn't mean that I hate Assassins. I like them despite the fact.

How about this? What if a Sniper got cornered by numerous of melee units? Thats where you know your screwed. Especially if they were to dodge enemy attacks. Snipers can also take away your tactics rating because of that.

I still like Assassins, even though I find them worst but it doesn't mean that I hate Assassins. I like them despite the fact.

Why would a sniper be soloing anything, anywhere, unless it was other archers? And that should be combat rank, shouldn't it?

I tried some things but it didn't work...

What makes you think they can solo numerous Archers/Sniper when Lances are the most common enemy weapon type than any weapons?

I'm saying if it ever occurs, that's the only reason they would solo something. But unless you are doing solo runs, no one should solo anything.

And, I think I got it right!

I'm saying if it ever occurs, that's the only reason they would solo something. But unless you are doing solo runs, no one should solo anything.

And, I think I got it right!

Even if they didn't solo, they still can't counter in melee they can just harass them for all I know. I can tell you now that most experts I know don't appreciate Snipers at all. Both Snipers and Assassin's are like the top worst class of all.

Even if they didn't solo, they still can't counter in melee they can just harass them for all I know. I can tell you now that most experts I know don't appreciate Snipers at all. Both Snipers and Assassin's are like the top worst class of all.

Too bad for these "experts" you speak of. A real expert would learn how to use everything and make them useful.

Though assassins....they get overshadowed by swordmasters.

Let me repeat myself. You don't seem to get it. They have low stats and no close range usage, which means they can get surrounded by close melees and they're screwed unless a worthwhile unit comes and bails them out. they probably suck so much because the makers of the game didn't want to make them have good stats AND a special skill: sure shot, the biggest piece of crap skill on earth. Occasionally gives them 100% accuracy, even though accuracy is the only thing they're already good at.

Let me repeat myself. You don't seem to get it. They have low stats and no close range usage, which means they can get surrounded by close rangers and they're screwed unless a worthwhile unit comes and bails them out. they probably suck so much because the makers of the game didn't want to make them have good stats AND a special skill: sure shot, the biggest piece o' crap skill on earth. Occasionally gives them 100% accuracy, even though accuracy is the only thing they're already good at.

You don't seem to understand that I disagree with your opinion. Why the hell would they be alone in the first place? Their stats are not that bad, not any worse than other classes. Sure Shot is only FE8 anyway. Most skills were pointless in that.

uhh...yes they are, they are a target for the enemy. Meaning they'll gang up on your snipers rather than your other units. They do that all the time.

Put 'em BEHIND your other units, or is that too tough for you?

Are you kidding me? Snipers and Assassins? You think these classes aren't awful at all?

Well yeah snipers can't retalliate from close range, but if you're good enough, you shouldn't even have to worry about them BEING attacked in the first place. They are there so you can put them behind your units to attack from afar so you can blow through the enemy units faster or have them aid the unit that's sheilding them, and then get to your goal. It's all strategy when it comes down to how you use them. Personally, I don't go a game without them because they are quite accurate and fast. Yes, they can't retalliate, BUT enemy units can't attack a sniper back either, so it kinda cancels out

And assassins have low strength because they have lethality. Who the hell needs strength when you can kill in a single shot? (Actually iirc, Matthew, Legault and Colm didn't have strength problems at all. They could usually kill enemies without Lethalitizing them)

Put 'em BEHIND your other units, or is that too tough for you?

Are you crazy? What if they're happen to be units that can attack with 1-2 Range. That would set your units to a position where they're unable to attack at a 2 range. Quit finding excuses. Theres no way your units can be your shield for Snipers.