Lilina is so NOT the best mage...

Junkhead

I intendt to tell you I got tired of those kids that say Lilina is better than Lugh. Do they actually take into consideration on what category exactly? Because when it comes to playing, beauty does not make a unit "Good".

I am a big Lilina fanboy, and you're hearing this from me, but even I know when delusion is delusion, especially comes to calling Lilina better than Lugh just because most of us are guys and find her cute and adorable.

This is coming from a big Lilina fanboym me, but even I accept what can actually be reffered to as "Good", also, take into consideration that we'll be talking in an effeciency standpoint here, not which character is better personality-wise or the character itself. And remember, personal experience means nothing, which is also a big flaw on most Lilina fanboys...

Just look at this here (Sorry, I had them all together =P):

That.jpg

As you can see, I have a blessed Lilina, but this doesn't she will be turning out the same for everyone. Just look at her averages.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cllarifying to those who don't, not everybody does.

There are three types of people in the world:

1. People who are sensible and know Lillina is bad.

2. People who are sensible but use Lillina anyway to challenge themselves.

3. The people who aren't sensible and use Lillina because she is somehow the "best magic user EVAR" even though its shown even RAY will turn out better than her at equal levels.

It's fine i you like her as a character which STILL is debatable simply because she has no real personality to speak of. But to argue she is GOOD...

It's like trying to argue that Micaiah is the best unit EVAR. Or Lyn. Or goddamn Corpul.

EDIT: Speaking o which, where is Alice when you need her to defend her most overrated love ever?

Edited by Merlinus the Jew

It's fine i you like her as a character which STILL is debatable simply because she has no real personality to speak of. But to argue she is GOOD...

It's debatable whether or not you can like a character?

Depending on the reasoning they use to like them.

Like if somebody likes Micaiah because they are "So smart and are the bestest tactician evar", they need to come up with a new reason stat.

Because I can already think of 10 reasons why she isn't.

Let me put it this way: When you argue against Twilight fans about how Twilight is bad, they often say, "You're just jealous of what Bella and Edward have!"

Towards which I give an example that turns their "reason" upside down. In this case being, "Yes, because being in an abusive male-dominant relationship is so healthy, amirite?"

Speaking o which, where is Hero when you need her to defend her most overrated love ever?

Fix'd.

Depending on the reasoning they use to like them.

Take into consideration that we'll be talking in an effeciency standpoint here, not which character is better personality-wise or the character itself.

She has good magic, luck and res. She's your average non-speed mage. Which doesn't mean she's bad. Not best, sure, but not the worst unit, so to speak.

I like Lugh far better, though, since skill and speed is still more important.

She has good magic, luck and res. She's your average non-speed mage. Which doesn't mean she's bad. Not best, sure, but not the worst unit, so to speak.

I like Lugh far better, though, since skill and speed is still more important.

Agreed. I never said she was the worst, I totally use her.

Spd is more Avoidance reliable than Luck is, let's also not forget Lugh has +1 base Spd and +15% Spd growth, Lilina just stomps him in Magic, they both have decent Luck, really.

Oh, Resistance isn't too much of an important factor considering this is FE6, where many units have lower Resistance, the only troubles are going to be the Berserk staff fest and getting Bolting zapped.

Alice and I must be really grating you or something. :D

I'm a fan of Lilina because I think training up low level characters makes the game more challenging, because I like one-shotting enemies with brute force and because I don't like Lugh. That doesn't mean I think she should be at the top of the efficiency tier lists. She's a great unit, but I acknowledge that there are others even better. Whenever I compare Fire Emblem characters in Far from the Forest, you should take it with the same amount of salt as you would from Tangerine.

I think it's completely irrational how much hate she gets, though. From the sheer number of times I've heard that Lilina is overrated in the past few weeks I'm almost to the point of thinking she's the most underrated character in FE6.

Edited by FreeKnt

She is no way in hell underrateed, you are underrated when everyone hypes you for being the typical cute mage that has Magic, Luck and Resistance.

No one actually hates her, you haven't been long enough SF to actually experience those Lilina fanboys and bring up the excuse she is good because their RNG blessed Lilinas, when debating over a character, we use averages, and let this be clear, we are taking this to an effeciency standpoint, you know, fragile characters that get killed by most enemies and show up late rank up low.

I have the same opinion as you, I even have her promoted by a little bit of chapters later, but like I said, this is just Personal Experience.

I've never used my personal experience as evidence in an argument related to Fire Emblem, and I've never misunderstood the idea of efficiency or denied it its place in character discussions on this board, even though I think there's more to Fire Emblem than efficiency. I know how debates work here.

As you said we practically have the same opinion about the subject, just different styles of expression.

She's a great unit.

I think it's completely irrational how much hate she gets, though. From the sheer number of times I've heard that Lilina is overrated in the past few weeks I'm almost to the point of thinking she's the most underrated character in FE6.

Calling her overrated is not hate. And she most definitely is not underrated. I don't know what you've been hearing in the past few weeks, but if the last two years have taught me (and, I imagine, the people you've been hearing this from, assuming it's on this forum) anything it's that she's way more overrated than underrated, especially if you're calling her a "great" unit. She's not terribad, but she's not good.

I've never used my personal experience as evidence in an argument related to Fire Emblem, and I've never misunderstood the idea of efficiency or denied it its place in character discussions on this board, even though I think there's more to Fire Emblem than efficiency. I know how debates work here.

I'm a fan of Lilina because I think training up low level characters makes the game more challenging, because I like one-shotting enemies with brute force and because I don't like Lugh. That doesn't mean I think she should be at the top of the efficiency tier lists. She's a great unit, but I acknowledge that there are others even better.

Doesn't seem like it, making the game more challenging by training low leveled characters is defeneatly not effeciency, nor can you call a unit like that "Great".

Edited by Soul

in my time lurking fire emblem boards, i've probably seen Lilina get more hate than love. maybe it's the sites i lurk, though.

personally, i don't see why people care either way.

Because FE fans are inept at not having debates over two relatively similar characters.

And then there are the rabid fanboys *COUGHFreeKntCOUGH* that will defend Lillina via personal experience or just flat out generalizations.

Oh, Resistance isn't too much of an important factor considering this is FE6, where many units have lower Resistance, the only troubles are going to be the Berserk staff fest and getting Bolting zapped.

Bolting-zapping was what I used to do to enemies =P

The first time I play the game, I actually killed Zephiel with Lilina's Bolting from outside the room. That poor king doesn't even know what got him.

And yea, my take on Lilina would be: she's a typical mag/luk/res magic user (the anima counterpart of Sophia and Ellen, so to speak) and she might not be as good as the green-haired twins (mag/skl/spd) because speed is generally more important in FE6. I'd normally take 5~6 magic units to final though, because FE6 enemies are that bad at res.

Bottom line: if it's a magic unit, it's probably worth using. (You can't possibly fail with most units anyway, save for a few.) The rest would be up to personal preference.

Lugh fairs quite well, his Defense is higher at lower chapters, he will have more ease when it comes to Chapter 5 due to terrain advantage, he also starts gaining Spd decently.

They aren't bad at all, I never said Lilina was bad either, she just isn't the best. Which is what her fanboys consider her and say Lugh sucks.

I ALWAYS use Lilina on my team because her magic growth is amazing to the point where she can kill Mamkutes with Aircalibur alone. But she suffers from low skill growth, HP and defense which kind of keeps her from being ZOMG TEH BEST MAGE EVAR~!!1 Hugh and Lugh have the advantage of being more well-rounded.

Actually, very few units are considered "great/good" by the highest FE standards in FE6: Lance, Allen, Dieck, Percival, Echidna, and Miredy.

Everyone else is debatable one way or another (Gonzales/Thieves/Dancers) has a major flaw (Magic users/Peg knights/ cavs not named Lance, Allen, or Percival) or just suck (too many to list).

I ALWAYS use Lilina on my team because her magic growth is amazing to the point where she can kill Mamkutes with Aircalibur alone. But she suffers from low skill growth, HP and defense which kind of keeps her from being ZOMG TEH BEST MAGE EVAR~!!1 Hugh and Lugh have the advantage of being more well-rounded.

Aircalibur alone but you're totally not counting that she has to wait until enemy phase, oh wait. What Enemy Phase? With that Defense!? :o