Arena

Hatari

Est and Catria are rather good stat wise, in normal mode. I haven't played hard mode yet.

Res is interesting, I rather have a decent amount and not worry about the mages, than to have very little and need to actually watch the amount of damage they do in the arena. 23 is an insane amount of damage for someone with 40 HP, who might not double on a given turn.

Yes, I got an sage on a 900+ wager and had to back out.

Edited by Hatari

Does the arena get harder as you increase your difficulty or is it outside of everything and just balances based on your stats?

Yes. I statboosted Sedgar's health to the max and the enemy ended up stronger and with silver weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been given anything except an Iron weapon in the arena. I know that enemies have silver ones on occasion.

Also, does it give you the weapon you have the highest weapon rank in? It appears that way to me.

I sent Lena in at Level 20/10 with an A in Tomes and she got a Thoron. It may only be physical weapons that get the most basic.

You can be given different weapons if you're weak enough. For instance, Myrmidons in the arena vs. and Armor Knight. If they don't have enough strength to do damage, they'll be given a Steel Sword.